Candeias Red Card

Bakbear

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently the SFA have come to a conlusion and have made a decision but won't reveal it until tomorrow.

I will be very surprised if they push their poster boy under the bus. Scotlands champions league standard ref! (No laughing at the back now!)

I imagine, not mistaken identity, he knew it was Candeias and he has told the SFA he booked him for same reasons the keeper gave! 

Sweep sweep.

7 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Appeal turned down apparently ?

SPFL and the SFA need to have a hard look at both the rule book and their refereeing standards. Joke decision. 

Where did you hear this ? 

11 minutes ago, whatnobeer said:

Appeal turned down apparently ?

SPFL and the SFA need to have a hard look at both the rule book and their refereeing standards. Joke decision. 

It was always getting turned down as it was neither simulation nor mistaken identity.

Am I right in thinking whatever the result of the appeal collum will have to explain his decision? Should be interesting if that’s the case and I imagine that’s the only reason we’ve appealed to see exactly what he’s going to say and how he’s going to try and work his way out of it.

2 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

Getting booked for celebrating with the crowd, taking your shirt off, gloating in front of rival players. 

Soon you'll be better off walking back to your own half and not even smiling after you've scored a goal! 

His second booking was given because Anton Ferdinand chinned him.  I’ve honestly. Never seen such a poor yellow card given. 

Raging Rangers are staggered by the decision not to overturn Willie Collum's original decision.

06:00, 8 NOV 2018

Rangers are set to take the SFA to task after their appeal against a red card for Daniel Candeias was dismissed.

The Ibrox club are ready to push for a change in the rules that would allow for a challenge to an ordering off after two yellow cards.

Rangers are fuming after the winger was sent off in injury time in Saturday’s 2-0 victory over St Mirren.

It’s believed ref Willie Collum flashed a second yellow for an altercation with Buddies defender Anton Ferdinand but TV pictures appeared to show Candeias was innocent.

Rangers boss Steven Gerrard vows to protect his players from racist abuse in Moscow

But it’s understood the ref may have pointed to Candeias’ gestures towards Ferdinand seconds after Alfredo Morelos scored the second as justification.

That point of view has staggered Rangers as TV evidence suggests Collum’s back was turned to Candeias at the time.

Rangers believe there was no communication from his assistants or fourth officials alerting him to any gestures.

Gers took the unusual decision to approach the SFA on behalf of Candeias, citing a case of mistaken identity with Ferdinand.

It’s one of two routes to appeal a yellow – the other is simulation – and while Gers lost on a technicality, they will not let it lie.

They’re keen to push for a rule change that allows appeals to be heard against yellow cards that lead to a sending off and believe they’ve shone a light on an area that needs reform, as well as Collum’s display.

The SFA will inform Gers today of their decision.

Ibrox gaffer Steven Gerrard said: “I hope it’s (mistaken identity) because it wasn’t a yellow card.”

Even if it is unsuccessful we should still be raising concerns about gollums suitability to be refereeing our games in future. The reason for the yellow card should be made public. Also, if Candeias gets a yellow for that did anyone see Arnautovic's reaction when he scored against Burnley - gave the Burnley defender pelters, and yet didn't get booked. Odd that.

12 minutes ago, rfc1990 said:

Getting booked for celebrating with the crowd, taking your shirt off, gloating in front of rival players. 

Soon you'll be better off walking back to your own half and not even smiling after you've scored a goal! 

Marco Negri was way ahead of his time. 

1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

Am I right in thinking whatever the result of the appeal collum will have to explain his decision? Should be interesting if that’s the case and I imagine that’s the only reason we’ve appealed to see exactly what he’s going to say and how he’s going to try and work his way out of it.

He may have to explain himself but he will just make something up, he will have had a few weeks to think about it and he will make something fit. Its time they were made to explain themselves straight after games.

47 minutes ago, scotty1976 said:

Let’s accept it and move on......and then let’s see how many more bookings this sorry excuse for a referee gives for the same thing when it’s other clubs involved. 

We now have pretty much nae wingers for the weekend game.

I expect Rangers to go to town over this

2 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

I think that was actually the main motivation; our only appeal could be on mistaken identity and we were never going to win on that basis...but would love to hear how a referee can justify a booking where TV evidence shows him looking away from the incident??? If we can get that on record then it just makes a mockery of the SFA!

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Can't really do anything about the suspension but we should be pushing the SFA to change the rules on yellow cards. You should be allowed to appeal a yellow in the case of an obvious refereeing mistake.

The SFA have just said he didn’t make an obvious mistake by backing him, so what difference would a rule change make. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The SFA have just said he didn’t make an obvious mistake by backing him, so what difference would a rule change make. 

Where have they said that?

All I've read is our appeal was rejected because we had no grounds to appeal. We claimed 'mistaken identity' which is obviously not the case.

Archived