Golf

kplfishtank

9 hours ago, Professor_Chang said:

Playing Lenzie Open on Saturday. Golf game is improving week on week but still way off it.  Thinking another lesson next week.

Practice makes perfect mate. Should binge the Rick sheils videos. My chipping constantly let me down. Watched a tonne of his stuff and got the handicap down from 28 to 15 from the beginning of last summer. 

15 hours ago, Professor_Chang said:

Playing Lenzie Open on Saturday. Golf game is improving week on week but still way off it.  Thinking another lesson next week.

Might come and watch and just hurl abuse at you 

Bogeyed the last 2 for an 82 yesterday. Normally I can move on but for some reason I'm still annoyed. Especially the last. Decent drive. Good lay up it's a par 5. Shanked the bump and run into the trees. 17 th good drive. Not a great 2nd but 3 putted from just off the green. 

Played off 3 in the 80s but loving the golf more than ever. 

Whats everyones thoughts on custom fitting?

Got a custom fit a few years ago for clubs. Ping irons and Callaway driver.

To be quite honest, I genuinely dont know if I find it any advantage whatsoever. I think I would just adjust the tiny fraction to make it work.

Sure the shaft stiffness will obviously count, but you can usually tailor that without going full custom fit.

Im tending to think that its a bit of gimmick with minimal gains that is used mostly to get you to buy from a shop rather than going online and picking up a bargain.

On 26/04/2023 at 20:56, gary73 said:

Bit biased as I'm a member but Caldwell is a really good course! Played there last night!

Caldwell is the closest course to me ive yet to play. Going to soon, maybe even tomorrow. 

What is that bit over the road from the clubhouse? Is it just a big practice area? Do you buy balls for it or what?

54 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Caldwell is the closest course to me ive yet to play. Going to soon, maybe even tomorrow. 

What is that bit over the road from the clubhouse? Is it just a big practice area? Do you buy balls for it or what?

I played Caldwell a couple weeks ago.  

No you hit your balls and collect them

You hit them up towards the hill then go grab them.

There's a bunker and chipping green, there's a driving net at the first tee too.

There's also a live video of the tee off that you can watch online for when you slice it into the trees

Great course mate. First par 3 is amazing, watch for the streams 

2 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I played Caldwell a couple weeks ago.  

No you hit your balls and collect them

You hit them up towards the hill then go grab them.

There's a bunker and chipping green, there's a driving net at the first tee too.

There's also a live video of the tee off that you can watch online for when you slice it into the trees

Great course mate. First par 3 is amazing, watch for the streams 

Aye I used to drive by it every morning before I was even intae golf and think that place looks class.

You played fereneze is that worth a go?

7 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

First time I have broken 75 in a medal for 3 years today, 72 with 4 lip outs, fuck knows what my handicap will drop to 

on another note recommend Harburn through at West Lothian, nice course great greens.

Excellent scoring. Congrats.

On 20/05/2023 at 17:47, ready1873 said:

Aye I used to drive by it every morning before I was even intae golf and think that place looks class.

You played fereneze is that worth a go?

First few holes at Fereneze are brutal! Took me until the 7th to get my breath back!! But a nice course!  you want a round at Caldwell give me a shout and I'll sign you on, £10 visitor fee I think

36 minutes ago, gary73 said:

First few holes at Fereneze are brutal! Took me until the 7th to get my breath back!! But a nice course!  you want a round at Caldwell give me a shout and I'll sign you on, £10 visitor fee I think

Aye bad as Routenburn? If you've played there ofc. Cheers for the offer mate.

Been needing new irons cos I've been using old Titleist 690.CBs with stiff shafts and they're fucking brutal. Unforgiving as fuck. 

Opted for Callaway Mavrik 22 steels. And a Callaway X hot 3 wood tae as needed to fill a gap. 

The 5 iron on the mavriks is 21° fs! The 3 iron on they old Titleists was 22°. Is that just the way modern irons are made?

Looks like Koepka will be taking this one barring some collapse.

Means since Mcilroy has won a major in 2014: 

Koepka will have won 5 and overtaken Mcilroy (inc today)  

Spieth will have won 3

Thomas, Morikawa, DJ & Rahm will have won 2

I don’t see the likes of Scheffler, Rahm, Morikawa and Thomas slowing down - they could all feasibly overtake Mcilroy in majors alongside Koepka.