Clive Tyldesley

PromDeAnglais

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Lord Lockin said:

Thought at one point Walter was going to ask him to give it a break :lol:

He's probably got too much to say for the segment time that's allocated. As I said, I think he'd be better suited to an in game spot where he can call the game as it happens. 

10 minutes ago, Swally said:

do you think a manager like walter in his prime would go down well with todays players?

i think he'd still be a great manager but i get the feeling he'd have to tone things down a bit for the snowflakes :lol:

I think there's still a place for that fire in the dressing room, if it gets results

1 hour ago, Swally said:

do you think a manager like walter in his prime would go down well with todays players?

i think he'd still be a great manager but i get the feeling he'd have to tone things down a bit for the snowflakes :lol:

He was arguably in his managerial prime just 9 years ago. Not a lot has changed in the game since then and besides, he’s calmed down considerably from the Walter of the 90s. 

The Walter of 2011 would have no bother motivating and commanding the respect of the players by his sheer presence/integrity.

2 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

He was arguably in his managerial prime just 9 years ago. Not a lot has changed in the game since then and besides, he’s calmed down considerably from the Walter of the 90s. 

The Walter of 2011 would have no bother motivating and commanding the respect of the players by his sheer presence/integrity.

The game has changed absolutely massively in the last decade. 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18687846.clive-tyldesley-joining-Rangers-wouldnt-say-no-celtic-becoming-part-scottish-football-scene/

He has just retweeted this article. Not going to lie, this has made me think a lot less of him. He's not a Rangers fan and I don't need him to fall in love with us or fawn over us but I would quite like him to be loyal and not try and whore himself out to our most hated rivals.

13 minutes ago, DinViesel said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18687846.clive-tyldesley-joining-Rangers-wouldnt-say-no-celtic-becoming-part-scottish-football-scene/

He has just retweeted this article. Not going to lie, this has made me think a lot less of him. He's not a Rangers fan and I don't need him to fall in love with us or fawn over us but I would quite like him to be loyal and not try and whore himself out to our most hated rivals.

It’s like he’s grovelling to them, get him to fuck. 

I knew he wasn’t a Rangers fan which didn’t bother me but this is bollocks.

“It is nice to read favourable opinions, especially when it is a St Johnstone fan that has watched the game and was impressed by my professionalism.

“That probably means more to me than somebody welcoming me to the ‘Rangers family’ and telling me that I am one of ‘The People’.

17 minutes ago, OhW said:

“It is nice to read favourable opinions, especially when it is a St Johnstone fan that has watched the game and was impressed by my professionalism.

“That probably means more to me than somebody welcoming me to the ‘Rangers family’ and telling me that I am one of ‘The People’.

What a complete arse, never understood why he was so highly thought of, rather have Tom Miller ,one of our own

26 minutes ago, OhW said:

Really?  I know he's a hired hand but whilst he's here I'd expect a bit more loyalty tbh

26 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

What a complete arse, never understood why he was so highly thought of, rather have Tom Miller ,one of our own

Tom gets slaughtered on here for being a fan of the club. Hope this clown is only here short term and we get one of our own back in......

shock... pro commentator that doesn't support Rangers tells news outlets he doesn't support Rangers...

hardly the end of the world, he can take any gig he can get since leaving ITV, I wouldn't fault him for that. Owes us nothing, and we owe him nothing. 

When shit gets back to normal he probably won't be here, he'll only be here during this season with games being on RTV, they wanted to spruce up the quality of the package for fans. 

Much as we love Tom, he isn't the best commentator out there.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Never got the adulation for this guy , hes 66 and nobody else would give him a job thats why he took it.

Hate to think of the amount of cash we are blowing on him.........

4 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

We pay him , he works for us , couldnt give a fuck what other jobs he does. Another boardroom shambles..........

tenor.gif 

7 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

tenor.gif 

Another hero , wasnt aware he had other jobs. Now I know we must have threw a bucket load of cash at him to take ours.

Wee bit of checking up on the guy and they would know which Glasgow club he prefers and has done for years........

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

You do realise he doesn’t just work for Rangers, and has other jobs.

I’m not raging about the article. I just think he’s a bit of a typical patronising English fud. 

Archived