No passion, no heart

j1mgg

58 minutes ago, BlearyEyedBear said:

Failed to score in the first Old Firm derby

Failed to score in the Semi Final at Hampden

Failed to score in a must-win European game

Our records all over the place in must win games is a disgrace for a club like ours .

For me . It all points to losing mentality and lack of  quality

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Our records all over the place in must win games is a disgrace for a club like ours .

For me . It all points to losing mentality and lack of  quality

I have been convinced for a while that as well as lack of quality, that losing mentality is a HUGE problem, but it is only a few of us who seem to agree. Maybe more quality will improve the mentality problem, but still not totally sure if that will happen. :unsure:

1 hour ago, eejay the dj said:

Considering the quality we were up against . I thought it was a pathetic performance tbh

The stakes were massive and the desire was not even remotely good enough

I agree it's still not up to the standards it should be but it definitely was an improvement not only defensively but also created a bit more going forward.

Now we're out the EL then I'm hoping we stop changing the team every week and get some consistency 

13 hours ago, Ger_onimo said:

Absolute bollocks. We were battering them and they sucker punched us. We deserved to win the game. But to reiterate: utter bollocks.

Spot on.

i actually thought we played quite well last night.

the pitch was horrendous and our finishing let us down but other than that we bossed the game and looked comfortable.

if it hadn’t been a bit of a dodgy clearance from McGregor we probably wouldn’t have conceeded.

13 hours ago, bluenoz said:

McCrorie grew into the game after a shaky start.

McCrorie had a very good game but switched off completely at the goal and didn't track his man he has to be switched on all the time this lapse cost us the game.  

Gerrard needs to give players more game time if he's going to throw them into matches like last night.

Don't agree with this at all.

We looked the better team last night but as usual we lacked the cutting edge and good decision making in the final third.

Punched well above our weight this European run, hopefully Gerrard can add that quality we are lacking in January. 

When you get to this level it’s very small margins. Rapid weren’t a great team but their goal had a bit of quality about it. If Goldsons header goes in first half, it’s a different game. 

The one thing I wouldn’t level at this team is a lack of effort. I think it’s down to effort and hard work that we got this far in Europe. We are seriously lacking in midfield quality, but you can’t say that our midfielders didn’t bust a gut tonight. The Moscow games home and away again showed that we putin the effort but didn’t have the nouse to take more than one point off a team I feel we were better than. I don’t know if we have enough money to strengthen the squad with real quality( I doubt it ), but until we do no amount of hard work and trying will be enough to take us further at this level. 

We've lost a little of the spark that we had earlier in the season. Couple that with injuries to the likes of Kent, barasic and Grazda, suspensions to the likes of Candieas, Arfield and Morelos and our level has dropped. The manager needs now settle on his back 4, bring in some quality to the middle of the park and above all, get as many points before January as we possibly can

Unfortunately we just couldn't beat a decidedly average team when we needed to although we were also a bit unlucky because if  it had been home and away we would have eliminated both Villarreal and Rapid, Anyway lets try and take something positive out of it there are no more distractions from number 55 and that's what really matters