Time for a new manager?

Dave Hedgehog

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the guy played in the supposed best league in the world under some really good managers, hes also supposed to have Klopp on speedial, what the fuck has he learned in all that time? I'm starting to wonder if hes the jinx and why Liverpool didnt win the league in the years he was there.

I wonder if hes been a Barry Ferguson type figure down there, great on the park but trying to undermine managers and ultimatly getting them sacked because the team werent winning the league.

He strikes me as one stubborn bastard who will stick to something even when its clearly not working because he thinks his way is right, and makes me wonder what are Beale and MacAllister doing in the background, do they give advice or just go blindly along with what Gerrard does?.

His formation and team selection along with his favs in the dressing room clearly arent working for him but I dont see him changing and I dont see him getting sacked, he really doesnt realise what 9 or 10 in a row means up here to us, hes just a manager whos trying to win us a league he doesnt get that this is a once in a generation thing, maybe once in all of our lifetimes, this needs stopped and hes only got 1 more season to do it or he will be known as the man who led us to our darkest day and even the man who led us when the taigs surpassed us in league wins. I like the guy but if that happens under his watch then I would never forgive him.

11 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Van Bronkhorst? De Boer?

Both have experience winning league titles. 

Frank managed ajax to 4 and gio took Feyenoord to thier first in 18 years. 

Neither would be bad shouts tbh.  As finding managers with that kind of experience isn't easy. 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

If we sack him now we might as well give them 10 now

There's no time or money to bring in someone else of a decent calibre who will give us a chance next season

This is Gerrard's team, we can only hope he works it out in the summer, signs the right players and we have a sustained challenge next year

There is a saying in business about cutting your losses.

If Gerrard persists with the same formation and the same donkeys, yes I've said it, then it won't make any difference. We will be humiliated, as for the record breakng ten in a row, the scum for sure won't be standing still, as even Liewell knows that getting your neck stretched isn't dood for one's health, so he'll be spending!

We have became masters of dropping points in games we've been well on top of, or indeed dominated.

Since Gerrard took over, we have rarely been out played over a 90 minute game, but.... seem to find a way to get sucker punched, make a mistake, have a keeper playing a worldie, or get punished for not putting it to bed.

Defence gets the criticism, but our conversion rate of chances to goals is the elephant in the room.

50 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

League is finished, it was weeks ago.

I said this in another thread, after the hearts defeat, and got slaughtered. 
it’s not even bottle, refs have no doubt totally fucked us,  But I think we don’t really have any winners in that squad. Morelos petulance and diving has again cost us this season. He looks uninterested at the minute. 
lots of different factors. 
Today was all down to katic, but I suppose changing it when we went 2-1 up was also a factor. 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

We were de facto top of the league at the turn off the year. It’s what’s happened in January that has fucked us over.

Maybe we rode our luck up till the break, there’s no reason that I can think of for such a massive drop in form.

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So Davis made an error leading to a goal, thanks for confirming that.

I confirm your bias against Davis results in you selecting him to be culpable despite what you've seen from the incident in the game and my synopsis.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Rangers_no1 said:

His negative change of bringing on Davis changed the games as well.

Bringing Davis on had no bearing on Goldson & Katic being unable to deal with a ball through the middle which led to the corner for another Katic error m8 

Just now, psb07158 said:

lol 1 of those signings was Henrik Larsson, no cunts finding a guy like that now

They didnt come at us with a significantly lesser budget. Our team was fucked, so it was a new scum  squad against an aged Rangers one out on its feet.

Theres next to no similarities between then and now.

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Both have experience winning league titles. 

Frank managed ajax to 4 and gio took Feyenoord to thier first in 18 years. 

Neither would be bad shouts tbh. 

Van Bronckhorst just took a job in China and De Boer is at Atlanta in the MLS. We don't have the money to pay off Gerrard, bring 1 of them in and give them any sort of decent budget to sign their own players

19 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Yes, and they are underperforming at an incredible rate, the players need to take responsibility for that aswell as the gaffer.

No manager on earth can prevent players making horrendous individual fuck ups, hes made and is still making mistakes of his own but he he generally owns up to that. Some are saying its embarrassing him calling out the players but if they aren't big enough to handle the honest truth then they shouldn't be at Rangers. They would be better at another club where the expectations aren't so high.

2 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

No manager on earth can prevent players making horrendous individual fuck ups, hes made and is still making mistakes of his own but he he generally owns up to that. Some are saying its embarrassing him calling out the players but if they aren't big enough to handle the honest truth then they shouldn't be at Rangers. They would be better at another club where the expectations aren't so high.

He called out no cunt today.

I'm raging he hasn't to be perfectly honest. Probs best he didnt though as the folk that want him sacked would say he's lost the dressing room, thrown players under bus, assassinated them blah blah.

He’s going nowhere but a tweak here and there in summer isn’t going to change things.

This squad lacks quality, a winning mentality and leaders.

I appreciate business wise buying young, developing players is the way to go but we need proven winners in there.

If some  big names are sacrificed to fund that then so be it.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm raging he hasn't to be perfectly honest. Probs best he didnt though as the folk that want him sacked would say he's lost the dressing room, thrown players under bus, assassinated them blah blah.

Sometimes what you don’t say speaks volumes.

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Van Bronckhorst just took a job in China and De Boer is at Atlanta in the MLS. We don't have the money to pay off Gerrard, bring 1 of them in and give them any sort of decent budget to sign their own players

I know, looks like we are stuck with SG for his apprenticeship, more inconstancy and false dawns for many years to come. Then he will walk away, down to England and walk straight into a half decent job no matter what has happened up here. 

Its clear now his appointment has been a critical error imo. 

It will only get worse between now and the end of the season. 

Once they get 10, the interest from the fans will wane massively (awaiting the Uber staunch mob to correct me)  but it will. 

If SG was the last chance saloon to stop them, then I’m sorry Dave King, you have ultimately  failed the club.  If it was your way of getting a box for life at Anfield then well done, you have succeeded. 

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Sorry mate, I actually never watched the interview. Couldn't be fucked. I was just going to by what some on here seem to be saying. I agree with you , these cunts need called out. They deserve no less. You can go on about formations and selections and mistakes the manager supposedly made but if this lot cant see out a game from a winning position against fucking st johnstone then it say a lot more about them than it does the manager.

Archived