Morelos Racism

BridgeIsBlue

19 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Was that not about racism in the stadium. This nil by mouth call is in respect of racism Morelos received in the city centre, Mitchell street. A separate incident.

Yes I do believe that is what they called out.

All part of the bigger picture as far as I'm concerned. The fact remains that Morelos has been the subject of subtained abuse from all quarters whether it be in the streets, a football stadium or through the media. It's time the excuses, denials and whataboutery were called out. 

The club should be taking a lead on this even if only for the selfish reason of protecting their investment. We have seen that they can deliver a headshot when they want to and I believe that the time is right for a few more. They are defenceless against it. They are  reeling and in disarray. Time to keep up the pressure and in doing so protect the biggest talent in Scottish football. 

A coin hits Lennon in the chest and he holds his face play acting. It is labelled as a sectarian attack whilst genuine racism/sectarianism that is there for all to see is dismissed. 

No way should we be allowing this to stand and this is a battle that no matter what we would inevitably win. They have had things their own way for far too long but they are reaching tipping point all it takes is a  carefully worded statement or two and maybe a couple of interviews. 

As I said Gerrard could be key to this. He is pretty much respected around the world and above reproach in matters such as this. 

Let's see how these cunts like the scrutiny of the outside world. They are already shitting in the goldfish bowl the way I see it put them under real pressure. 

Their excuses for ignoring racism when it suits will be ridiculed. Let the likes of BT explain why they employ these people. Let them try their victim blaming outside their cabals influence. 

Personally I am hoping that the silence on matters beforehand was merely waiting on the right opportunity to put these bigots to the sword. Now they have it.

A wee bit ranty I know but an opportunity to put them to bed like this has been a long time coming. We should not miss said opportunity. 

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No statements will get made joint or otherwise ,the taigs would be admitting they had a problem and they ain’t doing that ,The video of the guy in the car we only assume it’s a taig ,it’s 99.999999pc certain that he is a tarrier but even at that Lieswell will never admit that he was a taig ,that’s why it’s football fans with green shirts that are the ones reported when there’s incidents ,he has the constant threats of legal action to protect the brand ,despite it being obvious it’s scum fans ,

Why would we make any statements either ,We have no fault whatsoever in Morelos getting abused ,anything we do say will fall on deaf ears and the Morelos witch-hunt goes on 

Only NBM can come out and call the tarriers out for continually ignoring the problem 

2 hours ago, Darth Bear said:

Yes I do believe that is what they called out.

All part of the bigger picture as far as I'm concerned. The fact remains that Morelos has been the subject of subtained abuse from all quarters whether it be in the streets, a football stadium or through the media. It's time the excuses, denials and whataboutery were called out. 

The club should be taking a lead on this even if only for the selfish reason of protecting their investment. We have seen that they can deliver a headshot when they want to and I believe that the time is right for a few more. They are defenceless against it. They are  reeling and in disarray. Time to keep up the pressure and in doing so protect the biggest talent in Scottish football. 

A coin hits Lennon in the chest and he holds his face play acting. It is labelled as a sectarian attack whilst genuine racism/sectarianism that is there for all to see is dismissed. 

No way should we be allowing this to stand and this is a battle that no matter what we would inevitably win. They have had things their own way for far too long but they are reaching tipping point all it takes is a  carefully worded statement or two and maybe a couple of interviews. 

As I said Gerrard could be key to this. He is pretty much respected around the world and above reproach in matters such as this. 

Let's see how these cunts like the scrutiny of the outside world. They are already shitting in the goldfish bowl the way I see it put them under real pressure. 

Their excuses for ignoring racism when it suits will be ridiculed. Let the likes of BT explain why they employ these people. Let them try their victim blaming outside their cabals influence. 

Personally I am hoping that the silence on matters beforehand was merely waiting on the right opportunity to put these bigots to the sword. Now they have it.

A wee bit ranty I know but an opportunity to put them to bed like this has been a long time coming. We should not miss said opportunity. 

I am sure most of us agree with all you have said :thumbup: the problem is, do the Rangers board agree with us and will they do as you say and go on the attack ?   

I know they put out a good statement after the game at the piggery, but not seen any follow up or much mention of that statement in the press, I may well have missed it.

If ever there was a time to fight fire with fire, it is now IMO.  

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I'm sure this has probably been pointed out already, but surely the journo's first question to Lennon should have been "I thought you cunts didn't make statements?".

Still waiting on them asking that fud Elyounoussi about his vow to destroy us on the 29th.

What is happening with this? Either it happened or it didn't. From what I have heard on the online clips it most certainly did. So why absolute silence? Is there an investigation ongoing or because the scum are given a free pass to do whatever the hell they want by any level of authority, are they all pretending there's nothing to see / hear here? Honestly fucking disgusting. I would have thought maybe our club would have updated us? I guess if it's still being investigated then maybe they can't, but the silence is deafening. 

13 hours ago, MonTheGers said:

What is happening with this? Either it happened or it didn't. From what I have heard on the online clips it most certainly did. So why absolute silence? Is there an investigation ongoing or because the scum are given a free pass to do whatever the hell they want by any level of authority, are they all pretending there's nothing to see / hear here? Honestly fucking disgusting. I would have thought maybe our club would have updated us? I guess if it's still being investigated then maybe they can't, but the silence is deafening. 

Don’t think it’s the clubs fault this time, they brought it up and made it known, tarriers then pretty much said it never happened with their statement, the police said they were looking into it so I’m guessing nothing else can be said until they finish their investigation. Obviously I doubt that their investigation will be actually any good or proper effort applied but it is what it is. 

14 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I think someone may start a new thread on this but fucking hell, just seen Bill Leckies article on Morelos.

Fucking outrageous.

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Saw that. Too far.

What's that fat prick said this time? 

I don't read any media outlets bar official site or here. 

1 minute ago, Drumloyal said:

What's that fat prick said this time? 

I don't read any media outlets bar official site or here. 

More like what's he not said. Can't copy and paste from my phone and don't want to post the link.

However has a full article about Morelos calling him a  waster.

STEVEN GERRARD was a threat to every team he played against.

He was the embodiment of the guy you hated in the other lot’s colours but would have given anything to see wearing yours.

Across 17 years, 504 games, 120 goals and nine trophies for Liverpool, plus 114 caps and 21 goals for England, he must have been an absolute swine to face across that white line.

Yet all he ever got from the opposition was respect.

And why? Because he was honest. Because he gave his lot. Because his first responsibility was always to his mates.

Because he radiated a love for his club, his city, his country and for the game.

So it’s baffling that a man who’s an ideal role model for every young pro should put himself out on a limb for a waster like Alfredo Morelos.

A waster? Yes, for me that’s what the Rangers striker is.

Someone blessed with wonderful talent, yet who spoils so much of the good work he does by slouching around like a spoiled, angry brat who hates his job.

He dives, he cheats, he lashes out at the kind of provocation 99 per cent around him laugh off, he celebrates in front of rival team’s fans, though he knows it’ll get him in trouble.
Then, when it all comes back to haunt him, he plays the victim. Or rather, he gets his manager to play it for him.
Morelos was given extra time off last week while Gerrard launched an attack on the mysterious forces he says want to drive the lad out of Scotland.
Sorry, Steven, but this is nonsense.
You’re an intelligent man, you’re a straight-talker and you’ve the potential to be a top, top gaffer, but you’re way off the mark on this one.
Because while you’re right that Morelos is a threat to these mysterious forces — aka celtic — so were Ally McCoist, Brian Laudrup, Mark Hateley and plenty more, but no one tried to drive THEM out of the game.

Henrik Larsson, Chris Sutton, John Hartson were a pain in the backside for Rangers and Alan Shearer, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Dennis Bergkamp were all threats to your ambitions at Anfield, but no one tried to drive any of them out.
Why? Because, like you, they were decent guys who played the game the right way.
Like you, they were hard but fair, they could take a kick and come back for more.
Like you, they’d go to war for 90 minutes then shake hands at time up.
Morelos doesn’t tick any of these boxes. Neither did Luis Suarez, who you brought up as another example of someone who had no friends outside his club and who was railroaded to another country.
Suarez racially abused an opponent. He serially bit man-markers.
He always looked as if playing football was a chore rather than a pleasure — and that’s why he was so disliked — not because he scored goals.
Guys like Suarez get little respect from opponents because they don’t try to earn it.
Guys like him blame their own bad behaviour on the pressure others put them under.
And guys like him are not missed when they finally trudge away grumbling under their breath.
Sadly, that’s the way Morelos is headed.
With his Resting Bitch Face pout, his flailing elbows and snide off-the-ball kicks, the way he’d rather fall over to get a fellow player sent off than take a shot at goal, he seems hell-bent on making as few friends as possible in our game.
He’s not alone in this last one, of course. Roy Keane didn’t try to win popularity contests either, nor did the likes of Eric Cantona or Graeme Souness.

But what separates them from a Morelos is that they backed up the snarl with success. They led from the front, they were serial winners.
In real terms, meanwhile, this moody blue has done the square root of hee-haw.
He doesn’t have a winner’s medal, he hasn’t scored in an Old Firm game.
He has, however, let his team down through the antics which have seen him pick up seven red and 39 yellow cards in just over 100 starts.
When they come back from Dubai to reboot their season, he’ll be missing yet again.
It’s three games this time thanks to the stupidest sending-off yet — that dive when through on goal at Parkhead.

That moment, for me, said everything about him.
It cemented him as everything the average fan hates about a certain type of modern player — the cynicism, the deviousness, the absence of joy.
Only he can change this. Only he can turn around the image the world outside Ibrox has of him.
Only he can put a smile on his coupon and learn to count to ten when he’s being wound up, only he can work out why he’d rather cheat than score.
Only he can earn the mega-money move we keep hearing big clubs are queueing up to offer.
That’s what Gerrard should be concentrating on right now, getting his goal machine’s head right, because that could end up being the difference between stopping nine in a row and facing up to stopping ten.
He should be pointing at Jermain Defoe as someone who’s been a threat wherever he’s gone for 20 years, yet who’s universally liked and admired.
He should be working overtime to turn a manchild into a man.
The fact that he would rather turn him into a martyr does neither of them any credit.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

More like what's he not said. Can't copy and paste from my phone and don't want to post the link.

However has a full article about Morelos calling him a  waster.

Good call. 

The cheek of a fat, middle aged, hate filled, failed "journalist" calling a young successful, humble athlete who does charity work in his own time a waster is astronomical. 

Just read it. 

It's been said before but this time it really is way, WAY over the line. 

I would hope the lad gets his legal team onto that fat prick and does the cunt for libel.  Rangers need to revoke press privileges for that cunt and whatever outlet greenlit that "article" for publication. 

Archived