***The Official Hearts vs. The Champions Thread***

Muff

What i don't understand are you folks making the others who are dissappointed look shameful.

How the hell is being "optimistic" going to be the grudgeline of this match? - we SHOULD be doing it, but we aren't, is this down to the fact we sold our 22 half-season striker for 400k (which wouldn't actually buy a top 6 SPL striker) or is this down to the fact we've played Lafferty up front (alone) who has the first touch of a rhino?

Questions need asked here today, serious questions. Because this is just unacceptable.

Atleast someone agrees with me (tu)

Very well, we controlled the game. But sticking with a defensive minded formation for the majority of the game was a ridiculous decision.

They say its matches like this that shape Champions. We just couldn't score because we have 1 up front, and for the majority of the match it was not and never will be a proven goalscorer. We may well have played them off the park, but playing teams off parks without winning games doesn't win the title :anguish:

Having 1 striker up front wasn't the reason Lafferty missed his chances and their goalkeeper made several top saves.

People get fixated on formations. Very few teams actually play a straight 4-4-2 nowadays. 4-5-1 isn't necessarily defensive!

Awful 2nd half. Just awful. Our finishing was terrible and once we got discouraged, aimless long balls ensued. They score from their first or second chance and we never looked like scoring after that bar Jelavic's effort.

Should have been out of sight in the first half but we didn't put them away when we were dominating.

The Doom & Gloom team are out again. :anguish:

Do you really think we are going to win every game?We didn't take our chances and lost by one goal but are we going to win the league? Of course we fucking are,WATP.

Its always going to be a tough game playing away,you just need to be realistic.

Hearts? They'll drift away once their form slumps.

We looked brilliant 1st half and once Jelavic is fighting fit and up front with Lafferty we will be back at the summit soon enough. (tu)

We lost imo because of two things:

1. Only played 1 striker up front - we should never do this in the SPL.

2. Whittaker's usual poor defending. Then playing the Hearts man onside at the goal.

Please play Lafferty and Jelavic up front together.

because we stopped playing football and punted the thing forward, Walter really needs to take a look at how we play the game at times

Can't believe how we continue to refuse to learn the obvious!! What the hell is the matter with our management when everyone else can see it, but they can't? Having great success in the first half, then falling back on the same old USELESS "tactics" in the second. Does my heid right in.

I thought Lafferty started OK but his first touch is absolutely disgusting for a professional footballer. Hearts were rubbish in the first half and we couldn't take advantage of it.. we should have been at least 2-0 up. I thought Hearts were poor overall today and the one half decent chance they got they took which was the only difference today. I'm still confident we will win the SPL.. there's a long way to go.

Absolutely shocking second half mate and Walter just throws 3 subs on and they don't know where the fuk thy are meant to be on the pitch! Absolute bollocks and don't get me started on lafferty, mcculloch and weir! Fucking dreadful! Really really pissed fucking off!