The League

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Until we get some sort of grip in midfield then it’s going to be a hard slog. 

I know we are light up front but getting some quality in the middle must be priority 

No question that has to be the focus come January. Rumour was 2 midfielders to be brought in. 

Until then we have to work with what we have.

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

While I agree, the first thing Stevie said was it was obvious where our major problem was but our defence is still our major problem. 

Defence needs to get back to basics and that's defend first and foremost and just clear the ball. I think they are trying to evolve their game but they just need to stick to doing the basics well. Hopefully they will get a bollocking and screw the lid.

Having a look at the fixtures there. After the Motherwell game we have 6 days until the Livingston game then it’s 2 games a week solid until the break. 

We have 11 fixtures in 30 odd days including Villarreal, rapid, hearts, hibs twice, sheep and the bheasts.

Our squad will be shagged half way through that fixture list. 

December really is a make or break month. 

2 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Having a look at the fixtures there. After the Motherwell game we have 6 days until the Livingston game then it’s 2 games solid until the break. 

We have 11 fixtures in 30 odd days including Villarreal, rapid, hearts, hibs twice, sheep and the bheasts.

Our squad will be shagged half way through that fixture list. 

December really is a make or break month. 

Jesus, seeing as our squad is going to be "shagged" then I reckon its break. 

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Jesus, seeing as our squad is going to be "shagged" then I reckon its break. 

It’s a cunt of a schedule 

i really hope we just go on a winning run and grind out the results but I don’t think we have the players or the mentality for it. 

We need to match the tarriers results and go into the OF game in contention, maybe even the possibility of going above them in the league, which will more than likely mean top spot.

keep in contention, sign some quality in January and you never know 

4 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Realistically we will be fighting for second and very lucky to get a cup, hate too think about OF games.

Europe was a flattering distraction, now that looks over.

We are not a team with any cohesion, no understanding between players, not enough magic, our ability to actually control a game is zilch, we still haven’t learned how to get in behind a stubborn defence and I doubt we have the players to do it.

Our boss is still wet behind the ears as a manager 

I would love too think the boss can get things right but I honestly can’t see it happening this season.

Is it ok to just say fuck off for tonight?

Incidentally folk, possibly like, you were saying that we’d never get near the group stages.....

4 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

We'll drop at least 10 points before we play the filth at Ibrox. By then they will have the league done and dusted yet again and we'll be fighting it out for second with Hearts and Hibs.

I’ve got a feeling it will be double digit gap before the OF game and they will effectively have the league finished by the break. 

I live in hope, but our squad just isn’t big enough or good enough to cope with the amount of games 

9 hours ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

4 points behind the nappy rippers and 1 point behind in Europa League, Scottish cup doesn't start till after new year, woe is me.

Exactly, some folk are already throwing in the towel ffs. Looking at the league, we are in a decent position if we can see it through till the new year, and then strengthen player wise. Everyone in our league has been inconsistent, including those above us. Still a long long way to go. We are only 4 months into the season, and with a new manager and new team, some folks expect miracles overnight and that just doesn't happen in the real world.

I tell you what. Sometimes this place would make you tan your wrists after a bad result.

we were crap everywhere but upfront and goalie position, I don’t see any need in delvingdeeper and deeper in tactics formations selections etc.  Gerrard will either succeed or he won’t and he’ll be another one the failures list. 

Theres no doubt improvements to be made as a whole but I’m going to see what we’re like in February after another window. Give him chance to get a few better players in and if it still doesn’t work then fine.  It’s hard bringing a winning mentality to a bunch of losers. His biggest mistake so far is keeping tavernier as captain. There’s a few others but I’d rather wait and see if he corrects them.

a lot of fans want Gerrard gone but     will not come up with a reasonable  replacement.

Sunday is going to be very tough. Motherwell will sit deep, slow the game at every opportunity. The fans will get frustrated and the players will go through the motions.

Our squad don't have the players to cope with that. They don't have the ability or the desire. Eventually one of the liabilities will make a school boy error and we'll drop more points.

12 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

While I agree, the first thing Stevie said was it was obvious where our major problem was but our defence is still our major problem. 

There was a part last night when Flanagan had ball and instead of kicking it up the line with his left, he passed inside to Goldson. Goldson  could clear with left but passed with right to Katic, Katic has chance to clear with left but just kicks ball out for a throw with his right.

It’s under 9 level football.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There was a part last night when Flanagan had ball and instead of kicking it up the line with his left, he passed inside to Goldson. Goldson  could clear with left but passed with right to Katic, Katic has chance to clear with left but just kicks ball out for a throw with his right.

It’s under 9 level football.

Worse than under 9 mate. 

For their third Flanagan had a chance to clear but plays the short pass back inside to Coulibaly who under pressure should clear it away, but no he decides to play another short pass and gets caught playing a shit pass, one pass wide ball whipped in Mcgregor makes a wonder save and Adriano is standing all alone to nod in. 

If you looked up what’s the problem with Rangers defence that passage of play just sums us up, amateur hour. 

9 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Staying positive .Having only one decent forward and 3 midfielders that are powderpuff and predictable isn't going to cut it for me 

And our defence still having games like Well and tonight .

We are still way short 

Definitely. I’m not ruling anything out when I say this until then but a big January transfer window and a strong second half to the season is a must. 

6 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Sunday is going to be very tough. Motherwell will sit deep, slow the game at every opportunity. The fans will get frustrated and the players will go through the motions.

Our squad don't have the players to cope with that. They don't have the ability or the desire. Eventually one of the liabilities will make a school boy error and we'll drop more points.

That's the spirit mate, keep positive.......

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Definitely. I’m not ruling anything out when I say this until then but a big January transfer window and a strong second half to the season is a must. 

Agreed 

He is going to have to pull few rabbits out the hat 

Meantime .We have to stay at least in same position points wise going into OF game