***The Official Spartak Moscow v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Shut you absolute tit

Head in the sand loyal, just got beat off a team in turmoil that couldn’t play football 2 weeks ago or in any of their games since and couldn’t defend but I’m apparently a fenian for pointing out some negatives  

Away and wank over a picture of Gerrard while us realists continue to worry about how wank we actually are as a football team 

peado 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fuck sake. Match threads are a fucking shambles when we lose. 

Shouldn't of lost that. Poor defending, yes, but the Goldson OG was a stupid individual mistake. The huge deflection to put them ahead. We had a great goal ruled out when it shouldn't have been too. 4-2 at the break and we win that. 

Main thing that cost us was Flannigan being generally shite, too many slack passes out from defence and not closing down quick enough on the edge of the box. Our counter attacking is great when those first couple of passes get off quickly and accurately but when the don't (which was way too often tonight) we leave ourselves in a lot of trouble. 

Yes, Moscow weren't great but they have some great players. Look at how easily the moved the ball around. Only some of that is our midfield not being up to it. They're no mugs. 

Fine margins and we fell on the wrong side today, not helped by the ref or by our defending. 

Gerrard got most of it right. 

Just now, gogzy said:

There were a couple moments like that.  I think we were really unlucky to walk away without a point, even considering how bad we were in defence.

A few different choices made in the game, along with that chalked off goal, and we walk away with three points.

There was not a lot in that game.

Hurts a lot because we were very good value for a point mate

Need to go to Vienna and win now

Plenty of improvements to make at our side of course.  However, a balanced view will tell you we deserved at least a point and the linesman almost definitely cost us all three.  Very frustrating night.. Gerrard shouldn't shoulder too much of the blame, our tactics worked and there wasn't much on the bench.

Villarreal at home is going to be tough, we will need to beat Vienna to qualify but I think we can do it.

If anything, that's a harsh lesson learned for the team and Gerrard.

Europe is a whole different kettle of fish to the SPFL.

Although we concede sloppy goals in Scotland we get away with a good few as well.

Tonight showed if we're not 100% on our game we'll be punished.

Regret having a go at the team but tonight was absolutely gutting and a reality check.

Overall a horrendous performance. Didn't deserve anything from the game.

• Flanagan shouldn't play LB ever again.
  • Ejaria & Coulibaly both need dropped.
  • In domestic games we don't need 3 CMs. 
  • Worrall >>> Katic.

A few things learnt. 

Just now, gogzy said:

There were a couple moments like that.  I think we were really unlucky to walk away without a point, even considering how bad we were in defence.

A few different choices made in the game, along with that chalked off goal, and we walk away with three points.

There was not a lot in that game.

Agree. Some will have you believe we were pish and they were amazing, though. We were unlucky tonight. 

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

To be fair, apart from that ( hugely important) one mistake, I think he done well.  Didn't fall for many of the Spartak cheating.

There are plenty of worse refs in europe. I certainly dont point the finger at him at all. Like you i thought he was very fair & no way he was the reason we lost. Plenty others on the park were to blame .

4 minutes ago, gogzy said:

To be fair, apart from that ( hugely important) one mistake, I think he done well.  Didn't fall for many of the Spartak cheating.

I agree 

but going up 4-2 is huge in Europe . 

Terrible / costly decision. 

3 minutes ago, pcbear said:

4 - 2 and we are winning this, not our best performance by done by officials.

Mate the way we played tonight especially at the back and in the middle we would have fucked it officials or not.that was a piss poor Russian side and we only got a point off them in two games.

Just now, kaiser1041 said:

The boys have been fantastic in Europe for us yet cunts are this angry at one defeat couple years ago we wee losing the ramsdens cup ffs

I still think we’ll beat Rapid and get at least a point of Villarreal. 

Who’d have thought that would been a possibility 3 or 4 years ago?

Just now, Ibroxric72 said:

Unbelievably we’re still in good position to qualify. Can’t see it though.

After that tonight . I will take what comes in this tournament .

The league is priority . the scum will go out tonight . So it's all about the league campaign for me now 

Flanagan should not play for us again. He has the turning circle of the QE2 and has it's first touch too. He was at fault for 3 of the goals due to starting position. Gerrard has to take the blame too. He should have hooked him in the first half...

Archived