Squad Ins and Outs Discussion

McGregor, McCrorie, Firth

Tavernier, Patterson, Polster, Barasic, Goldson, Hellander, Katic, Edmondson, 

Jack, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Hagi, Aribo, McCrorie, Docherty

Morelos, Defoe, Kent, Jones, Stewart, Barker, Murphy

26 currently on the books

Out - Foderingham, Halliday, Flanagan, Rossiter, Holt, Alnwick (min £40k in wages)

Sell Morelos (a cert imo) £15m, Kamara (£5m) - £20m in and another £30k in wages

Sell or loan Stewart, Barker, Murphy (probably max £500k in fees) anther £20k wages. (of these I'd rather keep Murphy than the other 2)

With the £90k wages and £20m I'd look to bring in 3 quality players - striker, right wing and midfield plus cover at left back and a second cheaper striker (would take a chance on Dykes rather than Kamberi) and pay the £4m for Hagi 

Right wing was a constant problem last season with Arfield, Aribo, Hagi, Stewart all tried but in reality all square pegs in a round hole and none formed a partnership with Tav in the way Candeias did.

We have good midfielders but no-one who really dictates and runs games week in week out 

Quality striker will score plenty in SPFL and this is all that matters for the next 12 months.

There is nothing between us and them, in fact I think we are better on first picks, but we need to find the final pieces of the jigsaw to beat the rest of the crap in the SPFL EVERY time we play them

Most of all we need to be bursting for it

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

Need a winner who knows what it takes.  Someone like Naismith, who's got at least one good season left in him would be perfect, especially with Hearts going down.

Naismith has barely kicked a ball this season because he’s so injury prone now. Pretty sure he missed almost half the season actually. 

A veteran injury prone player who the majority of our support hate is the last thing we need.

As a general observation we really need to avoid signing more squad players. Our squad is already bloated and bringing in more ‘Brandon Barker type’ players is not the answer. We need to bring in players that can take us on a level. My worry from last season is that while on our day we could beat anyone we had far too many poor performances and the fact that I still couldn’t tell you our best midfield or defensive partnerships is worrying. We need players that can perform consistently if we are going to win anything. At the moment we have players playing 8/10 one week then 4/10 the next hence constant changes. A squad playing 7/10 across the season will win the league and at least one cup. 

37 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Naismith has barely kicked a ball this season because he’s so injury prone now. Pretty sure he missed almost half the season actually. 

A veteran injury prone player who the majority of our support hate is the last thing we need.

I'll take anything to win the league next season.  Fuck principles.

1 hour ago, the cry was no said:

McGregor, McCrorie, Firth

Tavernier, Patterson, Polster, Barasic, Goldson, Hellander, Katic, Edmondson, 

Jack, Davis, Kamara, Arfield, Hagi, Aribo, McCrorie, Docherty

Morelos, Defoe, Kent, Jones, Stewart, Barker, Murphy

26 currently on the books

Out - Foderingham, Halliday, Flanagan, Rossiter, Holt, Alnwick (min £40k in wages)

Sell Morelos (a cert imo) £15m, Kamara (£5m) - £20m in and another £30k in wages

Sell or loan Stewart, Barker, Murphy (probably max £500k in fees) anther £20k wages. (of these I'd rather keep Murphy than the other 2)

With the £90k wages and £20m I'd look to bring in 3 quality players - striker, right wing and midfield plus cover at left back and a second cheaper striker (would take a chance on Dykes rather than Kamberi) and pay the £4m for Hagi 

Right wing was a constant problem last season with Arfield, Aribo, Hagi, Stewart all tried but in reality all square pegs in a round hole and none formed a partnership with Tav in the way Candeias did.

We have good midfielders but no-one who really dictates and runs games week in week out 

Quality striker will score plenty in SPFL and this is all that matters for the next 12 months.

There is nothing between us and them, in fact I think we are better on first picks, but we need to find the final pieces of the jigsaw to beat the rest of the crap in the SPFL EVERY time we play them

Most of all we need to be bursting for it

What’s the point in selling the buff then hunting about for a quality striker 

14 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

I'll take anything to win the league next season.  Fuck principles.

He’s not going to help us win the league though. He turned up against us (surprise, surprise) but he’s broken down and always injured. There’s no way his body could hold up to the schedule we have to play.

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s not going to help us win the league though. He turned up against us (surprise, surprise) but he’s broken down and always injured. There’s no way his body could hold up to the schedule we have to play.

Wouldn't need to.  Better impact player than Ojo, Barker, Murphy, and probably even Defoe. 

9 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Hopefully Barker, Stewart, Jones, Murphy, Polster and Docherty next to leave.

The players we let go were out of contract. The players you mention are under contract and will be very hard to move on.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If true, this makes my day. This kid is a star in the making if we play him in the right position.

Which we wont because it would required a change in system and we all know that we can only play 1 way!

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Yet was, by an absolute country mile, the best player on the park in cup game..

6 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Cunts wanting Naismith need their head examined!

”I owe Sevco nothing” - Steven Naismith 2012

Not even due to that but based on current ability/age/injury record it would be a bogging signing.

at new year i guarantee none of the players being slaughtered on here would have crossed your mind to being sold. unless alfredo for big money.

something has happened within our club i would like to understand. Because when we beat the tarriers and went top at their own ground we had a good team.

mentality seems to be an issue. Players do not become bad overnight. mixing it with big euro teams and beating them at their own ground.

although we do have a bench full of average players who have failed to contest the first team for their places.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Yet was, by an absolute country mile, the best player on the park in cup game..

A one legged has been making cunts out of us was painful stuff. Squad should have been booted up and down for that...and Gerrard too

Archived