Russian tourist Visa's if we play UFA.

K.A.I

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Thought it might be useful to make a thread for anyone travelling to this game (should we both progress and make it through to play each other)

I've been looking a lot today and trying to find out best way to do it. Does anyone have any solid advice and help doing it?

I know the Visa costs are done in 3 segements (Visa processing cost, service charge and letter of invitation cost) ... the letter of invitation is something you need an affiliated organisation or the hotel to stamp for you which is part of the Visa process/application. Seems to come in at about £140 for normal service and £200 for 1-day fast track service.

When we played CSKA Moscow in 2004 the Rangers/official trip sorted this side of things and when we played Dyanmo Moscow in 2002 my Dad was working out there at the time as a supervisor and sorted it out for me so I didn't have to do very much - plus a lot of the process changed in 2014 anyway so a lot of the process won't be applicable anymore anyway.

Doing the form online most of it is pretty bog-standard stuff, but there's 2 questions a lot of us will have difficulty with - one of which is documenting the old passports you've had and their numbers and details ... this is especially difficult as you are encouraged by the UK Home Office/Passport Office to destory your old passport upon receipt of your new one and also it wants you to list the countries you've been to in the last 10 years along with the dates ... at a guess I've probably been to about 30 countries in the last 10 years maybe and a lot of them more than once, how are you meant to remember all that? anyone that's done this found a way around this?

There's agencies that do it all for you for a fee that can cut through a lot of this red tape - but would need to find the best one - any suggestions? 

Also apparently once you have the form filled out and documentation in tact, you go upto the Russian office in Edinburgh and apply that day without an appointment? is this true? 

This sounds like something the SLO should investigate and then put the info on the club website.

It's easy,

Just go up to passport control and whisper "i am US CIA and I need to pass some really good shit to Putin but I am hiding in this Rangers top to kid on I am a supporter. Once the game is finished I will drop my shit in the dead drop (you know where wink, wink) and we will not see each other for a while".

You're in.

Why you all doing paperwork and shit?

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

To follow the team mate. It's obvious.

I enjoy it. Cost doesn't cross my mind when it comes to booking somewhere like Russia - you will always get a chance to make more money, but never get another chance to go to this game ... in fact we will probably never even play this UFA team ever again.

I can always do over-time in work and reclaim the cost - I won't get a time machine as easily.

Brilliant

5 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

|I remember all those who had already booked trips to Cyprus last year.

People have pre-booked both osijek and maribor. They do it as it's probably saved them around 300 or 400 quid. I personally wouldn't do it but I know some who got maribor for 130 and I know some who've now paid 420 to go

7 hours ago, K.A.I said:

To follow the team mate. It's obvious.

I enjoy it. Cost doesn't cross my mind when it comes to booking somewhere like Russia - you will always get a chance to make more money, but never get another chance to go to this game ... in fact we will probably never even play this UFA team ever again.

I can always do over-time in work and reclaim the cost - I won't get a time machine as easily.

Well said mate 

Always said you were a great poster

Now I know you are an outstanding supporter 

Well most of the time eh?

8 hours ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

|I remember all those who had already booked trips to Cyprus last year.

No-one's booking this as a gamble ... would be insane ... but it helps to know the Visa stuff and getting all your ducks in line because there won't be a lot of time to sort things between ties should be get there.

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

No-one's booking this as a gamble ... would be insane ... but it helps to know the Visa stuff and getting all your ducks in line because there won't be a lot of time to sort things between ties should be get there.

If we don't go through, do you just go over anyway for a short break mate?

2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Certainly true in this case.

19 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Thought it might be useful to make a thread for anyone travelling to this game (should we both progress and make it through to play each other)

I've been looking a lot today and trying to find out best way to do it. Does anyone have any solid advice and help doing it?

I know the Visa costs are done in 3 segements (Visa processing cost, service charge and letter of invitation cost) ... the letter of invitation is something you need an affiliated organisation or the hotel to stamp for you which is part of the Visa process/application. Seems to come in at about £140 for normal service and £200 for 1-day fast track service.

When we played CSKA Moscow in 2004 the Rangers/official trip sorted this side of things and when we played Dyanmo Moscow in 2002 my Dad was working out there at the time as a supervisor and sorted it out for me so I didn't have to do very much - plus a lot of the process changed in 2014 anyway so a lot of the process won't be applicable anymore anyway.

Doing the form online most of it is pretty bog-standard stuff, but there's 2 questions a lot of us will have difficulty with - one of which is documenting the old passports you've had and their numbers and details ... this is especially difficult as you are encouraged by the UK Home Office/Passport Office to destory your old passport upon receipt of your new one and also it wants you to list the countries you've been to in the last 10 years along with the dates ... at a guess I've probably been to about 30 countries in the last 10 years maybe and a lot of them more than once, how are you meant to remember all that? anyone that's done this found a way around this?

There's agencies that do it all for you for a fee that can cut through a lot of this red tape - but would need to find the best one - any suggestions? 

Also apparently once you have the form filled out and documentation in tact, you go upto the Russian office in Edinburgh and apply that day without an appointment? is this true? 

Spoke to one of the guys in my work who supports them and goes to virtually every away game and was in St Petersburg last year. He said that you do need to go to Edinburgh but not sure about the appointment.

He said he just winged the 10 year last 10 years of flights on his application and wasn't an issue.

9 minutes ago, King_gazza said:

Spoke to one of the guys in my work who supports them and goes to virtually every away game and was in St Petersburg last year. He said that you do need to go to Edinburgh but not sure about the appointment.

He said he just winged the 10 year last 10 years of flights on his application and wasn't an issue.

Thanks. A couple of folk have said that to me now. Just worried incase I attempt the dates, they don't match and they scan your VISA/Passport and it comes up the places you've been and the dates and it doesn't match any biometric data you've declared ... I really don't see how it would be a problem, the Visa doesn't appear to me to have any info on it about your trips or anything, but there might be a chip they scan that tells you or something.

16 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Do you take the passport photo with you to the consulate and they put it onto your Visa if they see fit? also what about the countries you've visited last ten years on the web application form to be sent to the consulate - what did you put? 

I went to Moscow last December for work, I only put down the countries that had stamped my passport. 

Fuck writing out all the countries for the last 10 year. They’re none the wiser and when I visited the consulate they didn’t even bother to check. I had to get my fingerprints scanned and hand over my documents.

Edit - I went to the London consulate as it’s closest one to me. Wouldn’t imagine Edinburgh to be any different.

Just now, K.A.I said:

Thanks. A couple of folk have said that to me now. Just worried incase I attempt the dates, they don't match and they scan your VISA/Passport and it comes up the places you've been and the dates and it doesn't match any biometric data you've declared ... I really don't see how it would be a problem, the Visa doesn't appear to me to have any info on it about your trips or anything, but there might be a chip they scan that tells you or something.

No worries mate. Yeah shouldn't be a problem it must be hard for football fans who go to a lot of away games over the course of 10 years to remember all the specific dates, I think if they are roughly right then wouldn't be much of a problem.

He also said if you go to Edinburgh then you'll need the day off work as it takes ages to get your Visa, they had to give him extra sheets to fill in his flight history :lol:

Have got Russian visas before down here with relatively little trouble.  Just make sure you have your invitation sorted. 

By all means make a week of it and go to Moscow.  Just be wary of Red Square - they're big fans of Lennon still...

5 minutes ago, rfclondon said:

Have got Russian visas before down here with relatively little trouble.  Just make sure you have your invitation sorted. 

By all means make a week of it and go to Moscow.  Just be wary of Red Square - they're big fans of Lennon still...

Can't do a week due to work etc but I'm glad that's more people saying it's relatively easy. Thanks.

Also a general question, does anyone know how I can find my national insurance number? I used to have P60's etc in the drawer in the kitchen but no idea where they've went. I've checked my wageslips online and there's no mention of it on there even on my deductions page. I need it for a Visa but no idea how to get it. 

6 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Tarrier cunt in my work that went when they played Zenit just gave them the countries stamped in his passport and was fine mate 

15 hours ago, K.A.I said:

Can't do a week due to work etc but I'm glad that's more people saying it's relatively easy. Thanks.

Also a general question, does anyone know how I can find my national insurance number? I used to have P60's etc in the drawer in the kitchen but no idea where they've went. I've checked my wageslips online and there's no mention of it on there even on my deductions page. I need it for a Visa but no idea how to get it. 

Ask your employer or phone the NI helpline but it takes up to 15 days from them (I used to work in EK tax office)

On 07/08/2018 at 20:56, The Dude said:

I hope those those responsible are punished as severely as possible and forced to return to Stonehaven for a day at the beach. 

In fairness there is a good ice cream shop.

it also sells ice cream for dogs.  Which is odd.