Boxing and MMA

2 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

His eye was fucked for 4 rounds, but he kept going. 

The boy is 23 and knows he has another day to fight. 

I get the criticism but he needs to think about his future. 

Could potentially go the other way and shatter his confidence.

There’s a certain level of ‘gameness’ that you see in world class fighters that doesn’t seem to be there yet.

Will be interesting to see how he comes back in his next fight against decent opposition.

3 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

I was meaning if a UFC fighter done that because they had a closed eye they would get laughed at.

Of course, but it's a different sport.

DD is 23 years old and has years ahead of him earning money (right now he's earning buttons compared to what he could).

In UFC it's a shorter career and more explosive. 

Let's not compare it. 

Think Joyce Usyk would be decent. They have fought before back in the day and it was pretty close. Usyk has obviously gone on to do some incredible things but he's not been overly convincing yet at heavyweight. Joyce is far better technically than Chisora as well and is a big lad. Usyk would obviously be the favourite though.

Don't think Dubois has got the show stopping power he was touted as having, suppose its going up in levels where fighters can take punches - which showed tonight. Joyce isn't pretty to watch at times but clearly has a good chin, a good jab and probably hits alot harder than people realise. I would say Joyce would beat Wilder, not that they'd fight. Hopefully Joyce v Usysk happens,a Joyce v Whyte or Chisora might be a good scrap. Dubois has time to come back again, with more experience and fight management he would prob have won tonight- will be a test of his mentality as to how he reacts to defeat.

Joyce is a decent fighter but not prime time, the likes of Fury would just embarrass him. At 35 this is about as good as it gets for him. The young boy DD doesn't have the smarts yet and quiting albeit smartly some will say is a huge mental block for him as he will be seen as a soft touch. 

1 hour ago, bluebell82 said:

Don't think Dubois has got the show stopping power he was touted as having, suppose its going up in levels where fighters can take punches - which showed tonight. Joyce isn't pretty to watch at times but clearly has a good chin, a good jab and probably hits alot harder than people realise. I would say Joyce would beat Wilder, not that they'd fight. Hopefully Joyce v Usysk happens,a Joyce v Whyte or Chisora might be a good scrap. Dubois has time to come back again, with more experience and fight management he would prob have won tonight- will be a test of his mentality as to how he reacts to defeat.

Joyce would beat wilder? Luis Ortiz would beat Dubios and Joyce on the same night.

14 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Joyce would beat wilder? Luis Ortiz would beat Dubios and Joyce on the same night.

Ortiz is a good fighter, just too old now- Joyce would beat him imo. Ortiz is only good (technical) fighter Wilder faced, before Fury. Wilder is done now, no technical ability and fighters will know he's not good if you walk him down and back him up. Show me Wilders amateur record, and professional, and tell me he's beaten better people than Joe has on his record?

9 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

Ortiz is a good fighter, just too old now- Joyce would beat him imo. Ortiz is only good (technical) fighter Wilder faced, before Fury. Wilder is done now, no technical ability and fighters will know he's not good if you walk him down and back him up. Show me Wilders amateur record, and professional, and tell me he's beaten better people than Joe has on his record?

Based on a couple of the shots Joyce took of Dubois (fair fucks he took em) I don’t think he could afford to take one of wilders bombs.

while we’re talking of wilder, would like to see him fight Ruiz, or just fuck off that would be great too, guys a total bellend.

6 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Based on a couple of the shots Joyce took of Dubois (fair fucks he took em) I don’t think he could afford to take one of wilders bombs.

while we’re talking of wilder, would like to see him fight Ruiz, or just fuck off that would be great too, guys a total bellend.

Feel like I could batter you based on your posting style 

5 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

Wilder has a heavily padded record, I wouldn’t put Joyce above Breazeale, Malik Scott or Ortiz, the best boxer Joyce has beaten is an ageing  Bermane Stiverne (Who wilder also beat twice when he had more tread left on the tyres, I think wilder was the first person to KO him)

It’s easy to say ‘just back wilder up’ but not many people have the ability to make it look as easy as Tyson did in the second fight.

You could say Joyce has the better amateur career, wilder still managed an Olympic bronze while fraudley Harrison got a gold...