Candeias Red Card

Bakbear

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

This is entirely accurate. 

I actually used to appreciate BP9’s contrariness but over the years he just became less and less coherent and considered and turned into a total troll who refuses to engage. 

I think it may be a result of his arguments slowly being shown up to be lacking substance and the last bastion of the mistaken is steadfast denial. 

You make him sound almost as twisted as @thehost, then again at least @thehost doesn't vote snp.

If you watch Morelos' goal celebration you will see Collum right beside him making sure he didn't go to the crowd.

Any suggestion that he saw anything relating to Candeias is either a downright lie or a deliberate attempt at deflection. 

After the game I fully expected there to be a public slaying of the decision and the initial aftermath saw that, including on Sportscene. However, the trotting out of the offended St Mirren goalie to cry about us scoring against them and how it hurt their feelings for DC to rub it in has created a narrative that the red card was somehow justified and that Collum is some kind of refereeing genius to have spotted the brutally vindictive "ssshhhh". The same refereeing genius who, whilst ACTUALLY watching, missed Ferdinand's actions against a totally passive DC.

Along with some of the Ryan Jack incidents from last year and Andy Halliday being sent off for gesturing with a clenched fist to our supporters after we scored, this was one of the most ridiculous, twisted and blatantly bias decisions I've seen in quite some time.

And refs in Scotland have to go some to make me doubt them. But this was so, so blatant. 

I think the Club has missed a trick here. There was such an opportunity to condemn fans, inc ours, who throw missiles, whilst praising Morelos for not making more of it than there was. And a massive opportunity to expose the ridiculous nature of what happened with DC.

2 hours ago, WATPWATP said:

Rangers have asked Collum to explain his reasons for sending him off,they're still waiting.

I hope that they have.

But, they could be waiting some time for an answer that is remotely believable, if indeed they ever get one..

5 hours ago, WATPWATP said:

Rangers have asked Collum to explain his reasons for sending him off,they're still waiting.

I assume you mean after the game finished. I'd be very surprised if we hadn't went to the Refereeing supervisor first thing Monday morning.

5 minutes ago, soulboy said:

A Bein sports journalist has said it's a career ender  for Collum but it doesn't say whether it's his opinion or he has inside information.

I am sure that is just opinion. 

It will have not the slightest affect on his career. In isolation it is a meaningless, albeit egregious, mistake 

1 hour ago, soulboy said:

Sadly mate . Poor Derek doesn't realise who is running the game up here

He is more like to get every cup final involving the scum and us for the next 10 years after decisions like last weeks

3 hours ago, jintybear said:
5 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Wait and see the shit storm if he referees Galatasary to the same standard as we've experienced.

:popcorn:

He won't. There's no agenda against them.

There's no way he's going to be booking a player for simply celebrating a goal for his team. If he refs a euro game the way he handled our game with his petty,  self indulgent shite he will not be on UEFA's main list for long.

From the DR:

Rangers have appealed against the controversial second yellow card dished out to Daniel Candeias against St Mirren.

The Ibrox club have asked the SFA for a hearing and their request has been granted. Even though there is no mechanism to overturn a second yellow, Gers will get the chance to outline their case.

And ref Willie Collum will have to explain why he handed Candeias a second booking in the wake of Rangers’ second goal in the 2-0 win.

Good. Let's see how Gollum tries to worm his way out of this. No doubt we'll be told the yellow can't be overturned

32 minutes ago, Amato said:

From the DR:

Rangers have appealed against the controversial second yellow card dished out to Daniel Candeias against St Mirren.

The Ibrox club have asked the SFA for a hearing and their request has been granted. Even though there is no mechanism to overturn a second yellow, Gers will get the chance to outline their case.

And ref Willie Collum will have to explain why he handed Candeias a second booking in the wake of Rangers’ second goal in the 2-0 win.

Good. Let's see how Gollum tries to worm his way out of this. No doubt we'll be told the yellow can't be overturned

It won't be overturned but I'm glad we are going to complain about how shite he is anyway 

21 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Good first step, we just need to keep the pressure on them going forward. 

Creating the level of accountability regarding controversial decisions against us which has been amiss of late can only be a positive...

Archived