*****Official Rangers v Bayer 04 Thread*****

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braga were in better form when we met them, although obviously the Bundesliga is a greater quality league. They won 4-0 against Eintracht Frankfurt yesterday and put out Porto in the last round. They are massive favorites but we seem to decide we are decent when we play in Europe. There is no reason we can't get a result however the players of the last few weeks need to bring out their European alter egos and show up.

2 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

Braga were in better form when we met them, although obviously the Bundesliga is a greater quality league. They won 4-0 against Eintracht Frankfurt yesterday and put out Porto in the last round. They are massive favorites but we seem to decide we are decent when we play in Europe. There is no reason we can't get a result however the players of the last few weeks need to bring out their European alter egos and show up.

On our day we are well capable of beating BL or any other team in this tournament. The problem is we dont know what Gers team will turn up on the day........

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

On our day we are well capable of beating BL or any other team in this tournament. The problem is we dont know what Gers team will turn up on the day........

Well in the league we know what team will turn up, in europe it'll be that team i.e the first 60 mins against Braga or the team full of fight and belief against Porto and Feyernoord.  Who knows tbh

4 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

1 3 or 1 4.

Theyve beaten juve and atletico this season in Europe. And then dortmund and bayern in. Germany. 

This is probably the toughest draw we could've got form wise 

They didn't beat juve, it was atletico and lokomotiv moscow

14 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Can’t start Hagi and Kent.

Needs to one or the other and get another player in who will scrap, chase and close down. 

One thing you can’t throw at Kent is his work rate IMO. Constantly pressing and tracking back, probably to his detriment.

Ties get harder the further you go - fact. I don't understand the whimpering from some that we may get humped. Would they prefer that we never got this far ?

I expect us to go at the Germans in both legs and, yes, it will be tough. But a bit of a break, here and there, and we could be in the quarter finals. That is all the incentive that anyone should need whether player or fan.

19 hours ago, CR3 said:

They just pumped Frankfurt 4-0 and we beat Ross County by a deflection.

Gut tells me 1-3 to the jerries and the highlight would be singing 10 German bombers.

Not to mention McGregor actually keeping us in the game.

Going with my Heart not my head so 2-1 to us.

Archived