Grezda Back To Osijek

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Good. Between him and King that’s a healthy amount off the wage bill.

Hopefully another few to go out too and let’s us bring in a couple bits of quality. 

Weren’t Leicester taking them majority of Kings wage? 

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Id imagine we were still picking up a chunk too. He will be on a big wage down there. 

So basically you made a statement which was  absolute guess work then?  

9 minutes ago, mus said:

So basically you made a statement which was  absolute guess work then?  

I’d say it was an educated guess.

A PL player will be in a contract above out pay grade and I doubt they would be picking up all his wages.

We will have been contributing so we have made a saving. Positive for the club for a player who contributed nothing. 

45 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Id imagine we were still picking up a chunk too. He will be on a big wage down there. 

I only remember the manager saying when we bought him the offer from Leicester was to good to say no to. I was listening tia podcast and they said Leicester we’re still paying 90% plus of his wage, not sure how accurate that was but I do actually believe that will be about right based on the managers comment 

Delighted he's off. Not good enough and Gerrard made it clear he wasn't getting back in the first team picture.

By all accounts seems he had a stinking attitude, will probably go on to have the season of his life now.

Would love to know how he ended up signing. Didn't play against us for osijek... Was injured.... Seems like a strange signing looking back.

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Hope we included a sell-on. Wouldn't be surprised if he went back to Osijek, played very well and got another move

On the evidence of what we saw I would find that a bit unlikely, know what you mean though, it wouldn't be first time a player whos looked a complete dud had moved and turned his career around. I kept thinking he would come good based on the reputation he came with. In truth though he failed miserably mainly due to him being a bit of a wanker, completely unwilling to put in the effort to adapt to another country and league.

19 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Devlin is one of the only journos the club trust.

Seems a decent sort but he works for The Sun.

Just look at the shite they’ve printed since last Sunday. They should be getting absolutely fuck all from us.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Seems a decent sort but he works for The Sun.

Just look at the shite they’ve printed since last Sunday. They should be getting absolutely fuck all from us.

He’s a Motherwell fan I think but his in laws are well known Rangers fans.

Aye I agree though the paper in general is ridiculous.

Yeah, given there was interest from Osijek, there’s no way he was being paid off after the spitting incident, bringing us into disrepute and after all his behaviour.

Glad we’ve gotten some money for him, no matter how small, and more importantly, gotten the cancerous bastard out of the squad. Good couple of days with losing him and King. Next, Ojo pretty please...

Archived