Kamberi Signs

Marky.

8 hours ago, GA1972 said:

Would think we’d just plucked someone out a junior league the way you’re going on 

Suppose that’s the same pish loan process that got us Kent? 

Didn't we get Bobby Russell from the juniors (Shettleston, if I recall). That didn't turn out too badly for us.........and before you start, I realise it was a few years back.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking forward to SG and staff getting him back to his best then signing him.

He's went off the rails this past 2 years compared to when he first joined Scottish Premiership so we can certainly bring him back to being what he is capable of.

Just goes to show what being unhappy in the wrong(scum)team does to a player. 

Welcome to Rangers. Now show us what you're capable of young man:)

Apart from Grasshoppers reserves and a loan spell at Hibs his scorinh stats aren't brilliant.

He got 9 in 14 games on loan and then 11 in 53 after being signed.

Hopefully he'll "bust a gut" to earn a permenant move, but I'm not going to get too excited yet.

Might be back on here around 5pm to say I'm excited😁

34 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Why is everybody obsessed with 4-4-2? Do many/any successful teams play this formation? 

Most recent success would be Leicesters title winning team I think. Off the top of my head the only team currently playing it in the EPL is Burnley. 

Its certainly not fashionable at the moment but I'm sure that'll change. Footballs cyclical like that sometimes. 

6 minutes ago, RoboBear said:

Apart from Grasshoppers reserves and a loan spell at Hibs his scorinh stats aren't brilliant.

He got 9 in 14 games on loan and then 11 in 53 after being signed.

Hopefully he'll "bust a gut" to earn a permenant move, but I'm not going to get too excited yet.

Might be back on here around 5pm to say I'm excited😁

Not going to sign a 20 odd goal striker who is willing to play 3rd fiddle to 2 top strikers who are rarely injured. 

What you get is someone who knows the league inside out and has a record of scoring goals here in a piss poor team. 

Not really going to get better than that unless one of the other 2 leave 

1 minute ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Some fun on here sometimes. We could sign Higuain and Salah and some would claim one is too old and the other too short.😂

Salah isn't too old.

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

His stats don’t really concern me tbh.

From what I’ve seen he’s not really a centre forward and plays on the left. He offers something different and can run at a man, has a good finish on him as well.

Correct, but I thought we signed him because Defoe is out and Alfie could get suspended. In which case his stats ARE a concern

What I like about Kamberi is that for someone of his height he’s not a target man. He’s mobile and athletic and will be a better like for like swap with Morelos than Defoe is style wise.

I don’t think we can rely on him to score too many goals but he’s a good option.

He’ll be able to play off Morelos too either side of him in the 3.

15 hours ago, King Jela said:

Why is everybody obsessed with 4-4-2? Do many/any successful teams play this formation? 

Mentioning a formation is obsessed??  4-4-3 works when you have the players to execute the system - we don't have the quality to play that system all the time especially when teams are so defensive.  Was suggesting an alternative that Morelos/Defoe together do not offer.  Add to that our mdfeld three appears to be still in Dubai ts hardly a massive gamble. 

5 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Mentioning a formation is obsessed??  4-4-3 works when you have the players to execute the system - we don't have the quality to play that system all the time especially when teams are so defensive.  Was suggesting an alternative that Morelos/Defoe together do not offer.  Add to that our mdfeld three appears to be still in Dubai ts hardly a massive gamble. 

And mainly because you are playing an extra man 😂😂

Archived