We are having a minutes silence v Celtic. for the ibrox disaster.

It should be a silence to remember people who died just going to watch the football like the vast majority of us do each week as do the fans of Liverpool and Bradford remember their fans.

The only time applause is appropriate is for a club legend on an anniversary in the years after their death, ie first year silence, years after that applause.

It should never be applause, the Rangers way is to stand with your head bowed and in silence. The only reason it was changed was because the scum could not behave themselves.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this was my greatest fear about the old firm game on the 40th anniversery

they scumbag bastards doing what they do best. i bet you should something happen there will be nothing about itin the news.

at least we would still have our dignity and pride for the 66

RIP absent friends

i guess it will be ammended to applause but didnt they make a howling cunt of the last min silence

cannie mind what it was for and it was v us at ibrox

You're probably thinking of the minutes silence at the 20th anniversary which was not fully observed by timmy. Might not be popular view on here but I was there that day and I would say the vast majority of them did respect it but it only takes a small minority to abuse it for it to sound horrendous when there is complete silence for the majority.

The vast majority of Celtic fans will observe it, in a minutes silence the odd few idiots can ruin it but that's how it is. They'll probably be a few idiots in our own support who are more bothered about Celtic fans behaviour than the minutes silence and start kicking up a fuss of their own.

From now until that game people should constantly remind every Bear they talk to about it to not rise to their bait.

They WILL disrupt it, and unless people are made aware of it Bears will react to it.

Let them do it, we know they will and they know it too, just show your respect for the people lost for the full minute.

It will and should only be a minutes silence, the only time a minutes applause could be used is when celebrating the life of a former professional footballer who died of natural circumstances and only if that's the way any remaining family want them to be remembered.

There is nothing to applaud about the Ibrox disaster and even though I think the Celtic fans who will be at this match will honor a minutes silence, if there are a few moronic idiots who spoil it then I hope our fans continue with their silence and don't retaliate to any provocation.

How nice would it be if we had a peaceful minutes silence. We can only hope that it isn't disrupted, but there always will be some idiots who will ruin a moment that should be perfect.

Like others said, do not rise to the bait until after the minute silence is over, if we cannot remember it peacefully as a support, remember it peacefully as an individual. The only thoughts during the minute, should be of those who lost their life that day.

R.I.P

It will be disrupted, absolutely no doubt about it. I wouldn't even try to kid on that anything other than that will happen.

I remember the last one at Ibrox they interrupted. The boo they got from us at the end of the silence was one of the loudest things I've ever heard anywhere.

P_I_B took the words right out of my mouth with his post!

A minutes applause is to celebrate the memory of a life that was ended by natural causes, not one that was taken away from us by a disaster or dreadful event.

There is nothing to laugh or smile about when we bow our head to remember that terrible day in our history, so it is only right that we pause for one minute to pay our solemn respects to members of the Rangers family.

I know it's hard to remain silent when the cretins from the other side put on their usual party piece during a tribute, but our supporters shouting them down is not a sensible idea, because we will have risen to the bait and sullied the memory of those we are remembering.

Hopefully all in the stadium can pay their respects in the correct manner. I'm sure the vast majority of celtc fans will behave themselves impeccably, hopefully they all will.

Whatever they do though, please for fucks sake DO NOT REACT to any non-observance of the silence. Remember what the silence is for and respect it as such.

Correct and Correct 00000042.gif

The club has already said it WILL be a minutes silence, no mention of applause. As for the celtic support I think the vast majority will observe the silence If only not to show themselves up infront of the world. This is a time for quite reflection within ourselves together as a support. So please don't rise to their bate untill AFTER the the whistle to end the silence

It will and should be a minute silence. We are remembering a disaster in which so many people's lives were destroyed. How can that be applauded?

But the minute applause idea is a good one in general I think, but solely for individuals who have passed away and are being remembered and appreciated for their efforts when they were at the club.

Our fans reacting last year made the silence worse, hopefully everyone keeps quiet this time

It was humiliating when our fans reacted back, I was embarrassed, they were just as bad as the tims.