Time for a new manager?

Dave Hedgehog

For me his last chance is the cup, he needs to win that and our league performances need to improve between now and the end of the season. If we go out on Saturday then he should be gone, no other Rangers manager would be allowed to go two seasons without silverware and oversee the capitulation Gerrard has since the break, things shouldn’t be different just because he was a great player.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give it till thursday and all will be good in here again. His defence let him down big time today as it has done since December. There are no quick fixes and he has little time between matches to try change our style of play completely against these park the bus teams. Should've learnt last summer or during the break and got the team to play a different style instead of running them ragged in Dubai. 

46 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Said it in another thread but I think he's gone in the summer. Getting to the last 32 will probably see him get a decent championship job. No way is he staying for their 10. 

You're bang on the money with that.

I wouldn't be surprised if this board aren't around either.

46 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Do we give him money to spend on bringing in better players only for him to play the same way against the absolute pish in this league? 

He's had plenty of time to figure out how to beat these teams yet isn't even attempting to change anything. 

We could play a 4-3-3 if we had the players that pass and move etc and wipe the floor with everyone.

17 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Give it till thursday and all will be good in here again. His defence let him down big time today as it has done since December. There are no quick fixes and he has little time between matches to try change our style of play completely against these park the bus teams. Should've learnt last summer or during the break and got the team to play a different style instead of running them ragged in Dubai. 

We’re not winning on Thursday. Mibbes Wednesday. 

I understand the frustration and disappointment with our form after the break, but i honestly think that the reaction in Bears Den  is OTT.  Typically on this board the reaction is  wildly optimistic ( when we win ) and absolute depression when we lose. 
I believe we have a bright dedicated, ambitious young manager ( who is also a fan of the club ).

The recent faults are player dominated errors , ( & please don’t say “ Gerrard bought the players” )  he’s not on the park.

Gerrard has given us victories against the unwashed, has improved us in Europe. The reality is we have a serious task on our hands to stop 10 in a row. We probably need to overspend big time and even with that they have more money to throw at this to try and ensure they are successful.

Our deficiencies have been against the smaller teams and so perhaps players with a stronger mental attitude are required.

I believe that the problem does not lie  with the manager....I’ll probably get dogs abuse for this but that’s how I see it.

If the results and performance continue then it has to be inevitable that something will happen. He signs the players picks the team and formations. Nobody is bigger than the club and success at this club is a default setting if you can't bring success then you won't be here. 

My worry is that he knows our defence is piss poor but keeps playing a formation that leaves them exposed to one on one situations yet he won't try anything different. Under Walter Smith we had some real back to the wall performances but won a lot of games by the odd goal. Winning ugly is still winning, today the game was won but we were still charging forward in big number's and pushing our defence right up towards the halfway line.

Gerrard will be here next season unless a job opportunity comes up that he wants. 

Now we probably all know at this point it's pretty tough to sack him, not that I personally am suggesting this, for numerous reasons. Is there a manager out there that is a serious possibility to bring in that can get more out of the squad?

Now amazingly we're still on course for 90 points (despite our recent abject league form),  can reach the last 16 in the Europa and can still win the Scottish Cup. Current form suggests we wont be in the last 16 and the Scottish Cup wont be won.

However, we've come on leaps and bounds since he became manager and I don't think any Rangers manager in our history has ever had to over come such a huge gulf in the top flight.

I think celtic this season have started to show the strength and depth that they've been growing for 8/9 years now and have been winning games at a ridiculous rate, if they do this again next year there is no way any Rangers manager with our current team or budget can keep up with it. We were/are always going to need celtic to drop off a bit before we win 55 and to be honest if we hadn't fucked about with Pedro and Murty we could have won the league 2 seasons ago. Not that this is an excuse for Gerrard to keep doing the same found out things over and over again.

21 minutes ago, wearethepeople1 said:

Probably fucking is 

anyone else would have been binned at end of last season 

he has made a howling cunt of it since we returned in January, but is immune from blame 

He’s immune from blame even though most of this forum have done nothing but blame him for weeks now? :lol:

25 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Is this right? Or is this Peado cunt at it?

79157DF9-B0DF-4CB3-8EDF-EEE807FB2733.jpeg

You surely should've been brought up no to trust any taig. It's at the 61% and warburtons stat is not entirely on merit with a season in the championship and no europe. If you want to compare then you have to compare to Smith etc.

55 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Is this right? Or is this Peado cunt at it?

79157DF9-B0DF-4CB3-8EDF-EEE807FB2733.jpeg

Bullshit. If you take the league where all these managers had equal opportunity unlike Gerrard who had to manage games in Europe where the chance of winning is less it goes Gerrard 67%, Murty 55% (both spells), Pedro 55% and Warburton 50%.

The argument could be made that budget played the biggest part in this with the manager with the smallest  budget being last and the one with the biggest being top. However that two years under Warburton, Pedro and Murty was an extension of the banter years. 

47 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Gerrard will be here next season unless a job opportunity comes up that he wants. 

Now we probably all know at this point it's pretty tough to sack him, not that I personally am suggesting this, for numerous reasons. Is there a manager out there that is a serious possibility to bring in that can get more out of the squad?

Now amazingly we're still on course for 90 points (despite our recent abject league form),  can reach the last 16 in the Europa and can still win the Scottish Cup. Current form suggests we wont be in the last 16 and the Scottish Cup wont be won.

However, we've come on leaps and bounds since he became manager and I don't think any Rangers manager in our history has ever had to over come such a huge gulf in the top flight.

I think celtic this season have started to show the strength and depth that they've been growing for 8/9 years now and have been winning games at a ridiculous rate, if they do this again next year there is no way any Rangers manager with our current team or budget can keep up with it. We were/are always going to need celtic to drop off a bit before we win 55 and to be honest if we hadn't fucked about with Pedro and Murty we could have won the league 2 seasons ago. Not that this is an excuse for Gerrard to keep doing the same found out things over and over again.

Well, we're in for a long wait then!

The longer it goes on the fans disappear and the business decision is made and it's cheerio from him!

Far less the shite he'll get from the fans.

Archived