Dingwell

Sentry

With due respect, he was responding directly to my post which said:

He refuted this by claiming some mean catholic. I agreed that some do, then posted what I posted. His point is an attempt at a counter-point to mine, so I don't think my post was misplaced.

Well, you compared 'Fenian' and 'Happy Birthday' which is a strange comparison to make, I thought that was the post he was replying to. Whatever the original meaning of the the word fenian its etymology is considered by many people to mean catholic. You agree with this so the point is moot, but we shouldn't sing it because it is currently illegal.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, you compared 'Fenian' and 'Happy Birthday' which is a strange comparison to make, I thought that was the post he was replying to. Whatever the original meaning of the the word fenian its etymology is considered by many people to mean catholic. You agree with this so the point is moot, but we shouldn't sing it because it is currently illegal.

No it isn't.

Yes it is, the club have banned it and repeatedly told us that. Surely that's not even up for debate.

so all of a sudden we now have;

no sightings of any letter from UEFA

no banning of any songs by UEFA

the club allegedly telling us its banned by UEFA

what are we to believe

Is that the same as illegal? <cr>

Well in the context of this conversation it is.

If you want to try singing it outside Partick Police station then go right ahead, you can let us know what they charge you with.

thats debatable.

would they have to prove i was trying to kill bp if i shot him 18 times and he lived

You would be convicted on your own admission that you shot him 18 times, arraigned with your finger prints the gun and the bullets, you would be convicted of attempted murder, for which you would receive a community order. For being such a piss poor shot and a probable danger to yourself, you would get detention at her Majesty's pleasure in Carstairs.

so all of a sudden we now have;

no sightings of any letter from UEFA

no banning of any songs by UEFA

the club allegedly telling us its banned by UEFA

what are we to believe

I'm not sure if this is a bash Dingwall thread or a bring back the Billy Boys one, or indeed both. All I know is the song is banned and the club have repeatedly asked us not to sing it. What input Uefa, the SFA, Strathclyde Police or indeed David Murray's personal preference has on it isn't something I can't shine any light on.

The issue isn't whether TBB is banned but whether it was banned by UEFA and whether there will be any sanctions imposed on THE CLUB if the song is sung.

Personally, it seems obvious the whole UEFA issue is bullshit and anyone who cares to sing the song should just get on with it. There is no UEFA threat. There is only a certain group of people who benefit from pulling the wool over supporter eyes, chief amongst whom is the bastard David Murray.

The issue isn't whether TBB is banned but whether it was banned by UEFA and whether there will be any sanctions imposed on THE CLUB if the song is sung.

Personally, it seems obvious the whole UEFA issue is bullshit and anyone who cares to sing the song should just get on with it. There is no UEFA threat. There is only a certain group of people who benefit from pulling the wool over supporter eyes, chief amongst whom is the bastard David Murray.

:clap:

What would the 'benefit' be for him then?

You would be convicted on your own admission that you shot him 18 times, arraigned with your finger prints the gun and the bullets, you would be convicted of attempted murder, for which you would receive a community order. For being such a piss poor shot and a probable danger to yourself, you would get detention at her Majesty's pleasure in Carstairs.

i think i could get of by saying i was just clumsy.

:clap:(tu):clap:(tu)

And may I just add

Hullo Hullo

We are the Billy Boys

Hullo Hullo

You'll know us by we're noise

We're up to our knees in fenian blood

Surrender or you'll die

For we are the Brigton Derry boys.

Get it learned youngsters.

i think i could get of by saying i was just clumsy.

You could wave a sheet of paper in the air, and claim UEFA have declared you are banned from being found guilty, I am sure M'Lud would be suitably impressed and award you a holiday in Saltcoats. Apparently the waving of a sheet of paper definitely works, according to some who are easily led.

Well in the context of this conversation it is.

If you want to try singing it outside Partick Police station then go right ahead, you can let us know what they charge you with.

Yeah,but you stand outside a polis station singing Kumbaya at the top of your voice for long enough, you'll get lifted. It don't make Kumbaya illegal.

The Law has to be in the context of right or wrong and I don't think the issue of songs at the footy has been addressed fully, other than a trendy New Labour vote rigger in the Glasgow area.

This Sectarian 'law', whatever it is, is a fallacy. No one knows what is 'legal' or not.

Songs or comedy my be offensive... but criminal???