*****The official Bet Fred cup final thread*****

wearethepeople1

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Essandoh said:

Nobody’s looking back in 10 years time and saying “remember the warriors we had when we lost that cup final to a 10 man celtic side”

10 men and an offside goal they fucking cheated. That should be remembered. 

Just now, George McLean said:

Tavernier is the recognised penalty taker and the captain, it was his responsibilty to step forward and take the penalty, he passed that responsibilty up, which shows, imo that he is never a Rangers captain.

Do you know what was said/planned for penalties?

3 minutes ago, Coop said:

11 men can't run out of steam more than a team with 10 men, surely.  I just think we got a bit desperate and started firing in aimless balls after they went down to 10.  Barisic for example, sent a couple straight over the box and out for a throw in.  That's the time for cool heads, just drag their 9 outfield players all over the pitch.  They had a centre back at right back and a midfielder at centre back for the last 30 minutes.  We did much better in the first half, we blew the last 30 minutes in my view.

We are shockingly bad when we get desperate . That is down to lack of composure and tbh  fight and leadership

Just now, Essandoh said:

Nobody’s looking back in 10 years time and saying “remember the warriors we had when we lost that cup final to a 10 man celtic side”

Agreed.

But at the same time in the here and now cunts need to see what's in front of them and not lose their fucking heads, which plenty seem to be doing.

The experienced heads in that dressing room need to be picking the group up and putting it to them they can go the rest of the domestic season unbeaten.

Absolutely fuck all to fear.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

We have never looked good with Alfie and Jermaine on at the same time.

Strachan saying the offside goal didn’t matter, we failed to score. Ummmm,  celtic didn’t score either then, but were given a goal they shouldn’t have got.

Can't argue with that, pretty much my thoughts. The goal was offside but not the reason we lost today, had more and enough chances to win it, jammy terrier luck with an offside goal and another penalty denied. 

1 minute ago, Coop said:

11 men can't run out of steam more than a team with 10 men, surely.  I just think we got a bit desperate and started firing in aimless balls after they went down to 10.  Barisic for example, sent a couple straight over the box and out for a throw in.  That's the time for cool heads, just drag their 9 outfield players all over the pitch.  They had a centre back at right back and a midfielder at centre back for the last 30 minutes.  We did much better in the first half, we blew the last 30 minutes in my view.

Your first sentence is simply nonsense. 
We pressed them and outfight them for the whole game 

If your only example is the occasional ball to far then, take a breath have a beer and say thank that you were born into a Rangers family and not a Fenian cesspit 

30 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

Lose Thursday and the season is genuinely over, could never rely on this team to overturn 2 points in the league either.

Couldn't give a flying fuck about Europe the league is the priority. 

Still think we will win and hopefully we turn this into a positive we have to and we have enough Characters in the dressing room to turn this round. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

What did he say mate I turned it off after the final whistle, nearly put the fucking telly out the windae. 

Stupid question by the interview he smirks and say that's a really poor question you know exactly how the dressing room is right now.

2 minutes ago, George McLean said:

Tavernier is the recognised penalty taker and the captain, it was his responsibilty to step forward and take the penalty, he passed that responsibilty up, which shows, imo that he is never a Rangers captain.

Yer right and wrong, tav would have been delighted to hand the ball to Morelos an take the heat off himself, saying that if Morelos scores and gets the monkey off his back he could have gone on to get a second due to not having the same weight on his shoulders 

7 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

Mate the scum keeper pulled off a few cracking saves and they scored an offside goal, it was unlucky in ma eyes. I understand that this can’t keep happening but I’m just trying to keep optimistic man

Hyperbole about their keeper is unreal as well 

His save from Jack was good, when you see it in slow motion good but not amazing as the ball isn’t right in the corner. The rest, penalty included were a compilation of poor finishing and saves you’d expect a keeper to make 

2 minutes ago, Ayrblue1 said:

Do you know what was said/planned for penalties?

No, and neither do you. However the fact remains that Tav is our recognised penalty taker, has been for years, but yet in a game of this importance he passes the responsibilty to Morelos in order to break his duck v them, it should never have happened, imo.

Archived