Boxing and MMA

11 minutes ago, CR3 said:

Fuck sake, I wanted to see Jake Paul getting skelped about and they’ve put some ex-basketball player against him, cunt was sprinting into him head first clinching without a clue and Paul sparked him out:lol::J-Pierre: 

Up for work a bit early and against my better judgement decided to put the Tyson fight on, had to Google this Jake Paul and Nate Robinson pair because I've never heard of either, some YouTube cunt and an ex basketball player, now for two guys in their fifties, wtf has happened to boxing, embarrassing that cunts are actually paying for this shite, I'm embarrassed to be watching it for free tbh.

21 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Up for work a bit early and against my better judgement decided to put the Tyson fight on, had to Google this Jake Paul and Nate Robinson pair because I've never heard of either, some YouTube cunt and an ex basketball player, now for two guys in their fifties, wtf has happened to boxing, embarrassing that cunts are actually paying for this shite, I'm embarrassed to be watching it for free tbh.

Aye, sleeping pattern is all over the shop but was actually sober for a change on a Saturday. I’ve just put it on that hesgoal mate. There have been official £20 PPV’s for 2 YouTubers fighting, even Eddie Hearn promoted it, mockery of the sport. 

Also with Dubois, I think that might prove to be a good learning defeat for him. He is still very young and can build and learn over next 3-4 years.

He will be a hard guy to promote though. He doesn't come across very bright (even by boxer standards) and communication isn't - in any way - natural. He talks like an illiterate adult trying to read a childrens book.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Also with Dubois, I think that might prove to be a good learning defeat for him. He is still very young and can build and learn over next 3-4 years.

He will be a hard guy to promote though. He doesn't come across very bright (even by boxer standards) and communication isn't - in any way - natural. He talks like an illiterate adult trying to read a childrens book.

just another big boxer with power shots and no jab.

38 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Dubois was ahead on two of the cards when he quit.

It doesn't surprise me. He was throwing the eye catching shots :craphead: earlier in the fight. It would of been interesting if the fight continued.

I've just read that Dubois was mocking Joyce's blind mother before the fight, that's karma for you.

1 hour ago, Laudrup1984 said:

One judge had Dubois 5 ahead.

One judge had Dubois 1 ahead.

One judge had Joyce 3 ahead.

I had Dubois 2 ahead but some of the rounds were so close I didn’t have a clue how the judges were going to see it. I’m surprised it wasn’t stopped by his corner or the ref before he quit to be honest. I still think Dubois will go on to have a more successful career, Joyce is never going to be world level but Dubois is young enough to learn from last night and will improve from it.

20 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

Wilder has a heavily padded record, I wouldn’t put Joyce above Breazeale, Malik Scott or Ortiz, the best boxer Joyce has beaten is an ageing  Bermane Stiverne (Who wilder also beat twice when he had more tread left on the tyres, I think wilder was the first person to KO him)

It’s easy to say ‘just back wilder up’ but not many people have the ability to make it look as easy as Tyson did in the second fight.

You could say Joyce has the better amateur career, wilder still managed an Olympic bronze while fraudley Harrison got a gold...

Malik Scott ahead of Joyce 😂...I can't see Wilder being around for much longer - prob get the trilogy fight with fury but assuming he loses that it'd be difficult for him to get back in the picture after that. 

7 hours ago, bluebell82 said:

Malik Scott ahead of Joyce 😂...I can't see Wilder being around for much longer - prob get the trilogy fight with fury but assuming he loses that it'd be difficult for him to get back in the picture after that. 

Haha I said ‘wouldn’t put him above’ which means I’d have them on par, I don’t think Joyce is much higher than a decent national level boxer much like Scott in the states at the time. 

Id imagine after the beating Tyson put on him he will exhaust all other avenues before taking another rematch but maybe he has more balls and less brains than I give him credit for.

7 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

Haha I said ‘wouldn’t put him above’ which means I’d have them on par, I don’t think Joyce is much higher than a decent national level boxer much like Scott in the states at the time. 

Id imagine after the beating Tyson put on him he will exhaust all other avenues before taking another rematch but maybe he has more balls and less brains than I give him credit for.

I guess time will tell re Joyce, he's not getting any younger so things need to happen for him next year - can't see Usyk stopping him but a Usyk points win is prob the most likely outcome.