Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

39 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Whats the betting Dundee get a friendly off of Hearts and celtic now?

I'd say it's a stick on for the taigs for sure and they'll probably use some tenuous link like the Gordon Strachan connection to give it a semblance of being above board.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised for the filth to have the brass neck to arrange some kind of mini tournament with Dundee and some of their other lapdogs, market it as a Corona virus fundraiser, pocket most of the proceeds themselves yet still receive universal praise for their charitable spirit.

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I'm as pissed of as a the next guy, but what is it folk expected the club to do here? We have no control over whether or not the SPFL want to press ahead an announce this resolution as passed. All we can do is judge the club on their response and so far we dont know what the first step is going to be. This is going to be months and months of back and forth. And, as much as I'd love to see it, anyone who think we are going to, or should, come out with everything we've got and just blow our load to the media off the back of a disappointing, but expected decision, wants to have a real think about it again. 

We're all pissed off. Let's see how the club handle it. 

This is my problem with this whole situation, Rangers shouldn’t have waited until after the resolution has passed to be responsive, we should have been on the front foot and gone on the attack, it’s now too late

With regards to a boycott, yes it's been tired before but that was also before the successful boycott against fat Ashley.

So now we know if we get behind it, it can work. The club won't be able to refuse tickets (no doubt there's a rule stipulating this) but we as supporters can refuse to buy them.

If the busses/UB/etc, stop going the atmosphere will be pish and I think people would stop going because of that. (My 1st away game was against D. Utd and I only say down at half time it was excellent.)

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I understand (kind of) that each SPFL team voted to benefit their club.

Raith Rovers and Dundee - if we draw either in a cup then club should refuse tickets.

Always said I love Rangers more than i hate our enemies.

Imo now though the only way to drive change is to financially deprive them money they budget for. It might hurt our team at away games short term, but as a fan base we need to do it as our Board cant do it alone.   Short term pain, long term gain.

Not sure if the new scheme means me declining away tickets kills my chances of Europe away briefs. Gutted if it does, but I'm out so fuck it that how it rolls.

8 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I don't really want to talk about reconstruction cos we all know the reason behind it but am I right in saying we just need one other Premiership team to say no? Who would that be now that Hearts have their arse up the spfl?

Anyone of the many that require the blue and begrudgingly green pound, the likes of hamilton etc won't give up a game against the OF for ones vs ICT and dundee united, that would cost them the better part of half a million 

9 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Unless they are prepared to break another rule for 2 years notice for restructuring never mind the fact the tv deal would no longer be applicable due to a change of format.

When the clubs that are to be relegated/miss out on promotion realise what’s happened it will be too late.

Paying the price for selling their integrity. Mugs.

The 2 year rule will form part of the vote for  reconstruction so as it can be ignored. On the TV deal , I’m sure pl will already have been in contact with Sky guaranteeing 4old firm games which is all Sky care for.

1 hour ago, MoodyBlue1872 said:

"4ladshadadream" (I know, I know) told us on Twitter, on Saturday, that Rangers had evidence of coercion, bribery, bullying and lying. 

It’s Wednesday evening, we’ve just been fucked over with the vote and there’s now talk of reconstruction to satisfy the teams that were also on our side.

Yet we are  told Rangers have some sort of master plan to bring this whole thing down?

If we’ve allowed this all to happen whilst sitting on the evidence which has been alleged above then we deserve everything we get in all honesty.

I’ll say it again, everybody in the game, including our club, knew and expected this outcome today. Rangers have not lost anything in this. Hearts, Partick & Stranraer are the clubs who have and they will know be bought off through league reconstruction where the political lobbying will already have started.

They didn’t expect the absolute shitshow that it ended up becoming and that is the story, not the awarding of a league that nobody with any credibility will recognise.

The issues of governance, due process, undue influence from certain clubs/individuals has been an issue for a number of years which has again been brought into the public domain through this shambles. 

To turn that around, attempt to remove those individuals is a long & difficult process that we started about 2 years ago. It’s also something we cannot do on our own. 

Will we succeed this time, I’m not convinced, but we’re closer than we have been. That’s the story, that’s the issue, that’s what needs support. It will take weeks and months if it is to happen, not hours and days.

If, as the club have said, they have evidence of wrongdoing then that makes their remove and wholesale changes at the SPFL more likely. However, that doesn't happen by shooting our load because folk have an urge for the club to say something every time somebody opens their mouth.

The club, through their prominent fan websites (H&H, 4lads etc) have asked for patience. It’s up to individuals whether they want to give them that. 

22 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Scum play 40 games? Doubt they'll go for that tbh.

Current bottom 6 risk of only 2 OF games plus likely 3 teams relegated? Some will likely reject that.

They will do as they are told just like they did for this vote. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Imo now though the only way to drive change is to financially deprive them money they budget for. It might hurt our team at away games short term, but as a fan base we need to do it as our Board cant do it alone.   Short term pain, long term gain.

Not sure if the new scheme means me declining away tickets kills my chances of Europe away briefs. Gutted if it does, but I'm out so fuck it that how it rolls.

If that scheme costs extra then it should be binned next season due to the Economic Downturn.

Thing with Rangers releasing a statement is it's better to have the facts of the situation, advice from lawyers and other advisers and finally make sure no word is wasted in said statement. I'd much rather a statement that does the job rather than one that vents frustration. 

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I understand (kind of) that each SPFL team voted to benefit their club.

Raith Rovers and Dundee - if we draw either in a cup then club should refuse tickets.

And if we draw them at home, sell all tickets for 50p on the basis that the fan buys a matchday programme for say 15 quid, 

Hand over their share in a a fucking coin bag full lf 1p coins 

23 minutes ago, Land Rover said:

They can say what they want , and no doubt they will .

But the truth is several NO voting clubs changed their tune because they were coerced with league reconstruction .

That is bribery and a noving of the goalposts , it is wrong and not in the spirit of the original vote .

Should have stood their ground as long as they could. It wouldn't have been their fault that the money was still in the SPFL's coffers as we now know there were other ways in which to share it out. Could have pressurised them for a good bit longer yet, at the very least made them sweat over it. Null and void was the sensible option, how can you win a title that still had games to play? Mental.

We should just rename the league the corrupt celtic lovers and be done with it.

Sporting anything has died in Scottish football. There is NOTHING Sporting about Scottish Football now.

No other team in Europe is begging for their title bar celtic and I hope NO ONE recognises scumdee hivs, raith or cove as champions either cause THEY WON FUCK ALL!

BRING ON THE COURTS!!!!

When Gerrard took over they mobilised against us. It was obvious they were fearful of what he could achieve. He must wonder what he has come in to. Biased refs, corrupt officials and the game ran by our nearest rivals, a vile media.

Next season is going to be a hate filled experience.

We stand alone. 

working from home has enabled me to look in almost all day here, even now I find myself popping in, hope upon hope we are back on the front foot regards this. I'm just torturing myself minute by minute.

Speaking to a few Dundee boys, they are at a loss as to what the yank has done to them and the way people view them, given that lot the championship is unforgiveable for them, and they cant see the benefits they will reap, but they feel it must be something substantial

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’ll say it again, everybody in the game, including our club, knew and expected this outcome today. Rangers have not lost anything in this. Hearts, Partick & Stranraer are the clubs who have and they will know be bought off through league reconstruction where the political lobbying will already have started.

They didn’t expect the absolute shitshow that it ended up becoming and that is the story, not the awarding of a league that nobody with any credibility will recognise.

The issues of governance, due process, undue influence from certain clubs/individuals has been an issue for a number of years which has again been brought into the public domain through this shambles. 

To turn that around, attempt to remove those individuals is a long & difficult process that we started about 2 years ago. It’s also something we cannot do on our own. 

Will we succeed this time, I’m not convinced, but we’re closer than we have been. That’s the story, that’s the issue, that’s what needs support. It will take weeks and months if it is to happen, not hours and days.

If, as the club have said, they have evidence of wrongdoing then that makes their remove and wholesale changes at the SPFL more likely. However, that doesn't happen by shooting our load because folk have an urge for the club to say something every time somebody opens their mouth.

The club, through their prominent fan websites (H&H, 4lads etc) have asked for patience. It’s up to individuals whether they want to give them that. 

We’ve been down this road just too many times mate, and it’s the same outcome time after time. 
Nothing will change the same faces will still be there we will still be getting told what to do and the boot will be firmly placed back on our throat. 

It’s know your place H** scum again. 

Remember when the scum took the SFA to task in 2010 - had it in for Gordon Smith and Hugh Dallas. Took on a QC that was never off Newsnight Scotland, Sportsound, STV/BBC Scotland News - just seeking "clarification". Eventually the referees went on strike, Smith and Dallas were sent packing - and then the real fun begins with the EBTs in 2011/12. That is how you get change for your benefit, scunnered us for years.

Our lot??? Absolutely no chance of anything happening bar a strongly worded statement that will lead to the square root of f all. Why have they been so silent since Saturday??

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Well said 👍🇬🇧

6 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Rangers, just give us something. Be happy to wait, but give us something. 

Put it this way if they’ve got fuck awe we are stuck in a bheggar purgatory time warp for the foreseeable!😡😡😡😡😡

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Agreed  . pick and choose our away games . i know we will always have guys wanting and moaning for away tickets . It's in the blood . Been there .

Times are different now . Clubs are deliberately shafting us imo , just because they want to . Kilmarnock for one , St Johnstone soon in another way .

We help them survive and we get absolutely no respect . They hate us . Why do we keep funding them .

I will not give HIVS , Sheep , Utd , Kilmarnock , St Johnstone and others any of my money now . I would only consider going to possibly a few away grounds .

It's no drama . Just what i want to do . Every bear needs their football fix . I just feel more and more like speeding away days in the pub.

The amount of shite decisions going against us in these games is another matter all together 

6 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

Thing with Rangers releasing a statement is it's better to have the facts of the situation, advice from lawyers and other advisers and finally make sure no word is wasted in said statement. I'd much rather a statement that does the job rather than one that vents frustration. 

Partick managed to get top class legal advice in the time our Chairman moaned about a Fenian cunt hating us. 

Archived