Kris Commons linked with Rangers

jackunion

Commons and Weiss on the wings would rip the arse outta the SPL. Naisy floats about the pitch anyways he never sticks to the wing and Commons & Weiss could do that effectively plus both would provide natural width, something we've lacked for a long damn time and then just let Naisy have a free role in attack to support Niko Jelavic.

Hope we get hi to begin with and if so then hopefully we can get him now although it was rumoured that Derby wanted £750k if they were to sell him now. The manky bastarts just want him because they knew we were after him, those fuckers have enough wide players, he'll just end up like that runt Riordan if he goes to the bastarts.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pay the 750k and get him now! We have about that to spend so lets do it! The more we mess about the more Celtic will have a chance to get him!

Would love him at rangers but think ppl would get on his back like they do weiss, I still think he'd run amock!

Good player and a rare player that we're linked with that I'd love for us to sign. He can play either flank, but has found great success for Derby playing off a lone striker, so he'd be a good versatile signing for us.

Would like him here.

If it's down to money however he will go to them.

But if money is not the issue he will get more games for us, play in Europe and will have loads of familiar faces round about him , Scottish international team mates, which will make him more comfortable and settle better IMO.

Go to Celtic and he ll be lucky If 10% of the team even speak English

Excuse my ignorance, but is he that good??

Have only seen him a couple of times and was never overly impressed! Maybe I need to watch him more!

Really liked him at Forest, still can't believe he didn't sign/or offered a contract extension at Forest and I've always felt we should have gone for him the last time he could have left on a free before he even signed for Derby.

I think he could do very well for us and don't think he is really fully oriented by money as Derby are willing to pay him what he wanted I think the chance to play in Europe is more of an attraction to him.

I'm sure he plays just off the striker for Derby this season?

His overall attacking play is impressive from the games I've watched him in. A good signing for us and would do well in the SPL, can play either on the wing or just off the strikers, similar to Naismith. A good versatile player.

Am I the only person that thinks Kevin Philips would do a job up front for us, I apologise for going off-topic but Its just a few people have mentioned striking options and I got me thinking.

Am I the only person that thinks Kevin Philips would do a job up front for us, I apologise for going off-topic but Its just a few people have mentioned striking options and I got me thinking.

I thought that about Beattie, wouldn't take the risk again.

Shrewd signing but I think we need a striker, but he's a good player so DILEMMA.

I was thinking this myself, he's a great player but we already have quite a talent in midfield with the youth starting to shine through where as Jelavic is probably our only proven goal scorer with Miller on the leave. I just can't see Lafferty and Beattie banging in the important goals, especially in Europe.

Rather than signing a mediocre replacement for Kenny Miller, Common's imo should be our number 1 target, if we get him in it would give us the option to put Naismith up front. For me a far better alternative to any of the possible signings that are currently being mentioned. That said, the fee recieved from the Miller transfer may not be enough to secure his services this month, but surely would, at the very least, allow us to offer a tempting pre contract. Infact id accept securing Commons on a pre contact even if it meant us not bringing in any direct replacememt for Miller this month rather than the alternative.