Ryan Kent ‘feels at home’ with Rangers

Ace

9 hours ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Hopefully a bit of common sense will prevail. We clearly want him. Gerrard desperately wants him. Kent is happy here and he doesn't seem to have any future at Liverpool.

Liverpool and teams in the EPL are awash with money. Hopefully they show a bit of goodwill towards Kent, Gerrard and us. Our relationship can only help. If we could get a deal at 5million I think that's pretty fair. Loan would be most likely if anything though. Would be delighted if he was here next season.

6 months loan and after we qualify for the CL Group stages we’ll slash the 5-7 Mill 😬

41 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

I’d rather we got woodburn on loan and spent that 5m elsewhere tbh. 

Kent has been class but his goals and assists are no where near a 5m player.

Based on what? He's been on loan in the championship this season and done absolutely nothing.

2 starts, 6 appearances off the bench and 0 goals across an entire season.

22 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Based on what? He's been on loan in the championship this season and done absolutely nothing.

Kent didn’t exactly rip up any trees when he was out on loan in the Championship before he came to us either though did he?

26 minutes ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

Another season on loan then we wish him a fond farewell with a league winners medal in his pocket.

Kent said in an interview yesterday that this was his last loan spell.  He’s looking for a permanent move in the summer and I’m sure Liverpool will want to cash in as well.

10 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

Loan is the only realistic option unfortunately, he will go for £10m plus down south no problem. 

Problem we have now, is buying these guys before most folk see their talent.

Our problem is probably accepting these guys are out of our league now. Which is the brutal reality of it

36 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Kent was woeful in the championship previous to coming to us means fuck all.

27 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Kent was woeful in the championship previous to coming to us means fuck all.

Kent had 55 games of first team experience across 3 different leagues before coming here.

Woodburn has 2.

Does that mean Woodburn would be less successful than Kent if he came here? Of course not but personally I think it's a strange call to say you'd rather we got him on loan instead of spending £5m on Kent.

3 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Kent had 55 games of first team experience across 3 different leagues before coming here.

Woodburn has 2.

Does that mean Woodburn would be less successful than Kent if he came here? Of course not but personally I think it's a strange call to say you'd rather we got him on loan instead of spending £5m on Kent.

Woodburn has been involved in 7 games not 2, he’s got 10 caps for Wales with 2 goals and he’s a lot younger than Kent so it’s understandable he’s not had the same game time.

Few of my mates are Liverpool fans and he’s thought of as a far better prospect than Kent.

You find it strange that I don’t want to spend 5m on a player that’s got 6 goals and 6 assists all season? 

How much money do you think King will give us? We need 4 first team players to come in if we’ve any chance of winning that league.

5m on Kent isn’t happening.

6 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Woodburn has been involved in 7 games not 2, he’s got 10 caps for Wales with 2 goals and he’s a lot younger than Kent so it’s understandable he’s not had the same game time.

Few of my mates are Liverpool fans and he’s thought of as a far better prospect than Kent.

You find it strange that I don’t want to spend 5m on a player that’s got 6 goals and 6 assists all season? 

How much money do you think King will give us? We need 4 first team players to come in if we’ve any chance of winning that league.

5m on Kent isn’t happening.

He's been involved in 8 but only started  2. 

Yes I find it strange that you wouldn't want to spend £5m (if it's available) on a young player who will still improve and almost certainly make us a profit when he moves on. If our entire budget for next season is £5m though then no I wouldn't buy him.

Loaning a different player from Liverpool each season isn't going to help us progress as a club.

8 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's been involved in 8 but only started  2. 

Yes I find it strange that you wouldn't want to spend £5m (if it's available) on a young player who will still improve and almost certainly make us a profit when he moves on. If our entire budget for next season is £5m though then no I wouldn't buy him.

Loaning a different player from Liverpool each season isn't going to help us progress as a club.

That’s more of my point I’d be very surprised if we’ve the budget to spend 5m on one player.

If we’ve got it then aye I’d take Kent but you’d be talking around 20 mill given the other signings we need to make.