Press Conference : Gerrard and Jack

Virtuoso

Just now, DBBTB said:

Strange comment to make when both centre halves made mistakes for their winner.

Gerrard won’t criticise Goldson so it’s probably aimed at Katic.

I think so too, and he has previous for appearing to be much more comfortable criticising Katic in public.

Not completely undeserved here but to wilfully single him out again, in a game where every other outfield player and a referee were culpable, feels a bit lazy.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its Goldson all day long he's talking about ffs. 

Nothing majorly wrong with that presser though he could and should have made more of the decisions. It's when integrity is called into account folk get charged, not for saying refs got decusions wrong.

He's clearly not in a happy mood, nor should he be. Him and his players need to get their fingers out and deliver 3 points tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

I don’t really see that as him being laid back to be honest. He’s got anxiety issues and I’m pretty sure he referred to getting a psychologist to help him while he was at Charlton.

I didn’t know he had anxiety issues.  I’m amazed anyone could play in front of 50,000 people or take part in an Old Firm game if they experienced anxiety.  It must be a constant battle.

Gazza was the opposite.  I read he was kicking holes in a bus roof and had to be sedated the night before games because he was so excited to play.  

1 hour ago, TMB said:

I didn’t know he had anxiety issues.  I’m amazed anyone could play in front of 50,000 people or take part in an Old Firm game if they experienced anxiety.  It must be a constant battle.

Gazza was the opposite.  I read he was kicking holes in a bus roof and had to be sedated the night before games because he was so excited to play.  

Aye for such a big lad he’s hella quiet and nervous whenever you get him in front of a camera. Fair play to him because the fear itself of having a panic attack during an interview would be enough to bring one on itself.

Time to move on from the Killie game. Onto the next game of utter shite.

We will see how sorry the players are tomorrow. Lets hope they make it up to us.

Expecting a new formation tomorrow, Seeing Hagi in central attacking position.

Katic and Edmundson at the back hopefully. Would be nice to see us running at defences and a high tempo and pressing.

2 hours ago, steven33jackie said:

He consistently makes a point of not aiming criticism directly at the standards of refereeing. He did mention the fact that Alfredo had a perfectly good goal disallowed, so indirect criticism at best. 

If he were suddenly  come out now and have a go at refereeing standards he would get slaughtered in the media as it would come across as deflecting from below par performances.

Any criticism of refereeing will have to come from the board or one of Jim Traynors pals.

It's pretty simple: He's got to make these players believe they can win week in and week out, he doesn't do that by going on BT Sport, Sky or sitting at Press Conferences telling them they are beat before they cross the line because the refs wont let us win.

I'd love him to give the refs both barrels but I understand that while the season is still ongoing he can't do that.

42 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Gerrard seems scunnered.

We are all disgusted with our performances but it is his responsibility to turn things around. 

His players, his coaching and his tactics. Time to step up Stevie. 

This. This is a pivotal moment for him and us. Its times like these where he has to earn his money. We've got a good run of games up until the split, it's a chance to apply a bit of pressure, at least, and then we'll see how it goes from there. Hard work starts tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Why?

He should be able to criticise officiating without being prompted!

Criticising refs now looks like sour grapes and a deflection tactic.

It should’ve been done after Parkhead or Hibs last week or any other game.

Spot on mate, the tarrier game at parkheed  was the perfect time to do it cos we won, Gerrard or the club could have made a comment that the ref tried his hardest to stop us winning the match, but the better team won unlike the cup final when the ref won it for them 

1 hour ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Time to move on from the Killie game. Onto the next game of utter shite.

We will see how sorry the players are tomorrow. Lets hope they make it up to us.

Expecting a new formation tomorrow, Seeing Hagi in central attacking position.

Katic and Edmundson at the back hopefully. Would be nice to see us running at defences and a high tempo and pressing.

If Katic and Edmundson are at the back I'll eat my Rangers bunnet.

3 minutes ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

No leaders and a squad of mostly soft and passive individuals.and until that changes we will struggle to win anything.

True mate. We have no natural captain and I'm not slighting Tavernier and trying to start an old debate.

Archived