VAR in the SPL?

10 minutes ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Half these refs looking at VAR come from far flung countries where they don’t even have TVs it’s no wonder it’s not fucking working.

Every cunt in the world has TV. 

Used to look at news reports of the likes of the Kurds being isolated in Turkey without any kind of supplies or outside help, no food, medical resources, even water, and the same in the poorest countries in Africa and Asia, yet there would always be a TV aerial on the tents and a wee guy wearing a Man United shirt........................and nowadays a mobile phone. 

There's even poor wee children in the backstreets  of Thailand being exploited to sing songs about dead Scottish lawyers on TV or videos on youtube. 

1 minute ago, big blue Fin said:

Get yersel to specsavers?

I see them all and they are awful. Nothing wrong with my eye sight or mindset. The ref's have given us plenty wrong decisions in our favour this season too but people don't acknowledge them.

Beaton at Ibrox against Hibs start of the season was probably the worst refeering decision I've ever seen. That might have been corruption and cheating but if it was it's one game and not widespread as far as I can see. 

Scottish Football Association to discuss using VAR

Video Assistant Referees (VAR) have been used in England this season

The Scottish Football Association will set up talks on the introduction of Video Assistant Referees (VAR) in the domestic game.

The SFA added its vote to a unanimous decision to approve the system on a permanent basis at the International Football Association Board's annual general meeting on Saturday.

VAR has been trialled in a number of countries including England, where its use has caused some controversy in FA Cup ties.

The SFA will now discuss its implementation in Scotland with member clubs and other stakeholders, including the Scottish Professional Football League.

An SFA statement read: "We are open to any technology that would help deliver as a matter of fact. Over the course of this IFAB-approved extensive study, VAR has been proven to aid match officials in the decision-making process.

"It is something we would be happy to embrace and support if there was a widespread appetite from our member clubs to do so and if it proved affordable to implement.

"That is something we will look to discuss with the key stakeholders in our domestic game, through the Professional Game Board in the first instance.

Image:VAR could eventually be used at grounds like Motherwell's Fir Park

"Our decision to vote in favour of VAR was not taken lightly, but after lengthy research we are confident it is a move that is in the best interests of the game."

John Fleming, head of referee operations at the SFA, has thrown his weight behind the project.

"Having been involved in many discussions over the past three seasons, I am totally in favour of this momentous decision by IFAB regarding the implementation of VAR into the world of football," he said.

"It is now up to member associations and respective competition organisers within football to decide whether they wish to apply to IFAB and introduce that technology into their competitions.

This was only a few months ago this Sky Sports article.

I'm on the fence me personally. The Portugal game was a farce, but you look some decisions in big games in our league, like the penalty given to the sheep shaggers against us at the end of the season was a dreadful call by the ref. Amongst other incidents. The scum get away with murder a good few times and lego muncher broon gets protected too much. This league's corrupt to fuck!

16 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I see them all and they are awful. Nothing wrong with my eye sight or mindset. The ref's have given us plenty wrong decisions in our favour this season too but people don't acknowledge them.

Beaton at Ibrox against Hibs start of the season was probably the worst refeering decision I've ever seen. That might have been corruption and cheating but if it was it's one game and not widespread as far as I can see. 

Was it just unlucky coincidence then how decisions like the carding of Halliday for attempting to incite a riot by punching the air after scoring, Oduwa being castigated for his Neymar moment, a Gers  player having red cards dished out and later rescinded twice in quick succession , as well as the Hibs thuggery going unpunished , and most of the Hibs fanbase being let off the hook for invading the park and assaulting players and officials happened to us, yet no similar instances with other clubs ?

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Was it just unlucky coincidence then how decisions like the carding of Halliday for attempting to incite a riot by punching the air after scoring, Oduwa being castigated for his Neymar moment, a Gers  player having red cards dished out and later rescinded twice in quick succession , as well as the Hibs thuggery going unpunished , and most of the Hibs fanbase being let off the hook for invading the park and assaulting players and officials happened ?

No. Just absolutely howling referee performances and decisions. I'll tell you what, next season I'll keep a list of dubious decisions we get and we can compare the end of the season. A few months back someone did the same on here and there was loads of dubious calls we got ourselves.

I know I'm in a minority on this so not looking for an argument but you can't make me see something I don't think's there.

The last bit about Hibs is fuck-all to do with the ref's and everything to do with Rangers-hating football governing bodies and establishments including the Scottish Government, Police Scotland and lying reporters for the Daily Record too. The evidence of corruption for those bodies and beyond is absolutely frightening what's been stacked and levvied against us. 

42 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

It’s inevitable and would be good for the game, good for us!

How would it be good for us? We've seen the bad side of VAR tonight. Ridiculous decisions being made left right & center. We get fuck all and that will not change. If ref's at the world cup with the eyes of the watching world on them can fuck it up, then the SPL ref's are also certs to fuck it up. We've had the old "Move along, nothing to see here" shit for years now, VAR ain't changing that any time soon.

given that we cant afford goal line technology, full-time referees or training to  improve referee standards........var is simply out of this world....and out of our price range.

why are we even debating this ???????????????????????????????

I'm pro VAR. It was never going to be 100% accurate because it's impossible. Many decisions are subjective decisions where all studio pundits will have a different opinion on is it or is it not a foul. But I think it's clearly reduced the number of incorrect calls and you can't just point at one or two exceptions and say that's proves it doesn't work

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'd say his performances are definitely questionable when we are playing. I don't believe he's alone though.

VAR in the SPL has the potential to be a funny sketch or two on OAE on Hogmanay.

In spite of having about five months to write and record some funny sketches Jonathan Watson will miss this completely and have two sketches about SAF nearly dying and McAvennie and Denis Law coming up to see him in hospital instead.