Ant Middleton

2 hours ago, The Big Sleeper said:

Hate to be pedantic guys but he was never in the SAS.

He is Ex Special Forces though. He served as a Royal Marine Commando from where he was selected for the Special Boat Service (SBS) which is the navy’s special forces unit.

Anyway, glad the guy is on our side. Defo the sort of bloke you’d like to have next to you in a tight fix.

And one of us as well.👍

I was serving on HMS Ocean in 2000 off the coast of Sierra Leone when a detachment of SBS came on board for an operation that was taking place and those guys are tough as fuck the same standard as the more famous SAS.

1 hour ago, jim beam said:

I was serving on HMS Ocean in 2000 off the coast of Sierra Leone when a detachment of SBS came on board for an operation that was taking place and those guys are tough as fuck the same standard as the more famous SAS.

Just read his book, I might be wrong but I think the actual selection process puts the guys from the navy, army and the RAF regiment all together. Good read mate.  

18 hours ago, jim beam said:

The SBS probably don’t get the credit they deserve as it’s the SAS who are the pin up boys (if that’s the right phrase) of the special forces. On the other hand, it may well suit them to stay out of the limelight and just get on with the job.

37 minutes ago, The Big Sleeper said:

The SBS probably don’t get the credit they deserve as it’s the SAS who are the pin up boys (if that’s the right phrase) of the special forces. On the other hand, it may well suit them to stay out of the limelight and just get on with the job.

I spoke too a few of them and I was really impressed with their professionalism the thing that stuck out for me was that most of them are wiry as fuck,I was expecting muscle galore somehow.

The U.K. is very lucky that we have men willing and able such as the SBS and the SAS carrying out the operations/deployment’s that we never hear about.I have no hesitation in calling them the worlds finest special forces.

2 hours ago, The Big Sleeper said:

SBS are usually 1st in,as in the Falklands,in any seabourne ops,collecting intel thru surveillance but can cause a lot of damage if needs be,tough b'tards one and all.