Windass Staying

bigmclean

51 minutes ago, bigmclean said:

The fact Stevie G want to keep hold of Windass already has me questioning his ability as a manager. The guy is an absolute farce of a footballer and is nowhere near Rangers class.

Not to mention the absolute embarrassment he is on social media.  

Fuck up

43 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Read today he’s keeping Windass and Tavernier. 

Needs to tell them to get a grip and try turn them into winners. They’re football ability isn’t really in question. It’s their mentality that needs changed. 

I'm hoping that having a winner like Gerrard around will make them realise they haven't made it just because they get paid to play football. 

10 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

OP getting slated for stating the obvious 

I guess because SG says is ok to keep him ,then he is beyond criticism .fuck that 

The guy will never be picking up a winners medal .No matter how many good players are playing around him 

Maybe we should just keep all the losers that have been here last 3/4 years 

Last seasons thrashings were just a dream 

And I include Tav in there 

I honestly think some people are thinking SG is going to turn these 2 into players 

Won't happen and a major error if SG thinks he can 

But what do I know 

We can't get rid of absolutely everybody in one go 

A huge part of football management is being able to manage people. Be that massaging their egos or kicking their ass if they ain't doing what's required. 

Time will tell what sort of man manager Mr Gerrard is.

Windass is frustrating at times no doubt about it. Im hoping we see him put a shift in EVERY game he plays in next season and the same goal return will be very welcome.

22 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We can't get rid of absolutely everybody in one go 

True but I honestly hate the guys that have been there for years 

I'm not forgergetting their no show pussy performances ,just because SG may want to keep them 

Many younger bears may be more forgiving or forgetful 

I was brought up watching winners 

These 2 are no where near being winners 

Just now, eejay the dj said:

True but I honestly hate the guys that have been there for years 

I'm not forgergetting their no show pussy performances ,just because SG may want to keep them 

Many younger bears may be more forgiving or forgetful 

I was brought up watching winners 

These 2 are no where near being winners 

I hate them all too, but i'm willing to keep the better of the horrific bunch for another transfer window if we can dump off the likes of Halliday, MOH, Cardoso etc

If he stays then he should be nowhere near the midfield, and if he is not playing well hopefully he will get subbed as the last 2 managers have left him on and moved him about rather than subbing him.

TBH I would have thought he had used up all his chances with us.

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I hate them all too, but i'm willing to keep the better of the horrific bunch for another transfer window if we can dump off the likes of Halliday, MOH, Cardoso etc

That's fair point mate 

yeah plenty of dross to be removed first 

I just hope these 2 aren't around when the massive/pivotal games come around next years 

There is absolutely no way I'm forgiving any of the tossers that were on the pitch in the 1-5 ,4-0 and 5-0 demolitions 

No chance 

Although I'm not a fan of Windass, nor Tavernier (on his defending skills) we are going to be bare bones of a squad if we get rid of those two immediately and can't replace them. I've just had a look through our current (starting) squad and the ones I think will definitely stay are McGregor,  One of Foderingham OR Alnwick, John, Tavernier, Wallace, Windass, Ross McCrorie, Jack, Dorrans, Rossiter, Morelos, Candeias, Murphy, Alves, Arfield, Docherty, which is 16 first team possibles.

That leaves the youngsters; Liam Kelly, Robbie McCrory, Barjonas, Burt, Atakayi, Wilson, Beerman,  and Glenn Middleton for emergencies that possibly could step up depending on improvement.

The unknown factor and what do we do with them bracket would include Forrester, Hardie, Cardoso, Halliday, Dodoo, Herrera, Hodson, Holt, and Father Ted O'H. who would be unlikely to get anywhere near a place in the squad, never mind a start; and that's a lot of fucking deadwood to get shifted for one reason or another, and that's not even counting Peña . :headwall: