Ambitions for Champions League?

dmac456

My ambition is that we at least try to attack at Ibrox instead of encouraging opposition attacks.Come on Walter, don't be shy give it a try!We do not have the players like Hemdani and Ferguson who can read games,keep possession and make accurate passes and were able to make the 4-5-1 work as was proved in our last two european fiascos.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We got an extra 3 mil now for Celtic not qualifying so if we can't strengthen the squad now we will never strengthen it.

Because in my eyes we need to strengthen our squad to have any chance of competing in Europe never mind getting past the groups.

Squad is not big enough also.

Anyone at the CL games this year that tells me to sit down when singing will be punched squarely on the beak.

Who is with me? :pipe:

Come on Papa,try to multitask; sit down and sing!

I'm with papaguy on this one...and get docspiderman a zimmer :lol: Sit down to sing? fuck that for a gemme of sojers.

At the Sydney football stadium we stood for every game and sang ourselves hoarse, so that's what it should be like at Ibrox.

I'd rather see 25,000 fans inside Ibrox roaring and singing for 90 minutes than have a full stadium of whinging handwringers and subway loyal sweetie eaters who think they are at a game of fucking Bingo where you have to shut up and not make a noise....Give them malky, guys! (tu):21::clap:

PS: I do realise that doc was on the wind up :wink:

Qualification from the group to last 16 would be a success.

Go through group stage unbeaten would be fantastic.

Like to see us win our games at Ibrox especially.

The onus for me must be on gaining respect around Europe again and we can do that by holding our own in the Champions League. Let everyone know we are no easy touch.

I would say 3rd as a minimum - no reason why we shouldn't be aiming for 2nd, we did it with McCleish with a low budget squad and Rangers have been able cause upsets before.

Realistically though, I just hope we put up a good fight and don't get embarassed like last year.

Like Papa said, Id rather we came out fighting and got outclassed than sat back and watched the other team play and still get outclassed. Parking the bus worked when we had good defensive midfielders like Barry, KT and Hemdan and also strong front men who can hold the ball like Cousin and JCD. Obviosuly we will still play a 4-5-1 type formation and counter attack but I just hope we put up a fight!!