Bayer 04 Leverkusen VS Rangers - Match Thread

8 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

I agree.  Great game to help us get more up to speed with league.  But. if we can get first goal early doors, game on.

If we get a draw with a good performance or just nick a win will give us good confidence even if we go out. I think we are better suited to play on the counter so you never know if we get the first goal early we could put them on edge and then anything can happen. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be honest I just want us to get through this game without receiving any serious injuries. Would be nice to put in a good performance for our confidence levels but we have no chance, even a 2-0 win would still result in us going out. I wouldnt be against giving the younger players the experience of playing a European game at a good level but we would run the chance of being embarrassed. 

2 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Not yet, hope so tho different class, looks effortless for a player as young, reminds me of a young Thomas Muller, don’t think he fulfilled his potential though as mad as that sounds, seemed to peak around 24/25

Had a good season there, think he got a ridiculous amount of assists. Wouldn't say he didn't fulfil his potential personally. Maybe a season or two dip but all together a great career

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Had a good season there, think he got a ridiculous amount of assists. Wouldn't say he didn't fulfil his potential personally. Maybe a season or two dip but all together a great career

I know that’s why I said mad as it sounds, boy had an amazing career but done it all by mid 20’s then seemed to tail off, great career though and Havertz defo reminds me of him 

3 goals without reply to big an ask against a German side that can just sit in if they wish , no idea how many games Leverkusen have played since the German league started , I’d definitely play our strongest 11 though, got to give it a bash 👍🏻👌🏻

I find it a bit silly not being able to play any new players. We're in an okay position in terms of numbers but there will be teams out there who will have sold quite a few players and will struggle to field a proper team.

Surely it won't be like this for the remainder of the competition as the longer the transfer window goes on the higher the likelihood that teams will lose players who were part of their original registered group of players?

8 hours ago, Cedrick said:

3 goals without reply to big an ask against a German side that can just sit in if they wish , no idea how many games Leverkusen have played since the German league started , I’d definitely play our strongest 11 though, got to give it a bash 👍🏻👌🏻

None. They haven't played in over a month, and don't play again until 18 September. For Europe next season, they are straight into group stage.

To be eligible, players must have been at the club on 2 Feb.

Havertz is still there.

It is a real shame we conceded that third goal, I suspect that they will be cold and there for the taking. They may even see a EL tournament in late August as a distraction they would rather avoid - although the EL winner gets CL entry.

Bizarrely, EL 20/21 qualifying will have started before the 19/20 final - so if we win the tournament, it will mess up the number of teams in Q2 (as we would now be in the CL)

For all the good reasons listed by others I think that we go into this with an decent outside chance. If we can get to half time with a lead then it's game on.

We are definitely more suited to this type of a game than we are facing 11 thugs on plastic. 

22 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Bayer 04 Leverkusen VS Rangers

Date : Thursday 6th August 2020

Time 5:55pm

Location Bayarena, Leverkusen

Previous Game Highlights :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViuNSyiha_I

Rangers Team News :  TBC

Bayern Team News : TBC

Streams : TBC

So close but a massive fail as a match thread with team news for a team we’re not even playing.

59 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

For all the good reasons listed by others I think that we go into this with an decent outside chance. If we can get to half time with a lead then it's game on.

We are definitely more suited to this type of a game than we are facing 11 thugs on plastic. 

If we can take the lead and give them a scare It will make it interesting.

I think it is to much of an ask to go through now but I would love to see us come away with a great performance and even a win.

4 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

None. They haven't played in over a month, and don't play again until 18 September. For Europe next season, they are straight into group stage.

To be eligible, players must have been at the club on 2 Feb.

Havertz is still there.

It is a real shame we conceded that third goal, I suspect that they will be cold and there for the taking. They may even see a EL tournament in late August as a distraction they would rather avoid - although the EL winner gets CL entry.

Bizarrely, EL 20/21 qualifying will have started before the 19/20 final - so if we win the tournament, it will mess up the number of teams in Q2 (as we would now be in the CL)

Aye 2v1 we might have been in with a good chance 

Archived