Perspective

Mor3los_1

Disappointing result today. Alot of people saying the league is now over and that's fine however I am happy with the progress we are making. The past few years we've practically brought in a new team each season and we won't challenge celtic until we get some stability. Gerrard will be here for the next few seasons and gradually we'll get better and better. It takes time, we are so desperate for 55 because of what happened and that's understandable but we need to be patient. Our main aim this year should be to challenge celtic and run them close and build on that. The only reason we are (or were) close to them is down to there poor form rather than our good form. The site is always a mess after these results but we need perspective.

4 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

Disappointing result today. Alot of people saying the league is now over and that's fine however I am happy with the progress we are making. The past few years we've practically brought in a new team each season and we won't challenge celtic until we get some stability. Gerrard will be here for the next few seasons and gradually we'll get better and better. It takes time, we are so desperate for 55 because of what happened and that's understandable but we need to be patient. Our main aim this year should be to challenge celtic and run them close and build on that. The only reason we are (or were) close to them is down to there poor form rather than our good form. The site is always a mess after these results but we need perspective.

Your reasoning for saying we will get better under Gerrard is what?

I think SG himself offers some insight into perspective in his RTV post match interview today.  Scathing.  Raging.  A very unhappy manager.  Unhappy with the response he is getting from his players.   Thing is though, if he can't get the right sort of response from them (and he acknowledges its not the first time he's been saying this) then what happens next for the rest of the season.    He's only saying what a lot of the Support is saying but how he gets players to respond positively to this does not seem to be something he is yet able to achieve. 

11 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Your reasoning for saying we will get better under Gerrard is what?

Let's sack him and bring in a new team again. That'll lead to a sustainable challenge. We have shown under Gerrard that we can play well but we need to be more consistent, we are a few quality players away yet from challenging.

20 minutes ago, Tak3rNo1 said:

What actual progress are we making?? 

The most frustrating thing is that for the first time in years we've actually went and financially back a manager

Just for that manager to then turn round and spend the money on absolute shite. Even Warburton/Pedro made some signings which were worth keeping, Tav/Candeias & Morelos to name 3

There's not 1 signing of Gerrards, who we've spent money on, that I would have in the team next season

Stick this perspective shite up your arse. I can understand that in our first season back in the top flight. This is our 3rd and have spent decent money on this management team and squad. Good enough to win the league? Maybe not but that performance today is no different to some of the pish murty's reign produced. Despite having what id consider a better pool of players. Not the 1st time this season either. For me its starting to look like gerrard hasnt a fucking clue.

4 hours ago, badjon said:

What is most frustrating is the lack of heart and desire.

I doubt it's that and more to do with our lack of ability to break down defences. High tempo, slick defence splitting passing is something we are not gifted with.

Some games we do look good, but it's more the exception than the rule. The quality, particularly in the midfield still isn't what is required.

Teams will and do sit in and frustrate and we simply don't have the abilty to break them down. 

Here's my perspective and I will stay clear of the usual players who get bashed.....

Kent - good but not nearly as good as some think

worral- getting better with each game

middleton - the boy looks lost at the moment

Candeias - either good or bad. Usually bad.

Fod - never understand the abuse.

Kamara - does anyone else see a bit of Ejaria with his twists and turns? A better version perhaps

We all see the game differently I suppose......

4 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I doubt it's that and more to do with our lack of ability to break down defences. High tempo, slick defence splitting passing is something we are not gifted with.

Some games we do look good, but it's more the exception than the rule. The quality, particularly in the midfield still isn't what is required.

Teams will and do sit in and frustrate and simply don't have the abilty to break them down. 

Ability may be a factor in it - maybe even the decisive factor -  but it sure is curious that yet again we have a very angry manager giving RTV post match interviews where the assertion is the team on the day did not execute the game plan practised in training which was designed to deal with an anticipated StJ game plan.   Now how much of that is dow to ability (contact with reality can very often be very different to contact in theory in training), and how much of it is down to other factors.   For instance SG seemed adamant that he did not have people on the pitch who were prepared to lead, to take responsibility and to make things happen...….and across the board were too happy to wait or to hope that Kent could take 4 on to make something happen.  

To me that suggests its is not necessarily solely an ability problem.  Bearing in mind also that, as SG himself acknowledges, he's been having to say this a lot this season.      If ability stretches to include doing for real what you do in practice then there is a huge ability problem...….with a lot of players fundamentally lacking in delivering for a team of the stature of Rangers.   Fixing that in quick order by replacing them with better quality would be very very expensive.