Time to bring back the Ibrox tournament?

MisterC

Just been reading about the possible summer tour of USA and possibly Canada wich reminded me of the other night when I was thinking how good it would be if Rangers were to stage a wee pre season tournament at Ibrox as we did in 1994 and 1995. Be good if we could get one on the go maybe even as a one off. Who would you guys like to have come and play? For me it would be good if it was Chelsea, Hamburg and AC Milan were to come, I dare say Chelsea and Hamburg would bring a fair contingent with them and maybe Milan too, either way would be some party! Thoughts?

Just been reading about the possible summer tour of USA and possibly Canada wich reminded me of the other night when I was thinking how good it would be if Rangers were to stage a wee pre season tournament at Ibrox as we did in 1994 and 1995. Be good if we could get one on the go maybe even as a one off. Who would you guys like to have come and play? For me it would be good if it was Chelsea, Hamburg and AC Milan were to come, I dare say Chelsea and Hamburg would bring a fair contingent with them and maybe Milan too, either way would be some party! Thoughts?

It would certainly help the financies and would be great for the fans so why not! I would be all for it! (tu)

Be a good boost for the local economy as well. Lets face it to have something like this instead of friendlies against lower-middle EPL sides would be so much better and be better attended, plus theres potential for TV money and other sponsorship if the teams are lucrative enough.

Aren't Hamburg and Milan in the Emirates tournament this summer? I know Milan are cos Fly Emirates will be their new sponsor.

Chelsea, Real Madrid and Inter would make for a good tournament at Ibrox :D

Aren't Hamburg and Milan in the Emirates tournament this summer? I know Milan are cos Fly Emirates will be their new sponsor.

Chelsea, Real Madrid and Inter would make for a good tournament at Ibrox :D

I would love to be in the Emirates tournament again, had a brilliant weekend down there.

Absolutely no interest in pre-season friendlies or friendlies in general - if it was financially good for the club, then it can only be a good thing.

Ive always said the Narsa convention in Vegas is an ideal time, if we could get a couple of clubs involved - and if one of their grounds is availablle, then the city will be heaving with Gers fans, everyone's a winner.

Club make money, the fans in the states get to see their team and Narsa will get a larger turnout.

Considering that we couldn't even sell out our Champions League home games this year ( in part because the teams we drew weren't glamourous enough IMO) I think it's safe to say that unless the big boys came calling very few people would actually be interested in a pre season tournament at Ibrox.