Commons: I never spoke to Rangers

gers31

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares. We obviously were in for him, why would Walter Ally etc say it if we were not, just seems ridiculous. Commons is clearly just trying to get onside with the Bheggars support.

still waiting on these so called players we've been promised, still waiting for a replacment for miller.

I think what he's trying to say is........................"Rangers spoke with my agent, but never actually spoke with me" - "Septic actually spoke with me, the Manager, Chairman, etc" and this made a difference.

If so, then it's Bain's fault for not conducting the process in a proper manner.

3 things you need to do to become one of them

1. Lie - check

2. Cheat - no doubt we'll see a dive here or there.

3. Steal - I guess you could argue he's stealing 20k+ a week to sit about and do fuck all.

You forgot 4. Cry and whine every time something doesn't go your way and blame a mass conspiracy theory.

We don't need to speak to Commons to know if he's interested. His agent will do that for us. If he had no interest in coming here then his agent wouldn't have bothered talking to us, so he was definintely willing to come here. He'd just rather have the crazy money Celtic are offering him.

So we speak to Derby and agree a fee. We then get permission to speak to Commons but we only get to speak to his agent!!

Is that your take on this deal Kev?

Come on..anyone entering in to negotiations to buy a player at least speaks to them once face to face to see for themselves if they are genuinely interested in signing or are just being polite and seeing what we have to offer.

Our interest in Commons first broke right at the beginning of November.

Now 3 months later are we to believe that he has just made his mind up in the last day or so and that we have been pursuing him for 3 months,never spoke to him and he had no intention of signing for us in the 1st place.

Like i said..someone is talking bullshit here and it's either Commons or Rangers.

So we speak to Derby and agree a fee. We then get permission to speak to Commons but we only get to speak to his agent!!

Is that your take on this deal Kev?

If Celtic have been in touch with them waving 20k under his nose, then theres a decent chance we only spoke to the agent to get an idea of figures, obviously 14k was a non starter

Or both are bending the truth a tad? I reckon it's that.

Some are saying that his agent may have spoken to Rangers but not the player...I'd say that's likely. It's disingenuous of Commons to claim that he hasn't talked to Rangers though as the agent is his representative and speaking for him. I'm sure he would have signed for Rangers but went for the money once they became interested (and I suspect leans towards them in any case).

I really don't see Ally or Walter lying to the press regarding a player they both apparently rate.

Maybe that's just me, but Commons told Derby match my demands and I am fully commited to playing for Derby.

He stated in the local press on two occasions he wanted to stay at Derby Fc, he's all about the cash.

Did the same to Derby when left Forest deal was done then he demanded more money, deal stalled completed when Derby provided the extra cash.

Was waiting to see what spin they would put on the 'I followed the money' story.

Anyway, WHY do most folk think he'll be a bench warmer for the scum? He is better than what they have, as much as I now hate the wee stumpy cunt I do believe he'll enhance their starting 11.

Another thing I have to question, and to be honest I'm unsure how we work now, but does the said target actually get a chance to speak to Walter before he signs?

Surely Smith is part the reason why a player would come to us in the first place (well a small minority nowdays who don't just ask how much am I getting), surely a short conversation with Walter would have you in no doubt that Rangers is the place to be.

Are we saying now that until terms are agreed with Bain then Walter is basically not involved.

A waste if you ask me.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's telling the truth tbh. He has nothing to gain by saying he didn't talk to us. If he said he turned us down to join Celtic, they'd fucking adore him.

Sure, if it wasn't for the fact he said that it wouldn't have mattered even if he HAD talked to us, he'd still have joined them. It's the same thing.

Well if it is then surely Rangers must issue a statement refuting his LIES.

If they don't then every Tom Dick and Harry will believe Commons and not only did we not sign him but they lied to the fans in the process to make them think they were trying.

Rangers cannot stay silent on this issue.

i wouldnt believe any of the rangers leaders if they said today was friday

The main point is:

Why would Commons say he didn't speak to us. What does he have to gain? He could easily have put out the line "I spoke to Rangers but once I knew Celtic were in for me, there was only one place I was going" and it would have made it seem like the scum had beaten us to his signature. The way he's talking, we never spoke to him, so they've not really beaten us.

I believe my own club over a wee bheggar bastard, though.