*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Simply outclassed. You could see it from the off.  We're a pretty ragged looking bunch by comparison.

Our outballs are all too obvious down the flanks, not that we're getting too many. Nowt throgh the middle. Pretty nervous all round and just no one with the vision to create.

Need Hagi n now to see if we can do different and make a game of it, but a tall order by the looks of it.

We've done well to get this far, but teams are now just to good for us.

If we want to go further we simply need better players.

Dont rate this mob BA , we are handing it to them on a plate , playing like a bunch of scared lassies.........

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Spot on Brian , Gerrard has bottled it again here , this mob are average , we should never be sitting back like this at home against anybody.

Dont know how the fuck Davis started this......

How the fuck has Gerrard bottled it?

Ffs if we set up to really go for it and got cut open youd be first to greet he had been naive.

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Men against boys

3 in the midfield  against their 5

cluleless gerrard strikes again

Clueless Gerrard who has been behind our best European form since 2008? 

They obviously have a containment plan and it was working until Edmundson fucked it.

We do need to show more in attack when we get the chance though.

Aribo absolutely invisible. Same as County away. Needs to improve his input.

In general probably gave them alot of respect, should be pressing and playing higher but they are a dangerous team. 

Generally need some to step up. Kent has been nigh on useless and Morelos looks unfit and not very interestedb

3 minutes ago, hawkeye said:

We didn't back off from a world class Bayern side in 1972 , why do so now .

World of difference between the players we had then and these imposters we’re saddled with now.

We were starting to come into the game until the penalty.

See all this average side pish, Bayern are a top team, we aren't, you have too play to your strengths, if we made the game much more open we could get pumped and people would be on meltdown.

As it is we're still in it.

But some wouldn't be happy no matter. 

One stupid mistake apart, we weren't troubled. 

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I can’t remember the exact statistic but somebody posted it towards the end of last season or during the Summer.

Personally speaking, I think he’s shite. Never understood the hype around him or the clamour for him to play earlier in the season. Just looks like a stereotypical lower league/SPFL centre half to me. He’ll be playing for Rotherham or Swindon in a few years time.

This, edmundson is utter shite every ball in behind him he's lost, every game he's the same, management can't seem to see that

his handball was pathetic

If we take the game to this mob we’d get some success, no ones saying go gung ho just get pressing that back line and engage them higher up the pitch 

I’d rather go down trying than watch 45 minutes of us praying we don’t concede again. They’re Leverkusen not Real Madrid

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

How the fuck has Gerrard bottled it?

Ffs if we set up to really go for it and got cut open youd be first to greet he had been naive.

Dont you start yer pish tonight , he bottled it big time , this is not a great side. Their defence is as bad as ours , hes had us sitting back right from the off , no wonder they are coming at us.

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Nobody asks for an all out attack ffs. Some cunts on here just can't see a middle ground.

Really? you read some the match comments tonight go back at least 10 pages. when we played Braga in the last round same cunts out moaning as soon as the Hagi freekick went in they all disappear 

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theyve been comfortable and efficient, never really worried us. Unfortunately Edmundson has looked ropey, slipping about all game, the game a stonewall penalty from a stupid needless decision to raise his hands.

Weve looked nervous, poor in possession, too many not at it.

I'd settle for this tbh.

We are the home team. They haven't broke sweat ffs and runnng us ragged. 

The difference in class is rather obvious. We're looking like a rag, tag and bobtail outfit that cant string two passes together.

We need to do different

This is being played as though its a friendly. We cant get near them and they are happy just moving the ball about. Hopfully a better display from us the 2nd half will get the game going.

I do think their formation would suit us better than the one we currently use.

1 minute ago, ready1873 said:

Aribo absolutely invisible. Same as County away. Needs to improve his input.

In general probably gave them alot of respect, should be pressing and playing higher but they are a dangerous team. 

Generally need some to step up. Kent has been nigh on useless and Morelos looks unfit and not very interestedb

I actually think our best form early season was the period Aribo was out after his injury at Livingston. He is a talented lad but I don’t think he is suited to us.

Archived