Kheane blames Scottish pitches for him being shite!

strar8

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/celtic/158295-robbie-keane-poor-pitches-havent-helped-me/

Robbie Keane: Poor pitches haven’t helped me

Celtic star not impressed by surfaces at Aberdeen, Dunfermline and Kilmarnock after move from Tottenham Hotspur.

Celtic striker Robbie Keane has said it is too early to judge his performances but said that the condition of Scottish pitches has not helped his game. The striker has scored twice in four appearances for Celtic, at Aberdeen and Dunfermline, but said he was looking forward to his second appearance at Parkhead.

“I’ve only played one game at home and the rest have been away on bad pitches, which didn’t really help,” he said.

“On Saturday [at Pittodrie], the pitch was horrendous. I’ve never played on one like that.

“We just need to get a few back-to-back wins to kick us on. I’m looking forward to Saturday’s game against Dundee United. It will be nice to come back at Celtic Park and play on a bit of grass."

Celtic let slip a two goal lead against Aberdeen to draw 4-4 and Keane said the side would be looking to make amends next tie out. With the Old Firm match against Rangers set for the following weekend, Celtic will be hoping to pick up three points to keep their SPL title hopes alive.

“I think it’s important when you have a bad result – we didn’t lose, but we should have won – that you bounce back, and that’s what we are looking to do,” Keane said.

“On Saturday we didn’t get the result we wanted and that we should have got. But that will come with games and a lot of the younger players getting experience.”

The Republic of Ireland striker also said that he felt his personal form would improve. Keane said he wanted to be judged over his full loan spell at the club and not just his first few games.

“The last few games, the keepers have been pulling off saves left, right and centre. You expect that when you come up here. People will try to do their best against you. That’s just the way it is,” he added. “I’ve got a couple of goals now, and I’m sure there will be a lot more to come before the end of the season.

“There is always pressure as a striker to score. The hype about me coming up here obviously adds to the pressure but that’s outside pressure, it’s not within me. I’ve had pressure all my life playing at big clubs to score goals, which I’ve done.

“Two goals in four games is not too bad. But I’ll be hoping that, come the end of the season, to score a lot of goals, touch wood, with no injuries. I’d like to get judged towards the end of the season rather than four games in.”

Last updated: 18 February 2010, 13:33

“The last few games, the keepers have been pulling off saves left, right and centre" sure its not just you not being able to finish ya sack!

Fuck him,if your a good player you should be able to play on any surface no matter what.That's him getting his excuses out early before he heads back down south with his losers medal that's if they finish second :D

“The last few games, the keepers have been pulling off saves left, right and centre. You expect that when you come up here. People will try to do their best against you. That’s just the way it is,” he added.

Fanny doh

What do you expect the goalkeepers to do... let you score doh

“The last few games, the keepers have been pulling off saves left, right and centre. You expect that when you come up here. People will try to do their best against you. That’s just the way it is,” he added.

Fanny doh

What do you expect the goalkeepers to do... let you score doh

He must be use to those really shite keepers down in England who let you score for fun. :craphead:

I wonder what the next excuse will be when we pump them on a pristine Ibrox pitch.

It was loud. Ears were hurting. Couldn't concentrate. Wore the wrong type of studs.

Or, the pitch was too good.

He's a moany little runt, isn't he? Fits in rather well with that lot.