***The Official Rangers v Bursaspor Thread***

Muff

I think walter has started this formation to hopefully dominate the early game, and then bring on Weiss to turn us into a more attacking unit, this should help us avoid concededing a goal and thus on a good platform to win the game

(tu)

Glad to see someone has their brain in gear tonight. Patience is the key in any home CL game for us. The most important thing is not to concede an early goal. We need to retain possession as much as possible and, when Bursaspor open up, which they undoubtedly will, we can go for goals.

1-0 win will do me, but I actually think we'll get more than that. :21:

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks.

Which part? Do you want me to walk you through the goal? He doesnt pick up runners mate and it isolates davie at the back. The Bursapor wingers will pick up on this and it will cause overloads everytime we lose the ball and thet break. We need at least 9 outfield players who can defend tonight and sadly weiss isnt one of them. Im happy with the team and think the tactis are spot on. We will win and keep a clean sheet. Im not saying weiss should play a part. When the game is strechted he can open any team up. However , I dont think playing him from the start is a good choice!

I must be the only one happy with the tactics. Yes, we need the 3 points but a clean sheet is a priority, and if we concede the first goal, we all saw happens when we have to chase a game in last seasons campaign.

It's not as if we can't change to a more attacking line up later in the game - However, I would be annoyed if it got to 65 mins and was still 0-0 and walter didn't go for the 3 points.

Was thinking along the lines of Andy, but with Whittaker/Naismith swapping wings. I'd like to think so....

But before we all go mental, if it gets us a 1-0 last minute win, or we hammer them 5-0, lets wait until 9.30pm before judging the line up. This team is virtually unknown, and caution in the CL (especialy for "smaller" teams like us) is the best idea.

Well, that's the team so that's who we have to support. We can snivel all we like that Weiss isn't playing but it's the 11 players on the park that will do the job for us. And then hopefully Weiss can come for the last 25-30 min and prove Walter wrong (or right ;) ).

Patience is the key and the side that Walter has chosen 'should' not concede early. That gives us some time to properly size them up.

0-0 at the half. We hammer them in the second half. Which is what we've been doing most of the season anyway.

I was fairly certain this would be the line up so no surprises for me.

I am however disappointed nonetheless because if we don't play our strongest starting 11 against the supposed weakest team in the group at home then we are never going to play it.

I understand were Walter is coming from regarding balance etc but I feel he sometimes gives the opposition an advantage because he pays them (too much respect). The script is written now even before kick off. Surely at home the onus is on us to pressurise the visitors ?

Was thinking along the lines of Andy, but with Whittaker/Naismith swapping wings. I'd like to think so....

But before we all go mental, if it gets us a 1-0 last minute win, or we hammer them 5-0, lets wait until 9.30pm before judging the line up. This team is virtually unknown, and caution in the CL (especialy for "smaller" teams like us) is the best idea.

unirea says hello

that stuff is ofansif for a champions league away game.

ivan ergic and batalla are not strong engouh and dont make enough press.

svenson will play second full time play with the team.

omer erdogan and stepanov full back are slow. ı prefer ibrahim öztürk to milan stepanov fot this match