Boxing and MMA

September time, semis in Feb time I think 2018 and then final around May.

Eubank Jr is the real deal, always thought so. His fitness levels are incredible and great punching speed. Not great power but over the distance it adds up. Abraham chin kept him in that, he will stop Groves or Callum Smith imo.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

There is a bit of Calzaghe with Eubank Jnr and his freakish engine and output.

He is probably not as good, and a little more orthodox in style, but sheer volume puts me in mind of Calzaghe.

Calzaghe avoided the best at the time I doubt Eubank Jnr will but time will tell.

4 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

Calzaghe avoided the best at the time I doubt Eubank Jnr will but time will tell.

Joe has a cracking record. Lot a good names on it.  Yea he did fight Roy jones or the executioner unti late on. Think jones is only a year older ? Remember lacy was sent, the next best thing from America. If eubank does half what even joe does he'll make it. 

On 17 July 2017 at 1:55 AM, Band of Brothers said:

Who did he avoid? Genuine question as I've heard this before but only after Warren said so after Calzaghe win a court case against him. I don't remember anyone really calling him out and him ducking them. He was never really a big star for years so the money and interest in fighting him from the Yankee hyped fighters would not have been there earlier in his career. He also suffered a lot with injuries and that fucked up a fight with Johnson that I remember but then Johnson lost in an eliminator and that fucked it up again. I mention him because he beat Jones Jnr who is usually thought of as the best at the time but Calzaghe beat a few guys who beat him anyway. It's as if our fighters need to go over to the US or else they get no credit because of the broadcasters but they rarely go abroad either once they have titles. I also remember Hopkins wanted double the original agreed price to fight Joe earlier in his career but when he did finally fight him both were older but Hopkins was on one of the best runs of his career and went on to beat Pavlik who was considered the p4p best at the time. Jones was past it but was still only two years older than Calzaghe. He also beat Eubank, Kessler, Benn, Collins, and Lacey who was considered the best up and coming Yank a bit like with Russell who Lomachenko beat and got great credit for it. 

People can criticise him for not going to the US or chasing fights against the others but none of them purposely sought to come here and take Calzaghe's belts. I don't blame any of them because it's easy to lose decisions due to the home fighter and dodgy judging factor. But it seems when it comes to critics of fighters it's always by cocky US analysts who only give credit to fighters who move over there.

I think you do have to chase after all the other best fighters to get the recognition as a true all time great but don't blame fighters who are not interested in giving all the advantages to Yankee fighters. Joe's record is superb and better than most when it comes to tough fights in my view.

47 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Who did he avoid? Genuine question as I've heard this before but only after Warren said so after Calzaghe win a court case against him. I don't remember anyone really calling him out and him ducking them. He was never really a big star for years so the money and interest in fighting him from the Yankee hyped fighters would not have been there earlier in his career. He also suffered a lot with injuries and that fucked up a fight with Johnson that I remember but then Johnson lost in an eliminator and that fucked it up again. I mention him because he beat Jones Jnr who is usually thought of as the best at the time but Calzaghe beat a few guys who beat him anyway. It's as if our fighters need to go over to the US or else they get no credit because of the broadcasters but they rarely go abroad either once they have titles. I also remember Hopkins wanted double the original agreed price to fight Joe earlier in his career but when he did finally fight him both were older but Hopkins was on one of the best runs of his career and went on to beat Pavlik who was considered the p4p best at the time. Jones was past it but was still only two years older than Calzaghe. He also beat Eubank, Kessler, Benn, Collins, and Lacey who was considered the best up and coming Yank a bit like with Russell who Lomachenko beat and got great credit for it. 

People can criticise him for not going to the US or chasing fights against the others but none of them purposely sought to come here and take Calzaghe's belts. I don't blame any of them because it's easy to lose decisions due to the home fighter and dodgy judging factor. But it seems when it comes to critics of fighters it's always by cocky US analysts who only give credit to fighters who move over there.

I think you do have to chase after all the other best fighters to get the recognition as a true all time great but don't blame fighters who are not interested in giving all the advantages to Yankee fighters. Joe's record is superb and better than most when it comes to tough fights in my view.

Joes resume speaks for itself 

20 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Joes resume speaks for itself 

Yeah I've always thought so. His fights do too. I always expected him to get beat myself as a kid because he just looked like your big cousin and because he used to do that slappy stuff at times but he was genuinely hard as fuck and a great boxer too. Seemed like a throwback to the old days in the sense that he could do a bit of everything and threw about 800 punches a fight. He never left me dissapointed like you often feel now with these self proclaimed top fighters.

I think he'd have probably beat them all in his prime or atleast won the rematches so all this you have to prove yourself to the Yanks just sounds like bull. What's wrong with loving your own country and the advantages of being at home. It's what the Yankees also do. Seems like hypocrisy and double standards to me. Even HBO's favourite Jones Jnr lost to fighters like Glen Johnson who was beaten by guys Joe fought. 

I remember the Yanks ducking Collins who Joe beat and who refused to fight him again. Seems the Yanks get to choose who is considered all time greats. I personally think Calzaghe done enough to claim that status.