Boxing and MMA

Saudi on a Saturday night/Sunday morningĀ is an awful venue, not least because the weekend is Friday and Saturday here. It won't get underway until after 2am here.

It's like havingĀ  fight at 2.30 am on a Monday morning in the UK.

I'm in the Middle East and won't see the fight due to, like most people, I am working the next day.

Been a lot of grumbles from ex-pats saying the same thing. We have got a massive fight - and indeed sports event - right on our doorstep, and most of us won't get to see it live.....

Sort of defeats the purpose of having it here.

Ā 

Ā 

4 hours ago, Badger said:

Saudi on a Saturday night/Sunday morningĀ is an awful venue, not least because the weekend is Friday and Saturday here. It won't get underway until after 2am here.

I'm in the Middle East and won't see the fight due to, like most people, I am working the next day.

Been a lot of grumbles from ex-pats saying the same thing. We have got a massive fight - and indeed sports event - right on our doorstep, and most of us won't get to see it live.....

Ā 

Ā 

It's all to appease the British fans so they'll buy the ppv. It's on at a great time here in the UK. 9pm start I read with the walkouts at 8.45pm.

14 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Is that for the main event mate?

Yeah, taken from the sun:

Antony Joshua and Andy Ruizā€™s rematch will start atĀ 9pm GMTĀ this Saturday, December 7 ā€“ that is 11pm in Saudi Arabia.

The ring walks for the main event have been confirmed by Sky Sports forĀ 8.45pm.

10 hours ago, maverick1200 said:

Yeah, taken from the sun:

Antony Joshua and Andy Ruizā€™s rematch will start atĀ 9pm GMTĀ this Saturday, December 7 ā€“ that is 11pm in Saudi Arabia.

The ring walks for the main event have been confirmed by Sky Sports forĀ 8.45pm.

Its midnight in Saudi. 1am in the UAE.....Ā if its on schedule.

Having it out here, then moving it to a time that's inconvenient as fuck to those living here, just proves that the money talks and Saudi just buying in the prestige.... but the fight would never be shown at like 7pm on a Friday night (in the UK).

15 hours ago, Badger said:

Ā 

Ā 

Do they birch you if you throw a sickie Badger??

19 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Pulled 10 this year n still got promoted, donā€™t know if that says more about me or my company lolĀ 

also cunts missing my amazing joke 2 posts up can fuck right off, even screenshotted it.Ā 

Some canny see the woods for the trees.

10 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

Pulled 10 this year n still got promoted, donā€™t know if that says more about me or my company lolĀ 

also cunts missing my amazing joke 2 posts up can fuck right off, even screenshotted it.Ā 

You should branch out into comedy