Boxing and MMA

Groves was well in front and heading for a deserved win. Also Froch in a complete and utter bellend

He actually wasn't though and that's the thing...sure we would have all scored it differently but Groves was ahead by 1 point on two of the cards last night, come the end of round 9 you would have been looking at probably a 10-9 Froch at best for Groves which would have had them tied up at the very least.

I actually think Froch had him in Round 9 although it would have been interesting to see if the finish did come to be without the Ref's intervention. Groves fought very well but lost his way in the last couple of rounds, making mistakes that are bourne out of inexperience.

Should the two of them have the rematch...which they really should...I have a feeling it won't go anywhere near as long as 9 rounds.

Groves may well of went down, but it's equally feasable he ties Froch up, and survives the round - it happens all the time in boxing.

He did tie Froch up, the referee broke them up then Groves staggered back and got hit with at least five unanswered shots while backed up on the ropes. Saying it's equally feasible he would have survived that round is a serious stretch as far as I'm concerned - you could tell he was gone at the break, long before the final flurry of punches from Froch. Short of catching him with a blind shot out of nothing I don't honestly see any way he was going to survive that.

He did tie Froch up, the referee broke them up then Groves staggered back and got hit with at least five unanswered shots while backed up on the ropes. Saying it's equally feasible he would have survived that round is a serious stretch as far as I'm concerned - you could tell he was gone at the break, long before the final flurry of punches from Froch. Short of catching him with a blind shot out of nothing I don't honestly see any way he was going to survive that.

I agree and as much as I feel for groves the ref, by not giving it a few seconds more 'robbed' froch of what would have been a memorable comeback and we would all be talking about how good a fight it was and what a comeback it was instead of all the negativity and unfair accusations!

Spot on but I had my money on 10-12. I like Froch but I think we have a superstar in the making in Groves.

Why was that fat prick Naseem hamed given air time before fight what a wank of a guy and loved seeing him getting skelped all over the ring in his day.

And defeated 9 current, former or future world title holders.

Yeah, the common accusation from people who have literally no idea what they're talking about is that he was a fraud who was found out the first time he fought top class opposition. Medina, to name just one, retired a five-time world champion.

He obviously never fulfilled his talent, but most fighters would love to have his career. And he didn't just beat top class fighters, he destroyed them.

Hamed must be the most underrated British fighter ever. He lacked two things - discipline and heart. Never stopped people loving Best or Gazza.

I loved Hamed. He could of been an all time great if he would of kept his discipline and trained.

I loved Hamed. He could of been an all time great if he would of kept his discipline and trained.

I'd love to know how he would have fared against the big name featherweights of the 00s if he hadn't lost motivation and stayed fit. I think he loses to Marquez (and obviously Barrera) but has a chance at knocking out Morales and Manny.

I'd love to know how he would have fared against the big name featherweights of the 00s if he hadn't lost motivation and stayed fit. I think he loses to Marquez (and obviously Barrera) but has a chance at knocking out Morales and Manny.

I think he gives them all a great fight and could beat them all bar Marquez. I think he could of beaten Barrera if he hadn't lost his way.

We can say Rios was made to order for Manny, and he was, but he still shut him out decisively and controlled everything. I've never seen Rios so defensively minded, so Manny at least deserves credit for his victory.

If we are to laud Mayweather over his performance against Guerrero then Manny deserves equal credit for how he dealt with Rios.

I think he gives them all a great fight and could beat them all bar Marquez. I think he could of beaten Barrera if he hadn't lost his way.

Obviously he has a puncher's chance against any of them, except probably Marquez who goes down a lot but always gets up, but he would have had to do more than just stay on the straight and narrow against the others. A LOT less clowning and more sensible defence would be pretty crucial.

Manny was quite impressive last night, his footwork is still outstanding. But as said Rios is a come forward plodder who's best attribute is his durability and ability to take a punch - absolutely tailor made for Manny and a great bit of match making for a come back fight.

I will maintain that I recall no decent fighter, whom is in the latter stages of their career, come back and be the same fighter after KO as brutal as the one he suffered. When Manny is getting hit with hard punches from a guy who is using angles and counters, we'll see if he is anything like the same fighter.

I'd watch Pac-Bradley 2 or a 5th fight with Marquez.

The thing about the "is Paquiao done" stuff is that all he's really suffered is a loss to a guy who was always a terrible matchup for him. The Bradley loss was a ridiculous decision, so it basically comes down to him struggling against Marquez in a couple of fights - just as he struggled against Marquez when he fought him 9 years ago as a 25 year old. He was brutally knocked out, but if you fight a guy who's a bad matchup for you four times you're bound to lose one of them.

I still think Pacquiao has a lot to give and he showed that last night against Rios - who's by no means a great fighter, but has such an advantage in terms of size that it was always going to be a tough fight. Pacquiao wouldn't beat Mayweather, but I never at any stage believed he would do that anyway. He could definitely beat Bradley, though.

I actually think he would beat both!

Father time looks to be catching JMM, and I don't think Bradley does anything outstanding (he just doesn't do anything particularly badly).

Well, he already beat Bradley, despite what the judges say, but I think Bradley is a tough out for any fighter in the division and it's an easy fight to sell.

Pacquiao-Marquez is also easy to sell and it guarantees to be a good fight so I'd be fine with seeing it again.