The Gaffers Naivety

KeyserSoze

It's near the end of January and he still doesn't know his best eleven and for me that beggars belief. Im not saying I want rid of the manager but if we drop more points and the players put in more dross performances like the other night then Steven Gerrard or not the knives will be out for him. As every other Rangers manager that has been here before Gerrard knows you can't kid the Rangers support on. And more results like the other night will eventually put his jacket on a shaky nail. I hope he pulls this around but to be honest with the players we have I just can't see it.

21 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Do you watch us thinking we will never win the league? Honestly, do you?

what about cups inat? 

If you say “yes” then you take your seat not believing in anything and that’s not good, not good at all  

We could win the Scottish cup. We should actually be focusing very much on doing that. But I have said it before on here that we just don't have enough to win the league and have taken stick for it on here but it's the truth. We have no real consistency in the league and it's shown all season. What is irking people is celtic being rubbish but over the course they will still be better than us which is a damn shame but it's the truth. 

24 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

It's near the end of January and he still doesn't know his best eleven and for me that beggars belief. Im not saying I want rid of the manager but if we drop more points and the players put in more dross performances like the other night then Steven Gerrard or not the knives will be out for him. As every other Rangers manager that has been here before Gerrard knows you can't kid the Rangers support on. And more results like the other night will eventually put his jacket on a shaky nail. I hope he pulls this around but to be honest with the players we have I just can't see it.

What a load of absolute nonsense. Have you read what you just typed? You blame Gerrard and yet you pin point the players. No such thing as a wand and brilliance just magically happens. Gerrard is the only manager we have had since returning to the top who has got a performance out of the team which battered them and it should have been 4-5 nil. I will continue to back him as I think over the course of the next few years we will eventually arrive at a point in which we can win the league. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

Absurd comment. 

Completely agree.

Ultimately though it comes down to having a better blend of players than those cunts do. Given they will probably continue to have more money to spend on wages etc. you then need to make sure as best as anyone can that every player is adding value. All transfers have risks, but my main concern with Gerrard so far is that too many seem to be falling short. Bar Kent, our best players are ones who were already at the club. Not sure who the buck lies with in terms of Allen not identifying the right ones or what.

Taking the last game as an example, which is admittedly unfair being only one game, celtic in Weah and Burke have brought in two hungry as fuck quick powerful athletic forwards who look like they'll score bucketloads up here. Defoe looked a yard short to make space for himself though you could tell he knew what runs to make, and Davis was absolutely rotten.

30 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

What a load of absolute nonsense. Have you read what you just typed? You blame Gerrard and yet you pin point the players. No such thing as a wand and brilliance just magically happens. Gerrard is the only manager we have had since returning to the top who has got a performance out of the team which battered them and it should have been 4-5 nil. I will continue to back him as I think over the course of the next few years we will eventually arrive at a point in which we can win the league. 

First off I'm.a Rangers supporter just like you are and I hope to god we Win 55 under Gerrard. But what I was saying is there is no way we are winning the league with the players we have in our squad at this minute. And if you think Gerrard will get a few years to win the league and we are still putting in performances like the other night and dropping points then that is you opinion me personally i don't think he will get that long to turn it around but that is just my opinion. But I hope to god we stop the scum getting nine never mind ten in a row. But for the record I'm blaming both Gerrard and the players for that shambles at Kilmarnock And they deserve the criticism.

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Management is completely different though

It’s not completely different if you’re talking about pressures. But as I’ve said granted there are differences but you’re saying the gig is too big for him I’m saying he’s handled pressure at the very top of the game for 20 odd years and I don’t think it is 👍🏻

The job was too big for Murty, that’s what I’d use to describe the gig being too big for someone. 

On 25/1/2019 at 19:09, Leeds_Bear said:

It’s not completely different if you’re talking about pressures. But as I’ve said granted there are differences but you’re saying the gig is too big for him I’m saying he’s handled pressure at the very top of the game for 20 odd years and I don’t think it is 👍🏻

The job was too big for Murty, that’s what I’d use to describe the gig being too big for someone. 

I never said it was too big for him I just don't see that having been a succesful player proves anything because they are completely different jobs  

On 25/01/2019 at 16:30, Thermopylae said:

I wonder sometimes if the job is a little too big for him ... it must be difficult in your first job in management to be bold when you look around at 4 huge full stands

18 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I never said it was too big for him I just don't see that having been a succesful player proves anything because they are completely different jobs  

That’s pretty much not what you said pal. 

Considering he’s only been here six months, I think he gets a lot more out the players than Brenda does.  A previous comment suggested something similar because of the big improvement in players that he inherited.

Where I am concerned tho is the lack of consistency, we play the scum off the park then a few days later we seem too pedestrian.

He’ll get it right .. especially if Dave splashes the cash in tne summer.  

47 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I said "wonder sometimes" not a statement of fact

Some back and forth this! Ok so you ‘wonder sometimes’ that still means you think it sometimes. Anyway need to stop bumping this thread, he won his last game so he’s no longer naive and the job isn’t too big for him.

23 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

McGregor 

Tavernier Goldson Katic Barisic 

Jack McCrorie Arfield 

Candeias Morelos Kent 

Foderingham 

Worrall 

Halliday 

Coulibaly 

Davis 

Middleton 

Defoe 

Strongest matchday squad we've had in 8 years imo. 

Yeah that is our best team. Halliday close to being number one lb for me although barasic was very good on sunday hopefully he will kick on now.