Will we make a signing now the extra cash is secured?

will we make a signing now extra euro cash is secure?  

230 members have voted

1. 1. ?

• yes
    • no

voted no, what extra cash btw??

Where have you been for the last four weeks?!

The thing is that extra cash as everybody is banging on about, might be used on tying up Novo and Boyd on longer contracts or the difference on us being able to hold onto one player that we would have had to cash in on like....Mendes etc.

This ain't a blank cheque for us as we ain't out the woods yet. Although we should hear a statement from our new chairman soon.

I disagree, its the difference between opex and capex mate, big BIG difference. Opex we have, if we can gain some capex we can buy

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

voted no, what extra cash btw??

Where have you been for the last four weeks?!

The thing is that extra cash as everybody is banging on about, might be used on tying up Novo and Boyd on longer contracts or the difference on us being able to hold onto one player that we would have had to cash in on like....Mendes etc.

This ain't a blank cheque for us as we ain't out the woods yet. Although we should hear a statement from our new chairman soon.

I disagree, its the difference between opex and capex mate, big BIG difference. Opex we have, if we can gain some capex we can buy

I disagree, it's not as big a deal as many are making out.

Time will tell of course and having a new chairman changes a few things, but as for tonight money it ain't a green light for us to go out and spend big on new players, and what i mean big is the extra money raised.

Nothing has changed! We still have no leeway on our overdraft allowance; any money from player sales goes to interest payments and reducing the loans.What we get from champions league tv share next June does not affect how the bank views the club at present.The increased revenue from gate receipts and points bonus may help in the next window depending on the state of finances in.the next annual report.

The welcome departure of the former chairman changes nothing in financial terms, as does Timmy, as predicted everywhere, not getting through the new tougher qualifying games.

We are getting the exact sum of money we probably knew we were getting, and our budgets have not changed.

The only chance we have of a signing that costs money, is if we lose 2 first team players for a substantial fee each.

I for one am hoping I dont get proven right on this one, but only 127 hours to go until we know for sure.

We will struggle without a quality centre back as cover, but as reported by Walter and Ally, we have Kirk, Lee and Sasa as CB cover before Wilson gets a game, so they must think we are all right there!!

This must be Weirs last season and Boughera seems like he would take a move at the end of the season so its best to bring a new CB in now. We dont have adequate cover for this position right now either so I think Walter will make a signing.

If we dont sign a CB, its going to be a huge gamble playing Davie Weir for yet another full season, including European football where i really fear he may become a liability against top class Strikers. He will be fine in the SPL, but even against top 4 or 5 SPL teams, he will still struggle now and again.

I doubt we will sign anyone, but if we do manage to sign a decent centre back, it would be a huge boost for us.

We won't sign anyone, which is somewhat dissapointing but (so far) we've kept our best players and that's far more important as players like Bougherra and Mendes are far more talented than any of the 'potential signings' we've been linked with.

Even more reason to bring in a signing after the Champions League draw!

We simply must make a signing before the window closes. That defence is far too weak!

Even more reason to bring in a signing after the Champions League draw!

We simply must make a signing before the window closes. That defence is far too weak!

We have 4 days, apparently are receiving almost 20M squid, and have a new chairman.

But it doesn't alter the fact that we're in a financial mess and we can't actually afford to sign anyone. At least, that's what former chairman SDM said.

I'd be interested to see if Johnston shares this view - perhaps he'll come out with a surprise signing or two.