Boxing and MMA

Rockhold's my favourite guy, but he had that coming. Perfect example of how winning the title can be the worst thing to ever happen for a guys attitude. Weidman would have took him out as well.

Delighted for Bisping tbh

Can't say I've ever been a Bisping fan but first British champion is some feat. Really do feel sorry for Faber, he's one of those fighters who seem to miss out on the belt by a whisker every time. Some story for Cruz though after his many injuries.

I've been avoiding the internet until I watched the fight card. What a win for Bisping, i thought Rockhold would win,  but he deserved to be Ko'd for being a smug twat. You could see what it meant to Bisping. Its good to have a UK champion. 

Also glad Cruz won, he dominated Faber. 

Just watched it now. Some finish from Bisping. Rockhold looks pissed and rightly so. Clearly underestimated Bisping. Chuffed for Henderson, thought he did great and the Poirier fight was excellent!

As soon as Joe mentioned his chin, you just knew Bisping was going to KO him. Rockhold tries to fight like Silva, but doesn't have anywhere near the ability and more importantly the chin of Silva.

Can't wait for Nate to school McGregor again. 

Cockhold is by far the superior fighter in the weight class but his arrogance caught up with him just like it did with vitor.

you will now see a division full of mental midgets call out bisping as he looks an easy fight but ask anyone who has fought bisping.hes tough and an experienced pro.

Max Holloway for me last night became the one to watch in the featherweight division.

Fell asleep before the Cruz fight and Bisping fight. After a great day out I come home to see A British MW champion because rocky thought he just had to turn up and Bisping nailed him :uk: absolutely fantastic considering nobody gave him a chance and Rockhold was the same. 

Who will Bisping fight next I reckon Weidman will go in and take it straight off him but I honestly hope he can defend it for a few fights.

Cruz love him or hate him what a fucking ninja and very worthy champion his movement and the shots he picks are amazing and even Faber said he has hidden power in his shots now that is respect.

Roll on UFC 200 and cannot believe Lesnar is back but who is everyone going for in the main event?

51 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Lesnar vs Mark Hunt @ 200.

That is a difficult fight and an interesting one as well. Hunt has shit takedown defence and can bang but Lesnar doesn't have the best chin however he is deceptively quick and an animal when it comes to wrestling. 

I'm glad they didn't stick him in with Mir again.

EDIT: Old school grappler vs striker.

Anyone seen this crazy shit with Ariel Helwani?

Getting banned for doing his job.

The UFC should have known that anything involving WWE that he'd likely get the scoop, as he's a massive WWE mark who actually knows insiders, in particular Brock's friend Heyman. 

4 minutes ago, Da Kool Blue said:

Anyone seen this crazy shit with Ariel Helwani?

Getting banned for doing his job.

The UFC should have known that anything involving WWE that he'd likely get the scoop, as he's a massive WWE mark who actually knows insiders, in particular Brock's friend Heyman. 

Yeh I read about it yesterday, the UFC are coming across as spoilt brats. Plus I never knew Dana had a hand in his sacking at ESPN. 

Watched the Ariel Helwani podcast live earlier, had a lump in my throat seeing the guy absolutely heartbroken at not being able to do what he loves, for not doing anything wrong. 

Stated that the UFC have threatened him numerous times, fired him a couple times and it was Lorenzo who told Fox to sack him from UFC tonight etc. He also mentioned although never went into detail that at one time one of the UFC brass got physical with him. Which I've read on twitter was at 172 when he asked a question about Chuck Liddel fighting Jon Jones and he was pinned against a wall and choked by a member of security. 

To top it off, Ariel suggested that the UFC have missed the boat on the promotional strategy with regards to the Jones - Cormier fight at 200,saying they should be promoting that fight as the No. 1 vs No. 2 fighters in the world going toe to toe, giving Cormier credibility by stating he moved up to Heavyweight won all his fights then moved back down because his friend Cain Velaquez was champ and the only man to beat him was Jones. It was a great idea from Helwani and the UFC being the UFC have in the last half an hour via their twitter sent out a video promoting the fight as the No. 1 vs No. 2.

Wish Ariel all the best. Best in the business. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Watched the Ariel Helwani podcast live earlier, had a lump in my throat seeing the guy absolutely heartbroken at not being able to do what he loves, for not doing anything wrong. 

Stated that the UFC have threatened him numerous times, fired him a couple times and it was Lorenzo who told Fox to sack him from UFC tonight etc. He also mentioned although never went into detail that at one time one of the UFC brass got physical with him. Which I've read on twitter was at 172 when he asked a question about Chuck Liddel fighting Jon Jones and he was pinned against a wall and choked by a member of security. 

To top it off, Ariel suggested that the UFC have missed the boat on the promotional strategy with regards to the Jones - Cormier fight at 200,saying they should be promoting that fight as the No. 1 vs No. 2 fighters in the world going toe to toe, giving Cormier credibility by stating he moved up to Heavyweight won all his fights then moved back down because his friend Cain Velaquez was champ and the only man to beat him was Jones. It was a great idea from Helwani and the UFC being the UFC have in the last half an hour via their twitter sent out a video promoting the fight as the No. 1 vs No. 2.

Wish Ariel all the best. Best in the business. 

Yeah, that Podcast was really hard to watch.

It's not like the guy was banned for some underhanded bullshit such as delving into athletes personal, which we've seen members of the sports press get banned for here in the UK, the guy was essentially doing what all football journalists do every year when it comes to reporting player transfers.