Goodwillie To Sign For Blackburn Tomorrow

Agreed. Would put the lack of Miller move into context. A real statement of intent and better value too.

That was the one satisfaction that i got out of Miller going to Cardiff. It increased our chances of landing this lad.

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Blackpool have made a bid for Dundee United's David Goodwillie, Rangers & Cardiff are also set to submit offers after Goodwillie was cleared #BFC

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Fourth_Official Fourth Official

Blackpool have made a bid for Dundee United's David Goodwillie, Rangers & Cardiff are also set to submit offers after Goodwillie was cleared #BFC

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Fourth Official is behind the curve on this one. Gers bid rejected acccording to BBC and Scotsman.

Hootsmon

Really? Could we not tell that they were not going to accept anything under 2 million, Rangers man up and offer the 2 million. A 21 year old that scores for fun in the SPL, it is a bargain.

Rangers have failed in a fresh bid to sign David Goodwillie after Dundee United threw out their latest offer.

The Ibrox club stepped up their pursuit of the striker just hours after he was told that rape charges against him have been dropped by the Crown Office — seven months after an incident in Livingston.

The rejection by the Tannadice club is unlikely to deter Rangers — who face a fight for the player with Ian Holloway’s Blackpool.

United are determined to get £2million for the striker, although Cardiff’s interest in the player has cooled. The SPL champions bid just over half that sum last month, and Sportsmail understands the latest offer was not significantly higher.

But McCoist confirmed he remains in the hunt for a striker — and Scotland’s Young Player of the Year certainly fits the bill.

‘I am still looking to bring in defenders but I am also looking for wide players and a striker,’ said McCoist, who confirmed that Dorin Goian’s arrival has not necessarily ended his interest in Aston Villa’s Carlos Cuellar and Arsenal’s Kyle Bartley.

‘No deal is dead. Cuellar is certainly not a dead deal for us. I would rule nobody out. I am happy with those we have brought in and those we are pursuing.’

United are determined to get £2million for the striker, although Cardiff’s interest in the player has cooled. The SPL champions bid just over half that sum last month, and Sportsmail understands the latest offer was not significantly higher.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2018620/Rangers-bid-David-Goodwillie-rejected.html#ixzz1TA5LfXpe

I think UTD would take 1.5 off us if it was all up front.

They would be aware of his desire to come here. Seems the sort of lad that would make it clear to the chairman.

I may be wrong but I do believe the "add ons" part is what is holding this up.