Do you believe we’ll win the league this year?

graeme_4

Do you believe we’ll win the league this year?  

299 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe we’ll win the league this year?

We've got a real football man in now so yes we are winning it this year, past couple of seasons we stood still but now with every passing game we are getting stronger, the force is strong in this one as yoda once said, let's go and batter the darkside. 

Before the start of the season, I thought 2nd with a cup. Building the foundations and spine of a new sqaud, then going full steam ahead next season to take the title.

Now I believe we can do it this year. The sqaud has settled much quicker than anyone could have expected and you can see how motivated they are under the gaffer. We also have more depth than I've seen in years.

It's early days but I believe we can do 55 if we continue to maintain the levels Gerrard demands.

7 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

why would they push him? who can they realistically get to replace him that would improve them from a mangerial perspective? Every one of their managers who has left recently has done so due to budgeting issues, it's what they do. They saved while we were away, spent when we came back and now seem to be holding back the cash again.

They will be presented with an ultimatum eventually and i think they will see that if Gerrard stays with us we will only get stronger while they weaken if the tranny shagger goes.

You kinda answer your own question there, he demanded more money for new signings in the summer after losing key players and they didn't give him it after his diabolical transfer dealings. They seemingly don't trust him with money. That said they did back him with 9million for the boy who has had 3 shots at goal this season.

I Have noted over the years that you learn a lot about the success or failure of a football manager by the trend of his performances. 

Often you hear “he needs time” but there is literally no improvement from game to game and after 6 or 7 games you can tell it’s not going to get better (Caixinha)

sometimes, you get a new manager bounce where immediately the performances improve but then over time there is no upward trajectory and ultimately the decline kicks in (Warburton)

when you have a good manager you see an upward trend, you get better with each game, with or without a spike in performance to start it off. 

We have a good management. The uptick in our performance was immediate, the trend is improving, momentum is building, belief is growing, morale is high.

yes I believe we can win it this season

Just now, plumbGER said:

You kinda answer your own question there, he demanded more money for new signings in the summer after losing key players and they didn't give him it after his diabolical transfer dealings. They seemingly don't trust him with money. That said they did back him with 9million for the boy who has had 3 shots at goal this season.

he demanded more money but never said he's walking - if he does that i think they'd pony up a bit more.

start of season thought 2nd was a shoe in, now feel if we continue to respond to the managers demands it is achievable.

We need to lay a marker on them the next game, if we don't, this question will not be raised anytime soon after it

7 minutes ago, Jb85 said:

I actually think we’ve kept money back for January. What did we spend? Around £6m? If that’s the case then definitely got some money to buy in January imo. 

if you mean we'll get more loans then you may be right.

40 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm still thinking no. The scum will strengthen again in January with loans for fear of brenda walking, i can't imagine we'll have any money to spend and a few injuries could see us fucked.

Hope i'm wrong but it's still too early for me to realistically believe we can do it this season.

I actually hope they give him money in January. He will waste it. 

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

he demanded more money but never said he's walking - if he does that i think they'd pony up a bit more.

Would be a bit foolish of him to come out and say that to the press though. He made his feelings clear on more than one occasion in public so who knows what he is saying behind closed doors. I think they are backing him into a corner with this because they don't want to fork out big money to pay him off, I really do.

Still at the hope more than belief stage.

Most signings have worked out, we have more strength in depth, they're in a bit of turmoil. But it's still early days, we know what they can do if they get a head of steam, and I reckon they'll spend big in January. I also fear if we were to get a few injuries now to key players ie Morelos & Lafferty, or Coulibaly - up front we have little cover, for the big destroyer we have no one else near as good at doing what he does.

I'm more than happy with the progress, I just want us to focus on the short term, if we do we'll be in a good place for a huge game against them. We keep winning til then and get at least a draw, then I'll believe.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

No we need better in the middle and a striker beating Dundee and St Johnstone seems to have addled posters brains. We were still hopeless against the filth and dire against Motherwell.    

I'd love to be wrong. 

Seen to be missing a huge resuly in between dundee and st johnstone here mate

I believe we can yes.

Do I believe we will? I'm unsure at this point therefore I wouldn't be betting vast sums of money on it.

A lot depends on them I think. If the collapse steadily continues then they will punt the tranny pumper, get Lennon in, strengthen big time in January and .................................

Nah fuck em, we are winning 55.  :UK:

Believing whether we can is obvious, it's still not quite there for me in terms of believing we will.

That could change in time, but it is far too early, and there is so much more to be played.

celtic dropping points is great and all, especially to the likes of Kilmarnock and St Mirren, but I'll be a believer once we are the ones to beat them.

We ourselves still have some tough fixtures, and after the last few years of false hope, I'm not believing until we do more than beat St Johnstone and Dundee.

Had we beat Aberdeen and Motherwell away, I'd have a different feeling.

2 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

I think we can match the results they get against other teams but that will count for nothing until we start taking point off them.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Have to take points off them

We need to be beat the rest of the teams in the league consistently.

Don't get me wrong I want like anyone to be smashing the taigs

But in our last league title win we only managed 4 points from 12 in the old firm.