Defoe to be signed permanently

Marky.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The legs might have gone but wednesday night showed he is pivotal in these games at ibrox when they park the bus! 

The problem is 90 mins on wed followed by 90mins on sunday isnt the way he can be managed now.

End of the day it comes down to Morelos stupidity at Parkhead that we are relying on Defoe for 3 games in a row

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

The legs might have gone but wednesday night showed he is pivotal in these games at ibrox when they park the bus! 

The problem is 90 mins on wed followed by 90mins on sunday isnt the way he can be managed now.

End of the day it comes down to Morelos stupidity at Parkhead that we are relying on Defoe for 3 games in a row

If we can’t have confidence that he can keep up with the fixtures then we shouldn’t be offering another year to a 37yr old!

2 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

If we can’t have confidence that he can keep up with the fixtures then we shouldn’t be offering another year to a 37yr old!

Am talking about today. But aye i agree he should b the 3rd choice striker coz we cant rely on Morelos to be available.

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

We need a big powerful striker in the squad too. Been saying it for fucking ages. 

My thoughts exactly, Hearts were up for a battle, we need a big battling striker to either support Alfie or replace him if not playing, Defoe and Aribo are too lightweight up front.

21 minutes ago, Sket said:

Ffs.

Lock this.

He must be on at least 30/35k a week.

For a 37 year old who offers us very little in the style we play. Aye he'll get goals because we dominate most teams and he can just poach waiting for his chance but he offers absolutely nothing else on the park.

The money could & should be spent getting someone in who will replace Morelos as 1st choice when he leaves this summer

Defoe is fine as back up if we play the right way. He fluffed a chance today and didnt offer much, but he thrives on balls played between CH and full backs, or whipped across the 6 yard box from wide.

Failure to do this whilst lobbing high balls and having no one close to him is mental but all that I've seen in 3 games. 

So yeah he was poor, but ffs play to his strengths not his weaknesses.

10 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

We need a big powerful striker in the squad too. Been saying it for fucking ages. 

Snap mate being saying that to my brother for over a season now. I know we only play with one up. But we could do with a big mark hately type to mix things up a bit. We have had success for years with this kind of striker.

Just now, BILLYBOY50 said:

Snap mate being saying that to my brother for over a season now. I know we only play with one up. But we could do with a big mark hately type to mix things up a bit. We have had success for years with this kind of striker.

At the time i thought big Moult would be an ideal partner for Morelos.......

8 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We cannot go the rest of the season with only Defoe , if Alfredo gets sent off again and going by the refs instructions it could happen , he will be lucky to play again for us.

Hopefully we have a striker in mind .........

Said it in another thread, it's clear that with our utter incompetence without him in the side, the media frenzy to have Morelos banned at every opportunity will be at an all time high. And chances are it'll work, another 3/4 games out through  suspension and it's game over for us this season.

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He was good enough a few days ago after having signed a new contract ffs :lol:

It's a joke m8, Defoe is a back up striker with 16 goals and now people are calling him out....kamara fucked it today, end of story 

Jesus wept a lone striker can't win a game on his ffs. He needs service and that is for others to provide. The team were dug shite today and he got very little. Probably shocked at wtf was around him. 

One piece of magic between Kent and Borna. A plus on Polster and that was fucking it. That lot were all over us like a rash. Shitebaggery in abundance today and it was fucking embarassing.

9 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

He must be on at least 30/35k a week.

For a 37 year old who offers us very little in the style we play. Aye he'll get goals because we dominate most teams and he can just poach waiting for his chance but he offers absolutely nothing else on the park.

The money could & should be spent getting someone in who will replace Morelos as 1st choice when he leaves this summer

You're an idiot if you think we're paying anyone 35 grand a week.

You're also an idiot claiming a 37 year old offers us very little in the style we play when that 37 year old has scored 12 league goals in 18 appearances this season,in the style we play.

So in essence,you are talking absolute fucking pish.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

It's a joke m8, Defoe is a back up striker with 16 goals and now people are calling him out....kamara fucked it today, end of story 

Kamara was dug shite today, but so were so many others. They went at it 93 minutes and bossed us all over the park. Fucking embarassing.

24 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I’m thankful it’s only 1 year after today 

He was worth keeping but no more than 1 year would be justified

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Kamara was dug shite today, but so were so many others. They went at it 93 minutes and bossed us all over the park. Fucking embarassing.

I'm not disputing others being shite also but if Kamara doesn't fuck up then I genuinely don't see them getting back into the game

Archived