Referees are against Celtic

H72

Referees are against Celtic - Gary Hooper

Gary Hooper thinks referees "want" to give decisions against Celtic because they are one of the world's big clubs.

The striker was asked if the Glasgow side have a disproportionate amount of decisions given against them.

"We are one of the biggest teams in the world and everyone wants to beat us, all the teams," said Hooper.

"The referee wants to give a decision against us so he can say something after the game. I think all the big teams get it."

Dundee United goalkeeper Dusan Pernis's challenge on Hooper at Tannadice has led to a chain of events that has rocked Scottish refereeing.

A Scottish Football Association investigation concluded that referee Dougie McDonald was correct to overturn the awarding of a penalty to Celtic in their 2-1 victory.

But McDonald admitted lying immediately after the game about the reasons for his decision.

Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell was meeting with the SFA on Wednesday after writing for clarification about the matter, which also led to assistant referee Steven Craven resigning.

And Hooper thinks that Celtic did not get a fair deal from officials.

"Maybe because referees want to give decisions against Celtic, I don't know," he said.

"Maybe because he can tell someone he gave a decision against one of the biggest clubs in the world."

Hooper thought it would be difficult for McDonald to referee a Celtic game again.

"We'd maybe not trust him," said the striker. "He might made a decision that is going to be everywhere three weeks after the game again."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/9156191.stm

This has to stop.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its totally pathetic. The SPL should fine them everytime they claim the referees are against them. Surely its bringing the game into disrepute? They are the only team in the world that cannot accept a defeat, its really not normal and in a way quite disturbing that from top to bottom, the people involved at celtic believe there is a secret masonic agenda against them <cr>

There is so many incidents I can think of so far this season where rangers have been shafted by the referees and the SFA ( assaults on our players, retrospective punishment to mcgregor for not even touching the player etc.) The difference is that we just man up and get on with it.

Does anyone know what Hooper was like before he joined ra hoops? In other words, has he always been a mouthpiece prick?

I know that all new signings at Torbett Towers undergo the standard indoctrination programme, but even by their low standards this guy is an embarrassing gobshite.

But McDonald admitted lying immediately after the game about the reasons for his decision.

No further explanation. The reasons for his decision were that he realised he got it wrong. The lie was to say the linesman called him over, presumably because McDonald didn't want to have his windows broken that evening.

This has to stop, the SFA have to take some sort of action because this is getting beyond a joke! :mad: :mad:

Me and my dad were just talking about this, basically saying that the SFA cant win. If they do nothing then the tims will claim its because there is a conspiracy, however if they start punishing the likes of hooper for their comments then they will whinge about being victims all over again.

Having read this earlier he just strikes me as a not very bright boy trying to endear himself to the scabby hordes. He contradicts himself right, left and centre. Celtic are one of the biggest clubs in the world and just get on with these things their way? He can't see the irony of that statement when he's talking about it 3 weeks later? He's been dangled a juicy worm by the journo and has been hooked, spouting just the pish they want to hear. As I said, not very bright.