Aaron today?

Boab

I thought he did ok. He didn't really stick to the left wing position though, he drifted in to the centre a few times. Though I suppose he did that to try and recieve the ball, as for some reason no one was giving it to him.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The youngster was hardly gold dust however and struggled when things got physical in a similar way Chris Burke used too.

Many fans have been saying “he [Niguez] should have been starting months ago,” but I think it was clear today why he hasn’t. The Spaniard struggled to stay on his feet and even against a 10 man opposition {due to Hamilton’s injury nightmare] he rarely had a go at his man.

He also drifted too much for me, if Rangers are going to play Steven Davis at right mid, who constantly drifts then we need some sort of constant width, at least until the ball is at his [Niguez]feet.

I’m sure all concerned were happy with his first start as was I. However, he’ll need to hit the gym or sharpen up his pace if he is to be a Rangers regular but there is no doubt he is a talented player.

The youngster was hardly gold dust however and struggled when things got physical in a similar way Chris Burke used too.

Many fans have been saying “he [Niguez] should have been starting months ago,” but I think it was clear today why he hasn’t. The Spaniard struggled to stay on his feet and even against a 10 man opposition {due to Hamilton’s injury nightmare] he rarely had a go at his man.

He also drifted too much for me, if Rangers are going to play Steven Davis at right mid, who constantly drifts then we need some sort of constant width, at least until the ball is at his [Niguez]feet.

I’m sure all concerned were happy with his first start as was I. However, he’ll need to hit the gym or sharpen up his pace if he is to be a Rangers regular but there is no doubt he is a talented player.

Aaron was told to come inside. Every time the ball went into the box he was lurking on the edge of it.

Harsh apprisal.

Also, in the second half i'd have moved him up front. They had two banks at the back and were doubling up on him. When Quique Flores gave him his debut for Valencia, he was paired just off of Francesco Tavano (a brick shithouse who is good in the air and strangely pacey) and it worked well.

How can a penalty that hits the back of the net be poor? doh.

The aim is to score, that's what he did.

I found that a strange comment - I'm sure Baggio, Pearce, Waddle, Vieri, Beckham....would loved to have scored a 'poor penalty' doh

How can a penalty that hits the back of the net be poor? doh.

The aim is to score, that's what he did.

I found that a strange comment - I'm sure Baggio, Pearce, Waddle, Vieri, Beckham....would loved to have scored a 'poor penalty' doh

My point exactly.

Surely he should be praised for having the nads to do the same thing again against a very good keeper in Cerny.

But hey, he's young, foreign and trying to make a name at Rangers - let's slaughter him for nothing!

If a player misses a penalty and the referee blows for it to be re-taken, can the penalty taker be changed or does the original person have to take it?

I thought the original taker had to take it?

i thought he done well was always marked or had someone following him i like the way he moved into space or looking to make a bit of space when off the ball and i wonder why papac fergie and a couple of others went down the right rather than give the wee guy the ball and see what he could do

after all hes looking to impress for next weeks final

Aaron was trying to hard but had a decent game for his first start.

Whittaker had a very good game and showed why we bought him and i hope he gets his run in the team and Broadfoot is dropped .

Lafferty gives you more than Boyd as he is mobile ,holds the ball up and chases the ball.

Mendes was excellent as was Davis and big Boogie(are you Amo in disguise) was excelent to.

The critisism of Papac in relation to Arron is largely unfounded IMHO - Arron didn't get the passes because he had either drifted inside or was standing still. - He looks a good prospect but needs to learn how to stay wide and present himself into space and he totally faded at end despite the fact Hamilton were down to 10 men.

He had an ok game, but as been pointed out the service to him wasn't exactly brilliant, for a winger to have a good game they have to be given the ball!

I don't think he will start against Celtic, I think Fleck will be brought back in and Aaron on the bench, would be interesting to see him in the semi final against St Mirren (even though hopefully a lot more before then), as Papac will be suspended and Whittaker might play there instead, as I'm sure Whittaker would give him the ball and might be a good foil for him against Whittaker's performance yesterday.

Didn't do badly at alland looks like he's been at Ibrox for years.

Papac seems to have a problem passing to whoever is playing at left mid though. He lost the ball 4/5 times today with ridiculous passes when there was an easy ball on to Aaron.

The few chances Aaron got to swing in the dead ball were pretty impressive though, his corners especially look very good. He'd be a starter for me next week.

That's him played about two hours of football for us now - 2 goals and 4 assists is it? Good return.

tbh i saw it the other way 3-4 times papac tried to play the simple pass to aaron and he ran away from the ball.

he did ok nothing special but then no-one had to be special Sunday as we were never tested all afternoon. 6/10 from me.

I thought he was rather poor tbh, I am certainly not writing him off not by a long shot, but yesterday I just thought he was poor.

He seemed to run out of ideas when one-on-one with the right back and I didn't think he hit one decent cross.

Although he did have a couple nice passes going forward, including the one he realised Miller to win the penalty.

Need to see more bravery when one-on-one with defenders, as he'll have more pace than most defenders in the SPL, but it was his first start so with more confidence he'll become more relaxed therefore more willing to unload a bag tricks on defenders in Scotland. Hopefully.

I find it odd that some people rate a good penalty by whether it goes in the back of the net or not!? Yes it is important that it gets scored but still, my opinion is hitting a penalty straight down the middle of the goal is an incredibly shit penalty! I've seen them saved so many times. I like people to blast a penalty into a top corner.

He wasn't that great TBH. Good bottle for the pen.

Hamilton stuck their RB on him and he pretty much followed him everywhere. The wee man was also getting nailed whenever he received the ball.

He showed some nice touches but he also gave the ball away on several occasions. Definitely tired towards the end and I reckon he'd have been hooked if Magic didn't have to come off. I'm glad that everyone seems to be quite patient with him on here (tu)

I like the look of him and hope he gets more first-team exposure. McCoist is clearly a fan and is keen to use him when he's in charge of the team.

His corners were awful. he had one decent corner out of about 5 or 6.

He did look lively when he gets on the ball but looks a bit lost at times on the wing, I dont think its Papac not passing to him its Aaron not finding the space.