Leagues over

GOAT

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Next season Gerrard can manage us til the break then get Walter in for 5 months.

If he doesn't win the cup now he'll be under serious pressure imo. 2 trophyless years with the money he's spent is unacceptable. 

21 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Wednesday against Motherwell?

Until its out of our hands i will remain positive because we dont need them to drop points yet.

The title is not over, but how is it not out of our hands?

They will be 7 points ahead tommorrow. If we beat them in the two games that leaves them 1 point ahead. Then there are the other games in which going by our performances, we are more likely to drop points than them.

We have simply handed them a big advantage that it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to pull back. They win all there games they are champions, no matter what we do, so it is only their's to lose now.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Thing is though, not like aberdeen sat in and played a low block.

Cunts had a go, and had the better chances.

Like Hearts they got physical on Aribo and Kent and they shat it and hid.

Mcinnes plays us like a fiddle nearly every time.

18 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

You are clearly talking shite.

Otherwise you would take the bet and cost me £50.

You wont though, cause you know you just opening your mouth and letting the shite roll out.

We won’t win the league, simple. 

13 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

They play the sheep at pittodrie in a few weeks , They will surely get the same shit kicked out of them , the way they played today right :hmmm:

They’ll be 2 or 3 up at half time against them and probably Aberdeen on 10 men 

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Scottish Cup is massive for us now, we need silverware this season.

Hooray we are now confirmed as a Hearts or St Johnstone type club ( not a personal dig but this type of talk sickens me) league or the season is an absolute failure, which is increasingly likely. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The title is not over, but how is it not out of our hands?

They will be 7 points ahead tommorrow. If we beat them in the two games that leaves them 1 point ahead. Then there are the other games in which going by our performances, we are more likely to drop points than them.

We have simply handed them a big advantage that it will be extremely difficult if not impossible to pull back. They win all there games they are champions, no matter what we do, so it is only their's to lose now.

We will b 7 behind with a game in hand, tht means its in our hands 

So we win all our games we win the league

Today is the defining moment in our season. It's simply tinged with failure.

Too many times we struggle to break down a team who sit in, it's not good enough. The players don't have the conviction, mental toughness or belief required to just throw teams aside.

I feel so disappointed and once again I have that feeling that I've felt time and again from recent Rangers sides........and that is badly let down.

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Flying them out for a jolly in Dubai for a start. Why? 

Completely interrupts momentum and routine. They can have their time off but then they're back in here and treating the weeks off like routine league weeks.

They need to earn that trip! Win a league or a cup then jet them off to dubai/ until then train in Glasgow. 

earn the rite to enjoy a special camp. its clearly not worked well two years in a row.  Again I love this squad,they play beautiful football at times. but I feel like they still do not have the rite mentality yet and think its ok to just show up put in an ok shift. 

They really need to understand that is not acceptable you are only as good as your last match. 

If we keep playing this way and keep doing this dubai trip - it's insanity in my eyes don't expect new results doing the same things. 

If we play like we know this team can we could still win this league. 

How ever if we play like the last few games its a certain they win the league. 

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

Gerrard has done a good job rebuilding us, but it's getting to the point where, if we're truly the Rangers we need to be, he needs to be winning trophies. One season was fine. Two isn't. If we end this season as another missed opportunity with no silverware to show for it and celtic winning the title comfortably, Gerrard's job should be  seriously under threat. No previous Rangers manager would have escaped that scrutiny or accountability.

None since Smith have had the financial backing either. 

Next season will be far more difficult to win than this if the likes of Morelos look to move on. 

22 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

If he doesn't win the cup now he'll be under serious pressure imo. 2 trophyless years with the money he's spent is unacceptable. 

Barring losing the dressing room or something else as disastrous, surely to fuck it would be ridiculous to head into next season looking to stop the unthinkable with a new manager.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

celtic will go 7 points clear tomorrow.  Every game we play is a must win now.  The next Old Firm at Ibrox is a must win too.  It’s going to be an uphill battle to pull it back.

Just like after Hearts. Goldson saying we knew that 9 points needed out next 3 games and Mcallister saying there was no room for error.

it lasted one game.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Barring losing the dressing room or something else as disastrous, surely to fuck it would be ridiculous to head into next season looking to stop the unthinkable with a new manager.

Honestly depends how the rest of this season plays out imo. I'm not calling for him to be sacked by any stretch, our performances and results before the break, both at home and in Europe, were excellent as a whole. 

But trophies are won in the second half of the season and that's now 2 years in a row we've capitulated when the scum were there for the taking and that's is a huge worry. 

25 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Like Hearts they got physical on Aribo and Kent and they shat it and hid.

Mcinnes plays us like a fiddle nearly every time.

Question is why don’t they do that to the tarriers? Their main players aren’t physical and they manage to play their game.

Gerrard focuses too much on the physical of the game. Talks about winning battles when we just need to do our own thing. 

Not that I think that would of made much difference we were fuckin miles off it.

This squad is good enough to compete for the title but I can’t help but feel we’re being held back.  This current formation is too defensive.  We’re relying on Kent and Aribo to create everything.  Aribo looks completely lost so it’s all down to Kent.

There needs to be a change of formation.  Even if it’s taking out one of the central midfielders and playing Hagi as a 10 behind the striker.  

Teams in the SPFL are shite for the most part.  Even teams like Aberdeen just sit in for 90mins.  We need to set up to attack.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

This squad is good enough to compete for the title but I can’t help but feel we’re being held back.  This current formation is too defensive.  We’re relying on Kent and Aribo to create everything.  Aribo looks completely lost so it’s all down to Kent.

There needs to be a change of formation.  Even if it’s taking out one of the central midfielders and playing Hagi as a 10 behind the striker.  

Teams in the SPFL are shite for the most part.  Even teams like Aberdeen just sit in for 90mins.  We need to set up to attack.

Agreed switch it to a 4-2-3-1. 

We've all wanted a no 10 player. Hagi has predominantly played that position so let's use him in it. 

We don't need 3 defensive minded midfielders that can't pick a pass. 

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Question is why don’t they do that to the tarriers? Their main players aren’t physical and they manage to play their game.

Gerrard focuses too much on the physical of the game. Talks about winning battles when we just need to do our own thing. 

Not that I think that would of made much difference we were fuckin miles off it.

Mcinnes knows Tav and Barasic are our big threats so he virtually man marks them with his wide forwards and is happy for the ball to get played inside to where all the bodies are.

Not sure if does that against Tarriers but they have central midfielders who can score from outside the box.

Archived