Boxing and MMA

I went to bed after the Reem fight - I was struggling like fuck to keep my eyes open.

Only just finished catching up with the rest of the fights.

Glad I went to bed to be fair, cause that main event was trash :lol:

Thought the women's fight was decent, as was the Teymur/Vannata fight too. (can't see Lando having a long career taking hits like that consistently!)

That main event was one of the worst title fights I can recall watching.

I thought Wonderboy won to be honest. In a weird way though, thank fuck he didn't or we might've had to sit through a trilogy fight!

Also, think Rashad should probably hang up the gloves...

12 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

5 on the round mate .It was silly odds and I believed what bellew said .Haye would crumble in later rounds .Not a fan but I sensed it was on for s later round 

Didn't realise you meant the round mate.

Had a few too many Jack D's

Apologies :cheers:

7 hours ago, lidorfc said:

So the 2 judges that scored the fight for Woodley gave him 10-9 rounds in rounds 2,3 and 4. That is mind boggling, they gave Thompson round 5, even more mind boggling. 

[edit]

Just rewatched it.  Thompson being given round 5 when he landed significantly less strikes and less cage control is odd, and for another judge to give it a 10-8 round to Woodley when it was nothing like a 10-8 round is odd. It seems like the 2 judges that have given Woodley round 2 did so because of 4 significant strikes landed by Woodley to Thompsons 0, but overall strikes were even and Thompson controlled the Octagon for the full round. I think neither of them won it and it was a draw, again. I really, really hope Damian Maia chokes out Masvidal and gets a title shot, he deserves it.

Whenever I hear Sal D'amato's named as a judge, I know 9 times out of 10 there is going to be some fuckery, either with him or one of his buddies. 

8 hours ago, Supersonic said:

I went to bed after the Reem fight - I was struggling like fuck to keep my eyes open.

Only just finished catching up with the rest of the fights.

Glad I went to bed to be fair, cause that main event was trash :lol:

Thought the women's fight was decent, as was the Teymur/Vannata fight too. (can't see Lando having a long career taking hits like that consistently!)

That main event was one of the worst title fights I can recall watching.

I thought Wonderboy won to be honest. In a weird way though, thank fuck he didn't or we might've had to sit through a trilogy fight!

Also, think Rashad should probably hang up the gloves...

Was utter dog shit just watched it. Wonderboy should have got it as Woodly spent 4 rounds on the back foot with the crowd booing fuck out him.

Just now, Band of Brothers said:

Your rite sorry bud forgot the end interviews and they both got it. :duh:

I didn't watch the interviews, it's just that in my head I was booing both of them :lol: so I imagine most people were booing both also. I appreciate a tactical fight, but that was just two fighters scared to pull the trigger and being unwilling to risk losing decisively. I'm completely torn on how I think it went, scoring wise I would probably give it to Wonderboy, but I just think a draw would have been the fairest result. I think it is clear that Woodley is the better fighter though, 10 rounds with Thompson doing very little, I reckon we will see a trilogy fight in a few years.

2 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Lots of boxing news today. Fury hinting at comeback,Malignaggi retiring.

All the drugs must be out Fury's system now then.

I'm glad Malignaggi is quitting, he just doesn't have the power to continue. He can't keep fighters off him for 12 rounds.

2 minutes ago, maverick1200 said:

All the drugs must be out Fury's system now then.

I'm glad Malignaggi is quitting, he just doesn't have the power to continue. He can't keep fighters off him for 12 rounds.

Cracking stuff from him the other night to go onto commentary after losing.

4 minutes ago, BonjourBonjour said:

Cracking stuff from him the other night to go onto commentary after losing.

He has done it after his last few fight abit he has never been ko'd just before. I think it would take a lot of him to actually stop talking :lol:

Malignaggi and Al Bernstein at Showtime are the best boxing commentators. 

1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

He has done it after his last few fight abit he has never been ko'd just before. I think it would take a lot of him to actually stop talking :lol:

Malignaggi and Al Bernstein at Showtime are the best boxing commentators. 

I do like Paulie's commentary. The American commentaries are in general more entertaining and informative when it comes to boxing.

17 hours ago, Gillete said:

Fury won't be fighting in the UK if he is. No way the BBBOC will grant him his licence back for a rumoured fight in may 

He still has to meet UKAD in May. He won't be doing shit if he gets banned.