Favourite Gers when you were a kid

CraigR#10

I met him when I was youngster as he appeared in a charity match Vs Garelochhead back in the sixties. I'd wanted his autograph after the match and asked what should I call him. He replied: "Anything you fuckin' want son as long as you don't swear at me."

:uk:

Aye that would be Shearer alright! He didn't mince words and called a spade a fuckin' shovel.

Funnily enough, he was one of my idols BEFORE he played for the Rangers, when he was with the Accies.

I used to love the way he played,so you can imagine how I felt when he came to play with us.

I remember playing against Bellshill Academy on a freezing cold day in the late 50's with the rain pelting down,and after the game finished, this man came up to me and said,"Son! that's the best right-back performance that I've ever seen fae a wee laddie!"

I nearly fainted when I saw that man was Captain Cutlass himself. I was so overawed that I nervously said... thanks Mr Cutlass...and he nearly pissed himself laughing.

I couldn't pluck up the courage to tell him that I was supposed to be playing right wing :lol:

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some right young kids on here..

How about Davie Cooper, John Greig, John McLelland, Sandy Jardine, Alex Macdonald, Tam Forysth, Willie Johnstone, John Macdonald, Big DJ, Tommy McLean, Derek Parlane..

Was thinking the same about the young members. When i was young it was Willie Henderson, he was my next door neighbour in Hamilton.

Ally McCoist, Stuart McCall, Brian Laudrup, Andy Goram and Richard Gough.

Then it was Barry Ferguson, Stefan Klos, Arthur Numan, Neil McCann, Billy Dodds, Michael Mols, Andrei Kanchelskis and Colin Hendry